Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 107945 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:54 pm »

So why are you voting him if that only distracts "people"( who exactly?) from scumhunting ? That sounds like you don't believe attacking him is good idea. Unless your vote and attack are not about scumhunting.
[/quote]
You misread those posts entirely. I said that he is distracting others from their hunting, and I am trying to remove him because that is incredibly anti-town. From here onward, all Max, Person, and I are posting is "NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE" and maybe a bit of defense here and there.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2011, 11:00:04 am »

So why are you voting him if that only distracts "people"( who exactly?) from scumhunting ? That sounds like you don't believe attacking him is good idea. Unless your vote and attack are not about scumhunting.
You misread those posts entirely. I said that he is distracting others from their hunting, and I am trying to remove him because that is incredibly anti-town. From here onward, all Max, Person, and I are posting is "NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE" and maybe a bit of defense here and there.
What.
So I have to be lynched because you decided to tunnel me? Look, guy, you aren't incompetent. If you wanted to hunt others, you could've. You apparently thought I was scummy enough to divert all your attention to. I respectfully disagree, but w/ever. But whatever you think, don't blame your tunnelling on me- you started it, my friend. The first post of that back and forth was not the one you listed, oh no. It's back a few. Right here.

That aside, I still don't think you can blame your focus on me on me. The issue was not so much that I posted too much as that others posted too little. Now, Think has just dropped out, but before that he wasn't exactly mister active. TolyK had little to say also, and even with webadict chasing him has still remained fairly quiet. Darvi is performing textbook activelurking, with narry a post of real content to be found, and Simple is just being infuriatingly reasonable (not quiet active lurking, not quiet active). Also, whoever webadict replaced, and of course Dariush, who has even from an objective standpoint been contributing less than he should have. This is everyone except for the people you mentioned. So the fact that we four spent a page-and-a-half talking to only each other should not be surprising, and is certainly not my fault.

Allow me:
This does not help in the slightness. Not only does this look like a form of buddying, but he is intercepting questions. You don't do that. If he was town, why wasn't he on the edge of he's seat to hear my reasoning and see if I made any mistakes? This is question tampering to buddy up to the people attacking him.
Nope. Being helpful is not a scumtell, that is ridiculous. Simple didn't ask for something I could fake, he asked for a reminder of things you had said earlier. That he didn't look them up himself is a sign he wasn't really that interested in it, but I am, and want him to be. So I quoted the answer for him. I described yours because there wasn't one quote which neatly described your entire argument.
And I don't buddy. And even if I did, why would I try to buddy you; you've been attacking me for all but the entire game, why would you stop now just because I saved you five minutes?
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:
Dariush:  Mr.Person, NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush, Think0028, Max White
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict, Simple

Not Voting:  TolyK, Darvi

Day 1 will last until Friday 9/2 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

dammit.
i'm trying to read through this thread, but school started for me and...  :(
I have saved my post so far, it's not ready yet.
and no, i actually have an opinion there  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »

But whatever you think, don't blame your tunnelling on me- you started it, my friend. The first post of that back and forth was not the one you listed, oh no. It's back a few. Right here.
Um. Nope. You are wrong.

i'm trying to read through this thread, but school started for me and...  :(
Hey.
Hey guess what.
School started for me two weeks ago.
Stop using it as an excuse.
and no, i actually have an opinion there  :P
Okay. You have an opinion. What is it?
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Before anybody even thinks about it, yes I will answer Webadict's WoT. In a little bit, I don't really have time at the moment. Later today.
I'm sort of getting tired of people promising to be active, but never doing it. Don't tell me your going to do something, just do something.
This goes for everybody, in every game, ever. Too many people saying they will be active, rather than being active.

If you can't post, then why are you posting to say you can't post?

Nope. Being helpful is not a scumtell, that is ridiculous. Simple didn't ask for something I could fake, he asked for a reminder of things you had said earlier. That he didn't look them up himself is a sign he wasn't really that interested in it, but I am, and want him to be. So I quoted the answer for him. I described yours because there wasn't one quote which neatly described your entire argument.
And I don't buddy. And even if I did, why would I try to buddy you; you've been attacking me for all but the entire game, why would you stop now just because I saved you five minutes?
I see.
With this in mind, what is your opinion of Simple regarding that specific question?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

But whatever you think, don't blame your tunnelling on me- you started it, my friend. The first post of that back and forth was not the one you listed, oh no. It's back a few. Right here.
Um. Nope. You are wrong.
See now, that's even further back than the last post you listed. Make up your mind, chap!

