Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too many Fking Partys! toady wtf?  (Read 528 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Too many Fking Partys! toady wtf?
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

Every several minutes, my dwarfs are hosting another party, as one ends another begins.

It seems that all my good workers want to goto these party's as well rather then doing there jobs.

Can there please be a option to turn party's off, but leaving meeting halls alone otherwise.

I'm sick of these party's....

But whatever     :)

Edit: also at these so called "party's" Theres no booze!

I say once a year in autumn , everyone party's with lots and lots of beer and booze.  After that, no more party's for the rest of the year.

At least make a option to limit party's to once a year. Otherwise no work gets done, or i cant have no meeting halls because of party's.

I have to turn off my statue garden because all these dwarfs want to do is party. We have more pressing issues then having party's :-\

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: The-Moon ]

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Too many Fking Partys! toady wtf?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

There is a very simple fix.  Undesignate every meeting hall you designated from a statue, table, cage or chain.  Designate a meeting zone (using the 'i' menu) instead.  I guarantee, no more parties.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:27:00 pm »

Or just do it the fun way and flood the party room. With magma.

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dame de la Licorne:
<STRONG>There is a very simple fix.  Undesignate every meeting hall you designated from a statue, table, cage or chain.  Designate a meeting zone (using the 'i' menu) instead.  I guarantee, no more parties.</STRONG>

Yeah thats what i have to do. That is what i do, i have one meeting hall next to the lever room  :(

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 05:45:00 am »

This is not a bug. Stop making thse whiny agressive posts.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 05:52:00 am »

Just publicly exicute the fellow thats starting the partys... I suggest droping him in a walled in 1x1 room made of glass with a floor tile above him held up by a support thats linked to the lever..pull the lever down goes the floor tile, crushing the fellow, dwaranly
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:35:00 am »

I've noticed an excessive amount of parties as well. There is ALWAYS a party going on in my fort, with the largest gap between parties being 10 days.

The fortress had a population of 9 for the longest time, and typically 3-7 people would attend these parties.

Yes, parties are part of the game, but in small population forts (such as Måmgoztilat), the parties can be fortress destroying, with no option to just "Kill the Partymaker" since that kills precious population. Likewise, ending the parties in that kind of fortress could be destructive too, since it is the main way to get dwarves to meet each other.

I'd like to know why they are partying, and perhaps have time limits imposed on every party. One of my parties has gone almost as long as a caravan was there.
Re:Mėshosdeduk, 1055, Mid-Spring, 15th Slate

I haven't put any parties in this story besides those that add flavor because otherwise I would have to do it in a format "No Parties are going on right now", since that is the rare event.

AND... Parties aren't a happy thought for dwarves anyway. This certainly implies that they aren't that great of a thing.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!