Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 78343 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:26 am »

After reading the scumchat I can elaborate on the former.

FUCK YOU, GUYS. AND ESPECIALLY FUCK EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT NUKE'S BUDDYING AND DIDN'T LYNCH JIM AFTER HE LYNCHED ME. Aughhhhhhhh HOW COULDN'T YOU SEE THAT URIST WAS THE LEADER?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

P.S.: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2011, 06:58:25 am »

I'm quite proud of myself.  I think I did rather well.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 15, 2011, 07:36:37 am »

Yo, Dariush, if you had a problem with my blatant buddying, why didn't you point it out at the time? (ps lynching jim wouldn't have saved you)

Town... you suck. Seriously. I mean, I am great and all, but we won today by way of you... lurking.

We went from D1 obvscum Leader to D3 flawless victory. And who's got two thumbs and is to thank for this turn-around? That's right, this guy. Heh heh heh. That'll teach you to think I would be so incompetent as to defend my leader for no reason.

Also, Native, tying the vote would still have screwed you over. The only way for you to win was by lynching the cult leader. Who was pretty obvious. I mean, WIFOM aside, why else would I do what I did D2 but to save Urist? Seriously, if you read scumchat at the start of the day, its all us worrying about how Jim is going to survive 3 mislynches (after Urist and I have been killed).

Anyway.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 3 - Psilence [7/9]
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2011, 03:01:17 pm »

So, any game balance notes? Questions? Comments?

Game seems like it's too scum friendly. Not by much. Lylo with seven players, three scum, and only one lynch that can win the game, is hard.

I'd consider adding some sort of inspection role, so that the town knows who is and who isn't Cult, but not guaranteed to be in the game.

Fuck you, everyone. I totally knew that Urist was the leader. I TOLD YOU. I TOLD ALL OF FUCKING YOU. AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

Yeah, tell me about it.

Smart new scum like McArathos are always the easiest to catch because they make the same mistakes every game.

Day 1, man, I had it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »

To be fair, Town lost out on their jailer D1 (my bad), so there was a severely decreased likelihood of victory from then on.

I think that actually, things worked out pretty balanced. Three days to find the leader out gives town a 37.25% chance of hitting the leader at random, and if you hit both cultists that gives you an extra day, and there's the jailer and his powers. Adding some town skill to that probably brings it up to round about 50/50. It might be slightly in favour of scum, but not so much as to ruin the game- and there are too many games that are in favour of town, anyway.

I would be in favour of this being run again, same set-up.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2011, 03:22:29 pm »

I'd like to apologize again to Think, in case nobody noticed the edited post.

Also, I'd totally play this if it were run again. I need to practice my cult(aka non-existent) play.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

No worries! Water under the bridge now. I'll run this again soonish, but first I will probably end up running the next BM.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2011, 03:19:05 am »

I think this needs more roles.

And everyone who didn't vote Urist D3 and wasn't scum must be banned from it.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2011, 03:58:45 am »

Agreed on roles,  but it'll be delicate to balance. I'm gonna hash out some numbers first.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2011, 08:43:11 am »

I think you should run this again with the same setup before adding new roles. Get a better feel for how the game goes, and what roles it would benefit from.

Also, Dariush, stop being sore. Boo hoo hoo maybe you should have done something about it instead of trying to SHORTEN THE DAY, NUMBNUTS.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2011, 08:51:53 am »

Also, Dariush, stop being sore. Boo hoo hoo maybe you should have done something about it instead of trying to SHORTEN THE DAY, NUMBNUTS.
By then I resigned myself with the fate of being surrounded by idiots and became tired with scum dragging off it's own demise.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 16, 2011, 10:40:35 am »

By then I resigned myself with the fate of being surrounded by idiots and became tired with scum dragging off it's own demise.

Look, as aggravating as it was, you really weren't offering much in the way of convincing arguments.  You really need to do more than just shout "This guy is scummy!" to get anyone to agree.  Besides, as pointed out, I wasn't dragging out my demise.  You should have watched the votes more carefully (you seem to miss a lot of details in your play).  I was trying to look town by asking for more time to hunt for scum; thank God for your annoyed oppose, because I don't think I would have survived the weekend.

You were right, but none of the town players believed you.  Hell, if you hadn't been a confirmed non-leader you might have got yourself killed.  It's just constructive criticism.

Not to rag on him, but Powder Miner being absent REALLY hurt the town, in my opinion.  It was one less set of eyes to watch out and help hunt.  Had he been a power role, it would have been a nightmare.  I agree some more possible town roles would be helpful, but overall I think it's fairly balanced.  After all, I was VERY close to being lynched Day 2, let's not forget that.  NUKE pulled an incredible gambit and I worked hard not to fuck with it.  If we hadn't managed to carefully evade suspicion of being a team, the game would have been VERY different indeed.

LYLO still comes after two days of mislynches (as in standard Mafia), but I agree it's much harder since only ONE player can be lynched to make it to the next day.  However, unlike standard LYLO, without the cult leader the game swings heavily into Town's favor (four town, two cult who have no night actions, and must mislynch twice to win).  With a town power role, like an inspect, still in play after LYLO, those odds become really, really cushy for town.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 16, 2011, 11:29:47 am »

Well, crap.  If I hadn't got mislead on the Native case, it might have gone another way.  I just couldn't see Urist as the leader for some reason.

Dariush, straight up?  I thought you had been converted N2 and were obvscumming it up to be a big barrel of wine.  Just pointing at someone and screaming "It's him, guys!  Just look at him!" isn't going to convince anyone.

Also, I'm tired of cults.  Sorry town!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 16, 2011, 12:07:55 pm »

Just pointing at someone and screaming "It's him, guys!  Just look at him!" isn't going to convince anyone.
I felt the absolute, utter certainty that Urist was the leader on D1 when I posted my 'too townie' case. Town WOULDN'T back off it's case like Urist did. It still baffles me how nobody could see it. I screamed 'it's him!' only after my replacement, when I became tired of everyone's blindless.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]