Now, I understand why you say that. I see the confusion. That is the post where I start attacking you, yes. But that is not the start of the NUKE NUKE NUKE thing you had going on; that starts with your post. In that post you chose not to react to anything except for me and my actions, and not to question anyone else or their actions. And that caused me to react to you, which made you react to me- my first post did not call for such a reaction.
Look, guy, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's fine. I'd just rather you didn't blame it on me.

I see.
With this in mind, what is your opinion of Simple regarding that specific question?
Uh.
Well, my opinion of Simple regarding that specific question is not very interesting. He clearly wants to (appear to) figure out why folks think I should be lynched. From the neutral phrasing of the question I'd say his opinion of me is not particularly strong, and is looking for advice what to look into when forming this opinion, which could be considered scummy (a prelude to bandwagoning), but I wouldn't consider it enough to call him out on. Also, as what he is looking for could be found with a little effort (especially in Think's case, what with having four, five posts?), it indicates that he isn't really focussed on that topic, which could indicate a general disinterest in scumhunting because he knows that anything not focussed on him or his scumbuddies is wrong, or a general disinterest stemming from being town and a bit lost. In other words, not very interesting. I lean towards the latter mostly because the chance of any random person being scum is lower than them being town.
In summary: not very interesting. It's just a question.

Taking into account the line immediately preceding the question changes things a little. "Idiotic rage lynching" suggests that his assumption is that your reasons will be fallacious or non-existent. This suggests that he is probably town, as the average scum player has little reason to try to save a townie. From the fact that he doesn't bother looking up your opinions himself, I surmise that whilst he doesn't want to see me lynched, he also doesn't have the guts to actually play the game at an active level. This could also mean that his calling it idiotic rage lynching is reverse bussing (there must be some word for that) in that he is pretending to be opposed to my lynch whilst not actually doing anything about it. However, I go with the simpler explanation that he is just a less active player.

In summary: Probably a nervous, slightly bored townie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Before anybody even thinks about it, yes I will answer Webadict's WoT. In a little bit, I don't really have time at the moment. Later today.
I'm sort of getting tired of people promising to be active, but never doing it. Don't tell me your going to do something, just do something.
This goes for everybody, in every game, ever. Too many people saying they will be active, rather than being active.

He's doing this on purpose, to somehow prove doing nothing is scummy, though, I am actually just waiting for him to be modkilled, as that works for me. Even better is asking for a prod on Mr.Person. I don't care if it's been only a day or so. If he wants to prove a point, he needs to use words. Like a big boy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Prods have been issued where needed.  Per rules, that's 36 hours (non-weekend) of inactivity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Shucks. Only 9 more hours to go.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Think. I see you posted in Witches' Coven. Care to join us, perhaps with a reason as to why you're posting there and not here as well? Are you purposefully avoiding the thread so you can glide along on a NUKE lynch?

He's doing this on purpose, to somehow prove doing nothing is scummy, though, I am actually just waiting for him to be modkilled, as that works for me. Even better is asking for a prod on Mr.Person. I don't care if it's been only a day or so. If he wants to prove a point, he needs to use words. Like a big boy.
I've seen little pointing to Mr. Person being scum. Why do you want him out so badly, Wuba?

Um. Nope. You are wrong.
See now, that's even further back than the last post you listed. Make up your mind, chap!

Now, I understand why you say that. I see the confusion. That is the post where I start attacking you, yes. But that is not the start of the NUKE NUKE NUKE thing you had going on; that starts with your post. In that post you chose not to react to anything except for me and my actions, and not to question anyone else or their actions. And that caused me to react to you, which made you react to me- my first post did not call for such a reaction.
Look, guy, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It's fine. I'd just rather you didn't blame it on me.
See, from my point of view, your first post called for a reaction. I provided, then you reacted in turn, and so on. Of course, I can be guilty of severe tunnel vision at times (see: ending of BMXXII). However, I still think you're scum, and I am going to keep attributing this to you. Another reason I found for voting you? You condemned RVS and then used someone else's RVS questions to vote for me.
My Sig

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2011, 12:34:04 am »

As promised, here's that WoT.

