Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making wood into a different wood  (Read 2207 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making wood into a different wood
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:49 pm »

[STOCKPILE_GLOB] and [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB] should help. If all else fails, try basing the material definition on the tallow template rather than the meat one, but I'd think those tags are what makes tallow globs stable and stockpilable. But why not just use PLANT instead of GLOB? That works for the apple ents in My Little Fortress, they get sheared for baskets made of a plant material and then those get turned into five apples using this reaction:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PONY_PROCESS_APPLE_ENT_APPLES]
[NAME:Clean Apples]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BASKET_CLEAN]
[PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:BASKET_CLEAN]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
[AUTOMATIC]

Also, your reaction should have [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:WOODMEAL] on the reagent line. I know you've got that entry in every wood, but it's good to have a failsafe. Obviously you still have to specify the reagent, since you don't want your termites to grab wooden shields or woodcrafts, though it might be an idea to have a reaction like that for emergencies.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Making wood into a different wood
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

I don't want it to be a plant because I want to encourage wood processing by making the termites carnivorous.  Also, when I put the [HAS_MATERIAL REACTION PRODUCT] like into the regent, it fails to recognize wood as being available for the reaction.

I'm dropping the "glob" idea, I think, because using meat gets me a lot closer to where I need to be--at least they eat it.  I'm also thinking that the best way to get labeled, stockpilable meat might be to drop the woodmeal thing entirely and try to have the reaction spit out meat from a specially created, biome-less creature.  So far I haven't gotten it to work, but it should be pretty easy, right?  Right..?

edit: finally got it, thanks for everything guys
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:41:30 pm by nil »
Pages: 1 [2]