Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Deckeon : A Shadowrun 3rd Edition MUD/MUSH  (Read 20975 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deckeon : A Shadowrun 3rd Edition MUD/MUSH
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:28 pm »

Thanks for the warning.

Hmm... Whats with the website tagline under the title? A play on the "sinister" environment?

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

I don't see why numbers would be so bad - 50-Cent, Johnny-5, Number 6, 007, etc.
Just to repeat the warning I read up above - riggers don't seem to be fully supported and it looks like they require a lot of manual work by the GMs.  I was kind of tempted too but seeing that I figured I could stuff in a VCR anytime later.  You can implant a VCR at chargen or in cyber shops and I have run across remote control stuff, not seen a place to buy drones yet but I've only scrateched the surface...

Heh ninja'd ;D

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:04 pm »

<gulp>

I went for a custom character (I just have to design everything in detail when I play a game!) ...now I need the guy's real name...
...And I still don't have any idea what people in Shadowrun name their kids.

Any way to keep it from disconnecting me when I idle for a while asking questions?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2011, 06:09:53 pm »

Rolling up a smart, durable, awkward dwarf for the more... cerebral stuff but also being able to pull a trigger before he dies in combat.

karock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2011, 06:14:20 pm »

the whole 'everyone is left handed' thing I believe is because if you equip a weapon or hold something it puts it in your left hand by default, and then if you equip two weapons the right hand is generally considered the 'offhand'. something like that anyway.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »

One thing I redid my character for was a way to open locks - it was frustrating as heck being stopped by all the locked doors.  So I suggest either huge strength, magical boomy spells, lock picking skill, or a possibly a gun that can blow it open (I didn't have much luck with a rifle which is supposed to be strength 9 or 10, but I also didn't have a smartlinked one which is making a HUGE difference in combat)...

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »

I would assume a shotgun would be better for breaching than a rifle... do "master key" shotshells exist in the future?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:28 pm »

while in the military I used slugs to breach doors, since they wouldn't ricochet like buckshot. A lot of soldiers have pellets in their shins/knees from improper attempts.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 02:53:43 pm »

I would assume a shotgun would be better for breaching than a rifle... do "master key" shotshells exist in the future?

The rulebook has a pistol-like weapon, but I haven't seen it in-game.

Shotguns work well enough on wooden and glass doors, but don't work on Metal ones.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »

I'm sorry but I'm a little lost on how I'm supposed to use triggers with MUSHClient to send all OOC and tells to the notepad for this game. I read the post that mentions how to do this but I don't understand. How am I supposed to do this?

Also I am interested in trying out Deckeon but I have never roleplayed in a Shadowrun game before. My only experience with this franchise would be the SNES and Genesis games as well as my reading of a 4E core rulebook that I no longer have in my possession. Is there a place where I could reference the setting and how to roleplay in said setting?

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

Ha I just did this and I knew nothing about MUSHclient
Go to Triggers-Add
Put the following in the Trigger box: * oocs *
Put this in the Send box: %0
Pick Notepad(Append)

BAM click OK you're done
edit: Do the same with the other trigger( * tells you *)

Then when it's running it will open a Triggers: window with all that output copied there
(THere *might* be one step to enable triggers that I don't remember - holler if the above doesn't work)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:55:38 pm by gimlet »

Kameleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »

Also remember to tile/cascade the window(s) within MUSHclient itself, as the notepad it automatically creates and pops will appear behind your game window.  You'll need to stretch the client window to be large enough to allow room for both game window and notepad window to be visible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2011, 05:44:25 pm »

Also, if anyone has Terminlogy questions, a good fast(faster than looking up the manuals and better than the in-mud help) resource is http://gaming.thecasavants.com/SRIII/srterms.htm

That link is great for learning street slang, but don't worry much about it.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2011, 07:54:15 pm »

Thank you very much for the help. I was considering playing Deckeon earlier seeing as a friend of mine from another game is interested in playing (though as Lone Star), and that I've been wanting to play a game other than Decker and the Shadowrun games for the Sega Genesis and the SNES that has decking. I always managed to play a decker in those games even if it was kind of hard to get started.

-edit- I've run into a problem during character creation. I've tried everything but I cannot read any of the help files on the starting builds. In particular I'm trying to read the help files on Tech-Wiz and Combat Decker. What am I supposed to do in order to read these files in order to decide which one I should pick?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:23:03 pm by dei »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

Type: help tech-wiz
and
help combat-decker

All help files link to single words, so the hypens are important.

Also, one idea to try is buying your deck in-game instead of during character creation.

While the deck available in character creation are cheaper, there are better once in-game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9