Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are Provost  (Read 6462 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are Provost
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:00 pm »

Like some previous adviser games, but with a couple twists. First, its set on Alpha Centauri
Spoiler: Quick Summary (click to show/hide)

The first player to post is the Provost of the University.
I am Planet. (And other faction leaders, maybe, unless it doesn't work out that way at all)
Other players are Senior Academicians(Advisers), Governors of outlying towns, or Talents (Celebrities) with the ear of the Provost.

The Game will almost entirely be within the Provost's hands, whoever he or she may be. This is not a democracy (unless the Provost makes it so!). The general direction of the game is to be run by the Provost!

To the upcoming Provost, a single question:
What is the name of your capital?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You are Provost
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:59:40 pm »

The name of my capital is: Gremlat
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:42:37 am »

May i be a governor of an outlying town?
If so it shall be called Guardlat
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:50:39 am »

I'd like to be a governor too, of the town of Grimefat
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:19 am »

I shall be the Senior Academic of Diplomacy, advising the Provost about interacting with his friends and enemies.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 08:41:22 am »

I'll take a job as a third governor, please, and have a town named Grexport.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:43:15 am »

I will be the Senior Academician of Espionage, relaying, and advising upon, information between spies and the great Provost.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:49:56 am by rty275 »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 11:28:21 am »

Now, now, people can claim whatever they want, but it is ultimately up to the Provost whether or not you get it! What you should be doing is flattering, jockeying for position, and convincing him you are the man for the job!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 11:37:56 am »

Dear Elfeather, Provst of University.
I wish to Senior of research-related projects and I assure you, any progress we make will be reported directly to you.
I merely wish to be of service, and suck up to you as much as posssible.
And to ensure my position, have this.. strange piece of alien technology which me and a small team just uncovered.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:41:40 am by Ultimuh »

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »

Provost Elfeater,

I believe contact with people, friend or foe, is vitally important, and therefore you require my services.
I have graduated from the University of Illobet with a degree in psychology, as well as running the debating and public speaking. Due to these immaculate qualifications, I believe I should be the Senior Academic of Diplomacy.

Ellier Frumkin.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »

Dear Elfeather, Provst of University.
I wish to Senior of research-related projects and I assure you, any progress we make will be reported directly to you.
I merely wish to be of service, and suck up to you as much as posssible.
And to ensure my position, have this.. strange piece of alien technology which me and a small team just uncovered.
Accepted

Provost Elfeater,

I believe contact with people, friend or foe, is vitally important, and therefore you require my services.
I have graduated from the University of Illobet with a degree in psychology, as well as running the debating and public speaking. Due to these immaculate qualifications, I believe I should be the Senior Academic of Diplomacy.

Ellier Frumkin.
Accepted
My name is MAx yeskly from here on out btw
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »

Dear Provost Yeskly,
I trust you to be a more selective ruler than would accept a short, one-line application, and thus, I must apologize for my crass previous assumption. However, you must see that flattery can only be a corrosive influence in the University that clouds the minds of those it is used upon, and creating situations where the slivertongued are victorious over the intelligent. I do hope that you will at least reconsider, and allow me a position as governor of a city, whatever the name shall be.
From,
Ian Meyer

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »

Dear Provost Yeskly,
I trust you to be a more selective ruler than would accept a short, one-line application, and thus, I must apologize for my crass previous assumption. However, you must see that flattery can only be a corrosive influence in the University that clouds the minds of those it is used upon, and creating situations where the slivertongued are victorious over the intelligent. I do hope that you will at least reconsider, and allow me a position as governor of a city, whatever the name shall be.
From,
Ian Meyer
I do not think I trust you enough yet I will put you in as a goveror of a smaller town mot a cityKinda accepted

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:27 pm »

Provost, the use of force is deemed to be beneath those of an intellectual frame of mind. Many consider it crude and inelegant. I am of the persuasion that this is false - those that choose to oppose us should find themselves under threat of arms, where history has shown us that victory goes to those that make use of swiftness, sense of purpose and guile. I humbly submit my services as armed forces co-ordinator. I can assure you I have the talent to make the most of whatever resources are entrusted to me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:43:24 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 03:32:28 pm »

But why? Provost Yeskly? Have I not shown the ability to change, to bow to your will? Although I'll admit that I questioned the ways of those that applied before, I would gladly retract my views if only you'd say the word. I do plead, nay, I beg that you will deem me worthy of a more glamorous position, if not for my own benefit, but so that your power would extend through me, your loyal servant.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5