Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 106486 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:52 pm »

Welcome to Roguelike Mafia, a game of dungeons and joyfully beating the crap out of each other!  This game is characterized more by the power-granting items you accumulate over the course of the game rather than the role you start with.  Come join in and let's have fun!

Standard Rules:

1. All votes must be in red.  Unvoting before voting again is not required, but appreciated.  You may vote for No Lynch.  In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.
   2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekend-spanning nights after 24 hours if all night actions are in.  Unless otherwise stated, days and nights end at 11 PM EST.
   3. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   4. Do not PM other players.  Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   5. Never quote any PM from the mod.  You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
   6. Please put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention. 
   7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold.  Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing, and are for 24 hours.  Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   8. Dead players may post one “bah post” to comment on their death, but it may not contain any relevant game information.  After that, dead men tell no tales, so please do not post.
   9. Please make an effort to post at least once daily.  If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded.  If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced.  If you think someone needs a prod, please bring it to my attention- I can’t guarantee I will notice everyone who is not posting.
  10. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

Game specific rules:

1. When the game goes into setup, I will lock the thread and send out your alignment.  Please reply to that with your selection of class from the list below.  If you do not reply in 24 hours, it will default to random.
   2. At game start, you will receive a random common item, unless your class dictates otherwise.
   3. There is a pool of public items.  This pool starts out containing four random items, at least one of which is guaranteed to be uncommon or better.  When a player dies, their items will go into this pool.  The contents of this pool are not known, but I will post a count of the items at day start.
   4. During the day, you will automatically quest for an item, and you will receive it at the end of the day after the lynch.  You may PM me during the day and opt to grab an item from the public item pool instead.  Certain classes have other choices they can make instead.  Note that if the pool is empty when your turn comes to check it, you get nothing!
   5. The odds for receiving an item are as follows:  65% common, 25% uncommon, 9% rare, 1% artifact.  Rarer items tend to have a greater effect.
   6. You may discard one item each night if you wish.  This effect happens at the end of the night and does not count as your night action.  The item goes into the public pool.
   7. Currently, there is no sharing or trading of items, even among mafia teams.

Class list:
Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Game related information and item list.  Spoiler alert- not needed to play game.  I will tell you what your items do- there is no identification.

Roguelike Mafia Discussion Thread

Roguelike Mafia 1
Roguelike Mafia 2

If you've played before, there are two new classes and several new items since the last run- check the discussion thread for details.

Players:
1. Darvi
2. Think0028  Jim Groovester
3. Mr.Person
4. Orangebottle
5. Dariush  Warrior
6. NUKE9.13  Mage
7. billybobfred Simple  Thief - Jewel Minion
8. Max White
9. Firelordsky Webadict  Merchant - Jewel Master
10. TolyK  Transmuter
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:57:06 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [0/9+]
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:18:45 pm »

In.

And if I end up town again I will freaking kill the RNG.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [0/9+]
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »

The RNG giveth, the RNG taketh away.  Mostly taketh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [1/9+]
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

Hmm, it seems tempting... But I'm already in two games, and IC for another. I'll watch and wait, see if I have the time.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:41:52 pm »

In!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 06:20:40 pm »

I think I have a stable enough access to a computer to in.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »

I'd make some pun about being in, but that's far too overused.

In.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [4/9+]
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 04:02:03 am »

In.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [4/9+]
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 04:03:08 am »

What? Never mind.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [5/9+]
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 08:43:03 am »

Hmm.

Haven't played Mafia in a year. Can't remember why I stopped. Welp, I have no shortage of time now, and a hankering to be killed N1 by my own thrice-redirected actions.

In

Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:51:44 am »

Welcome back!  I remember you finding me out in Supernatural 1.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »

Welcome back!  I remember you finding me out in Supernatural 1.
...oh yeah!
I totally got you there. Heh heh heh.
Shame I couldn't do anything about it.
Long Live United Forenia!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Sign up now! [6/9+]
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »

I really want to join this.

I'm not so sure I should, though.

... Ah, what the hell. in.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »

There is no should or should not be playing. There is only playing Mafia ALL THE TIME.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 08:16:59 pm »

Guess who just got out of a game? I'm here to kick ass and drink tea.
In.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36