Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Deckeon : A Shadowrun 3rd Edition MUD/MUSH  (Read 20965 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deckeon : A Shadowrun 3rd Edition MUD/MUSH
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 08:45:52 pm »

Don't pick a prebuilt build. They all suck.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »

Yeah I couldn't find that either or it wasn't really descriptive - I just picked some of the archtypes, created that character, and looked at their skills, stats, spells and equipment.  Then I used the DELETE command to delete the characters.   Then I built a custom character anyway, heh.  The advice given above was pretty good (stats 1st, skills 2nd, etc)

Wow ninja'd - twice even...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:48:40 pm by gimlet »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:22 pm »

Actually, after reading what LordBucket had said about this game, I don't know if I even want to finish with character creation. I couldn't find a single help file on any single archetype and I don't know the game well enough to create a custom character. Sorry, I'm out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2011, 01:48:36 am »

Well, the community is very nice, and very willing to help you.  Just type "ooc <question>" to ask a question, it works during character creation.

I should also point out that the archtype descriptions really aren't very helpful.  For instance, "Combat Decker" is exactly what you would expect: Somebody that can use a deck, and that can fight.  The archtype is a paragraph that says basically that.

You can also just ask here.  I'd be more than happy to give you my two cents, for what it's worth.

Kameleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2011, 07:09:50 am »

Actually, after reading what LordBucket had said about this game, I don't know if I even want to finish with character creation. I couldn't find a single help file on any single archetype and I don't know the game well enough to create a custom character. Sorry, I'm out.

Take a stab in the dark.  Character creation gets quicker and easier the more you do it.  Worst case scenario you delete, or go log another alt and try again learning from any mistakes.  And please, ask in OOC if you're stuck or have questions, again even if that means re-rolling again once you've asked the question and botched your first character.

karock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2011, 11:04:45 am »

Hopefully have some fun new things built this week to ease some of the learning curve with various parts of the world... stay tuned :)

Well the thing I've been working on is finally live :) After the newbie run you will be guided to an information broker that will be able to provide a lot of information about the world that would otherwise have to be found through trial and error, as well as some basic gear that is hard to find for new players (like lock picks).

Took a while since I ended up having to write about 50 KB of text to describe all the areas, hints on where to find gear, etc. :D Enjoy.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:44 am »

Does hotwiring even works? I made a mistake of raising electronics skill(The game oes a good job of not telling you half the bloody skills have no in-game application.)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 02:06:48 pm »

Definitely, but the game's method of rolling dice makes high target numbers difficult regardless of number of dice.

Type [Vehicle Help] to learn about vehicle commands.

Yeah, my character also has electronics.  In one run, I used it to steal a car for the team to use for the transport of a scientist we were going to kidnap.

Since I could do that, I consider my purchase of the electronics skill worthwhile.

To hotwire a vehicle, type "hotwire" while on/in the vehicle.  And make sure you at least have a basic medical plan, because it is possible to die from electrocution.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2011, 12:59:35 pm »

Oh, sure. I have 6 in electronics and 6 in INT, I've tried hotwiring for like 10 minutes, but that never worked even on the simpliest cars. The only time I was ever electrocuted was me trying to jack a LoneStar cruiser.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:23 pm »

You gained a point of karma for Grinding Johnsons.

Oh my.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2011, 04:11:39 am »

Oh, sure. I have 6 in electronics and 6 in INT, I've tried hotwiring for like 10 minutes, but that never worked even on the simpliest cars. The only time I was ever electrocuted was me trying to jack a LoneStar cruiser.

It's all about dice rolls.  You've got to keep trying with the same car until you succeed.

[====Dice Roll Tutorial====]
In Deckeon, your skills checks are determined by dice roll.  Having more than one point in a skill does NOT increase the result directly, instead it allows you to roll more dice.

Your success is determined by comparing your highest dice ONLY versus the difficulty number.

Whenever a dice roll is six, the dice is rerolled, with the result being the new number plus six.  If you roll another six, roll again.

So really, having more points in a skill only reduces the number of times you need to try.  While useful for skills with long timers, such as medical, having more than 2 or 3 skill in electronics is kinda wasted.

[====End Dice Roll Tutorial====]

Combat is different, I really don't understand combat.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »

Was really excited to try this out, but I only get Connection Time Outs when I try to connect via telnet. Is the server having issues at the moment?

EDIT: It's working now. Pretty interesting, nobody on in OOC or anything though that I can tell :(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:08:49 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2011, 12:18:36 pm »

Anyone know how I can activate my cyberware arm-blades? Got them installed and everything, but I don't know how to pull a wolverine with em.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2011, 11:42:22 am »

I seem to remember a command for it, but since I never had them I don't remember specifically - do a COMMANDS and look one by one for something likely I guess :(

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:23 am »

Soo I was going through the archives of other games and came across this, is it still alive at all ? It looks really interesting and I love the shadowrun world
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9