Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Istod be let in? Should I rob all the caravans humies and elves send?

Save Istod
- 3 (20%)
Save her after a week in the ARTICS!!!
- 4 (26.7%)
No.
- 1 (6.7%)
Rob Humies
- 0 (0%)
Rob Elves
- 0 (0%)
Rob EVERYONE
- 3 (20%)
Just trade with 'em
- 4 (26.7%)
Leave them alone -_-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 17, 2011, 07:23:56 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Eugenics Fortress (abandoned)  (Read 8078 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Eugenics Fortress (Slightly controversial, lol)
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 02:06:55 pm »

Chief !!SCIENCE!! dwarf is claimed by me, but if you want, you can have Olin Sabretrotted, one of the starting 7 who murdered two of the others with a pick axe :P
Fine!
Or Ustuth the Flawless Quick Anger would go too.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TRodS

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

I want to be dorfed as an injured piece of wolf fodder named "lucky"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »

I want to be dorfed as an injured piece of wolf fodder named "lucky"

Don't get a lot of that, the wolves either finish the dwarf involved, or are all killed.

That, or a blizzard man pops up and tears the dwarf in half. Go figure :/

TRodS

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »

K, then one of the farmer stalk.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 11:05:59 pm »

totally watching this.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

TRodS

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »

Oh, and the whole Istod thing reminds me of a Derren Brown experiment... Just thinking about how fun it would be to see what sort of stresses certain dwarfs can be put under.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80bZUn8ra8

Just throwing ideas around.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 02:02:09 pm »

Derren Brown is a FRAUD! FRAUD I TELLS YOU!!! D:<

Anyways, to go back on topic, nothing much has happened, might consider even setting up cage traps just to bring some wolves inside the fortress, to simulate my own !FUN! amongst the farmer populace.
Not going to be able to update this much till' Friday sadly;(

Also, does really know if booze can survive being air dropped? :P

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »

MOAR UPDATES!!!  >:(       :D

Eh, I can wait, I suppose... And I'll airdrop a barrel right now just for kicks. I'll tell you the results.

BARREL DROP UPDATE: Just ran the test twice with two different quality barrels. Masterpiece barrel: 14 z-levels without a scratch. Normal barrel: the same fate. I wanted to take pics, but instead of placing them nicely on the floor hatch, they simply threw the things off into empty space, and they fell all the way to the ground. However, now Barrel Dropping sounds like a pretty fun sport - get a bunch of goblins underneath and BRAIN them with a barrel full of magma, acid, slime, or any other number of foul-smelling, flesh-burning liquids. If only they would break...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:27:03 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 04:57:02 am »

Quite interesting one, dorf me if you want, no preferences at all, any dwarf whose default name you didn't like.
As for realization of your project, I guess you should take into account that many physical flaws are fixed by training, say in military. But some, like disease resistance and recuperation as well as most of mental, ones are permanent.
If a child seems weak but does not show signs of mental deficiency I suggest putting them in Girlinhat's child care centers.
You know, 3x3 enclosure with bed, table, chair, quantum stockpile of food and booze, and several tame animals inside. High value rooms are recommended to keep subjects sanity. As for training animals, I'd recommend using birds. We don't want to lose little uberdwarves for no reason or have them scarred as hell, do we?
In a fact, this could be applied even to flawless ones. Also, you could add second bed, and put in chamber a pair of children of close age in order to force relationship earlier.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »

Quite interesting one, dorf me if you want, no preferences at all, any dwarf whose default name you didn't like.
As for realization of your project, I guess you should take into account that many physical flaws are fixed by training, say in military. But some, like disease resistance and recuperation as well as most of mental, ones are permanent.
If a child seems weak but does not show signs of mental deficiency I suggest putting them in Girlinhat's child care centers.
You know, 3x3 enclosure with bed, table, chair, quantum stockpile of food and booze, and several tame animals inside. High value rooms are recommended to keep subjects sanity. As for training animals, I'd recommend using birds. We don't want to lose little uberdwarves for no reason or have them scarred as hell, do we?
In a fact, this could be applied even to flawless ones. Also, you could add second bed, and put in chamber a pair of children of close age in order to force relationship earlier.
I read through the thread before (most of the way), and as far as I know, nobody ever actually got it to work, though Yumil managed it somewhat, but only with 1x1/2x1 rooms. If it could be gotten to work, it would be awesome, but I doubt LoudWhispers would want to risk his spartan kids on it.

Really, though - that's one of the most Spartan things I've ever heard of. lol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

I read through the thread before (most of the way), and as far as I know, nobody ever actually got it to work, though Yumil managed it somewhat, but only with 1x1/2x1 rooms. If it could be gotten to work, it would be awesome, but I doubt LoudWhispers would want to risk his spartan kids on it.

Really, though - that's one of the most Spartan things I've ever heard of. lol

I don't have any birds :(
Could use dogs. Or maybe one of the animals the elves were kind enough to leave behind, namesakely a wolf and a bear. Still no breeding pair though :(
Most exciting thing that's happened so far is Shorast and Erush getting ecstatic over each other, being locked in that room... Well, my dwarves apparently don't need sanity, as long as they have each other :3

Oh and still no sign of goblins, which is quite unusual......
*Going to avoid posting for now, until something happens at least ;P

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 05:30:27 pm »

*is still looking forwards to moar updates*

Out of curiosity, are you having any luck getting them to actually become lovers? I tried forever with two of mine, burrowing them into the same locked room, cut off from the world, but nothing ever happened besides them becoming friends. I'm beginning to suspect that it's complex enough that sometimes two dwarves simply can't fall in love, but I'm not totally sure as to whether or not that's true.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

*is still looking forwards to moar updates*

Out of curiosity, are you having any luck getting them to actually become lovers? I tried forever with two of mine, burrowing them into the same locked room, cut off from the world, but nothing ever happened besides them becoming friends. I'm beginning to suspect that it's complex enough that sometimes two dwarves simply can't fall in love, but I'm not totally sure as to whether or not that's true.

Got them to be lovers, but this was over many months mind you, still haven't got them to progress further (and sorry for making you lot wait so long for updates:))

*Edit, MARRIED COUPLE!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:56:42 am by Loud Whispers »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »

how are the kids lately? superior? if not, make them survive in THE SNOW FOR A WEEK!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:16:11 pm by kerlc »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]