I never said it was a townie thing to do. I said it was a weak reason to vote for someone and that you could come up with much better. If you're going to try and convince people to vote for Dariush, then you're not doing it right, as I remain unconvinced. I mean, really? Am I supposed to care that he's not answering your questions? What if your questions are stupid? All I have to base your vote off of is that he's not answering your questions. To that I say, "Why does that matter to me?"

So, yes. Your reasoning is weak. It matters nothing to me. I expect more from you.

It's enough for me. Good thing my primary interest in life isn't convincing you to do as I so. Not that I'm not trying to change your vote, I'm just way more interested in figuring out your alignment. So I'm fine with you not being convinced.

So you agree that Dariush's behavior isn't that of a townie, yet you claim you're not convinced. Ok. So you agree that active lurking is scummy, yes? Good. Active lurking is an attempt to avoid answering questions and generally look useful. You also agree that Dariush is avoiding answering my questions. So how is Dariush's behavior better (less scummy) than TolyK's? I'm talking purely about Dariush's refusal to give me a straight answer, not Dariush's original reasoning. I'm trying to figure out your reasoning here and I'm not seeing it.
Err, that's a bit of an overexaggeration there. One particular part didn't seem like what an average townie would do. That does not mean that: 1) Dariush does townie things as a townie, 2) doing a few non-town things makes you non-town, or 3) I advocate for the continuation of such behavior.

As for why TolyK is more scummy than Dariush, there are several prominent reasons. The first is that TolyK is active-lurking far worse than Dariush, who is simply being stubborn about stupid things. TolyK made a note to show he was following his promise to post, and did so by posting details with no analyzing done. Dariush, on the other hand, is doing things in a roundabout stupid way. The second is that TolyK has since refused to vote for anyone, going even so far as to make sure his only vote was unvoted with the reasoning of it being a randomvote. Dariush has voted for someone. TolyK isn't even trying to come up with a vote. And the third is a continued lurking by TolyK despite being called out for several things. Dariush is at least attempting to fight back.

Also, I don't like NUKE's reasoning very much on Dariush, which has caused a negative reaction in me for Dariush's lynch. And I'm pretty sure TolyK is just waiting for someone to pounce on me in order to bandwagon.

And it really IS your job to convince people. See, if you don't convince people you're right, you won't get something done.

It is sort of like a dogsled. If there is no one leading them, they'll go nowhere. If they go in a bunch of different directions, they'll go nowhere. If you get a majority of them to go one way, then you start moving in that direction. So, yes. Your job is to convince me or listen to me, and my job is to convince you and to show you why I think your opinion is wrong.

1) He should be. I'm going to be generous here, but doing anti-town things is not acceptable since that's what the scum does. By definition. If we don't lynch Dariush for doing anti-town things, when do we lynch him? When he does pro-town things? That's stupid. Why
2) Then what does? Why is it that when Dariush does scummy things you call him a townie?
3) So what's your plan to get him to stop? Doing nothing is obviously not going to work. Barring him from future games is heavy handed and won't change the behavior, although it does get rid of the problem. Talking hasn't worked. I'm not saying we should lynch Dariush to teach him a lesson, I'm saying we should lynch Dariush for acting scummy and IF he's just a terrible townie, he'll learn a lesson.

See, those are all reasonable points. I knew you'd come up with them given enough time. Now I want you to look at Dariush's more recent posts. Look at how much content and activity there is (or isn't). You don't even have to respond, I just want you to focus on it for a little bit.

That's not a very good reason to ignore MY argument, but ok, whatever. And of course now that you've said it, TolyK isn't going to do it. Which actually might be a good thing, all things considered. Wait, why do you care if TolyK OMGUS's you?

Well I never said it wasn't my job to get the scum lynched, I'm saying I'm still scumhunting. I've tried doing both in the past, it doesn't work well. To extend out your dogsled simile, I could lead the sled, but it's difficult to lead and get to know them at the same time. It's much easier to learn about the other dogs while they're doing what they do rather than just running. Granted, I've been spending a LOT of my time with one dog (you!), but that's fine. It's not like there's a lack of good lynch targets.

