Small Forums
- 20 (38.5%)
Large Forums
- 5 (9.6%)
It doesn't matter to me.
- 27 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Small Forums vs Large Forums: Which do you prefer?  (Read 2429 times)

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
Re: Small Forums vs Large Forums: Which do you prefer?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:26 pm »

It's the quality of the community and its behaviour that will dictate if I will prefer a forum or not.
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:08 pm »

I used to be a moderator on a small forum. We had like 15 active members. We played games together, talked in the MSN, do mods and we even formed a clan for M&B:Warband. One of the members was my girlfriend. I was with the forum for like 3 years I guess. Then, people started to get busy, I broke up with my girlfriend, everybody moved on and the forum died. Some of the old members (maybe like 3 people) created another forum and they are still running it. The only reason I'm not there is, that forum is really crowded right now. I know I'll never have that fun ever again in an online community. I still talk to one of the members like once a month, who happens to be my ex-girlfriend's ex-boyfriend. Nope, nothing weird about it.

Small forums are more... interesting.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:59:59 pm by Leatra »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

I think small forums douse themselves in Nostalgia, so that we will have nostalgia fits years after we are done with them. I had a very similar experience to yours, Leatra; a small group (~10 people) of active posters that used to do some awesome stuff together. Roleplaying was insanely fun, spending nights sharing music, etc etc. Random Conversations was the name of our favorite thread.

Of course, I dont think it was quite that awesome back in the day, but you'll have to pry these rose tinted glasses off my cold dead hands if you want them back.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »

The only forums I go on are this and reddit, as far as it qualifies as a forum. I'd say I prefer this one far more.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

i have spend most of my from time here and i can say i like this form for it size and feel.
it is not too big or fast but not to small or slow, and the mods are fair to boot.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 06:31:07 am »

I'd say how active a forum is is more important, bay12 manages to be such a lovely forum through sheer force of will alone :P

Still, I like forums both large and small.
Pages: 1 [2]