Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: how many old bay 12'ers are still here?  (Read 5093 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
how many old bay 12'ers are still here?
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »

I was lurking in the first posts for the game (or at least as far as they would go) and saw names that I have never seen posting currently. How many of "you" are from ye olden days of bay12?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
Re: how many old bay 12'ers are still here?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:10 pm »

you misunderstand good sir D= im not complaining about the lack of old faces I was just wondering how many people here had been here since the forums started.
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:59:47 pm »

Just go to the Members section, use the "Date Registered" thing, and find someone with a lot of posts.

Eagleon is an old one (2003).
Jonathan S. Fox is also old (2004).
So is Muz (2006).
And Virtz (2006).

Really, it's pretty easy to find out.

As for me, I was lurking around (unregistered) when 40d was still the best you had.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:18 am »

I started playing (very shortly) before 40d; I think it was out by the time I actually registered.

's as far back as I go. But I lurk 90+% of the time anyway
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 04:04:20 am »

Perhaps 'people who started when stuff was still 2D and skelephants were real' would be a good definition of old bay12'ers?

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 04:31:59 am »

When I first started playing you could only dig right, farms disappeared in winter and two floodgates and a lever were all that was required to flood the world with magma.

Fun times. Too bad the dwarves were so stupid back then. Almost impossible to get any work done, they were constantly eating, drinking or sleeping and moved incredibly slowly.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 05:54:47 am »

I started playing when aimed attacks where added to adventure mode. Which is .18 iirc.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:26 am »

I only joined the forums during the 2d version (back in 2007), although I was reading them before that of course.

Hmm that is a while now, it's probably time I found an avatar.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 06:50:08 am »

This is, frankly, better suited to the lower GD at the bottom of the main page. I suggest you move it there.

As for me, I registered a while after the release of 40d, in the summer of 2009. That probably isn't what you're looking for, though, so I bring you the users Toady One, Harlander, Aquillon, Fourth Triad, all users who have logged in at least once in the past month.

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 07:23:05 am »

Well, I've never been very active on the forums, but I've been a lurker since before there were even rumors of the mysterious "dwarf project".
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:26:18 am »

I'd say I'm pretty old.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:30:12 am »

I was playing before Toady implemented booze for the dwarves and picks to mine. I think Toady was coding under the tentative project name of Slaves of Armok: God of Blood, Chapter II: Dwarf Wagon. You guys don't know how good you have it now.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:05:52 am »

I started playing when aimed attacks where added to adventure mode. Which is .18 iirc.

Wait... I've been playing for longer than Dutchling?

I have been playing DF for a longer time than Dutchling???

Almost feels like I had just had my brain squashed with a slice of lemon wrapped inside a bar of gold... Or something similar.

I started playing with .14. I thought most of the people I see around here would have started even before 2010.

Now I want to know when Necro910 started...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 08:24:09 am »

Now I want to know when Necro910 started...

April 2011.

I couldn't remember when I started on the forums, so I went and looked.  2007 for me.  Kind of hard to believe it's been that long.

When I first started playing you could only dig right, farms disappeared in winter and two floodgates and a lever were all that was required to flood the world with magma.

Preach it, brother.  (Oh, and you kids get off my lawn!)
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 08:28:09 am »

*raises hand*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6