I can try convincing you all I want, but after a certain point it's not worth the time. I could convince half the rest of the town before you change your vote. Hell, the only reason I'm even trying now is mostly so I can figure you out. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out why you think Dariush is town. Not somewhat scummy, not even neutral, you've not said ONCE why you think he's town. You also say you're trying to convince me why I'm wrong, but not once have you even tried to justify why Dariush's behavior is lynch worthy.

@Mr.Person: If you're going to be an idiot, then I'll treat you like one.

1. I NEVER SAID it was okay not to respond to WoTs. I said I believe Dariush is town. That doesn't make it okay not to answer things, and I won't feel bad if he continues to do it and gets lynched. But I won't be voting for him, because I don't think he's scum.
2. What is your problem? Seriously, you're putting words into my mouth. It's not cool. And you've continually done it for a while.
3. If I'm advocating not answering, then you're advocating activelurking, sidelining, and passiveness.
4. Stop policy lynching as an excuse to not scumhunt.

1. But the behavior is anti-town. Why would a townie perform anti-town behavior? This isn't even Dariush's meta, unless you can bring up a game where Dariush did this exact behavior. Being stupid in general doesn't count since this is new ground. You can try to infer what Dariush might do (in fact, if you can, please try), but it's not the same.
2. You've said that anti-town players should be lynched. I REMEMBER you saying that in old Paranormals. I'm trying to figure out why you think Dariush's behavior is town behavior. It's scummy behavior and you keep saying it's not. To be honest, you're confusing the fuck out of me.
3. Not really. TolyK is pretty scummy too. I just think refusing to answer questions is scummier than not asking any since the former is actively scummy while the latter is passive scumminess. This might shock you, but you have made a good case on TolyK. I just can't figure out why you think my case on Dariush is terribad.
4. So lynching people for doing scummy things is a policy lynch? Yes, I have a policy of lynching scummy people, but that's not what you're talking about, is it?

Do you believe you have Dariush's alignment?

I wouldn't be voting this far past RVS if I didn't. Yes, he's scum.

Congratulations. Are you done? Um... let me guess... you're still going to throw a temper tantrum? Go ahead and smash your head on the floor. I literally could care less.

You've done nothing to try and prove Dariush is scummier than TolyK, and I have shown in many ways why TolyK is a better lynch, and your response has been to act like a child.

Why so uncharacteristically insane, Mr.Person?

No, I don't generally throw temper tantrums in mafia. I don't think you do either, but I dunno lol.

I can't prove you wrong about Dariush being scummier until you explain why you don't think he's scummy. But in any case, the whole point of this has never been to convince you to vote Dariush, it's been to figure out why you're not voting Dariush and instead voting TolyK. So excuse me if I'm not bringing in reasons til the cows come home because I was under the impression you would be all over Dariush's shit for his shit. You've shown pretty well why TolyK is scummy, sure, but you've not once shown why Dariush isn't scummy.

If you're talking about why I did what I'm accusing Dariush of doing that's scummy (not answering questions as a tactic), I did it, well, to see what you'd do. I couldn't say right then I would answer because that of made it less "real" in a sense. Mostly though, I just wanted to show you that this is the bullshit Dariush has done. I wanted you to see for yourself what this bullshit is. Hell, look at how pissed off you are at ME for doing this behavior. Now why aren't you exactly as pissed at Dariush for doing this, not answering the questions afterward, and not even apologizing for it?

Which reminds me, sorry I had to do that, Webadict. If I didn't think it would reveal your alignment (and if you were easier to read, but that's my fault too), I wouldn't of even thought about it.

I just want to point out that while I can't speak for you or Max, I've been doing a fairly good job of ignoring NUKE and spending all my time and energy on Webadict and a little bit for Dariush.

I didn't want Webadict or anybody else to think I wasn't going to answer his questions. I also had maybe a minute before I had to go. I thought I would get a chance to post later in the day. Sadly, I didn't, but I can't exactly predict the future with certainty. But that's ok, I'm still within the 34 posting rules and have been keeping pretty active. If you disagree, well, all you have to do is say so. All that being said, I can understand if you're pissed about this. I know I would be. I just want to remind you that I've been posting pretty frequently outside of this one occurance.

...This suggests that he is probably town, as the average scum player has little reason to try to save a townie. From the fact that he doesn't bother looking up your opinions himself, I surmise that whilst he doesn't want to see me lynched, he also doesn't have the guts to actually play the game at an active level. This could also mean that his calling it idiotic rage lynching is reverse bussing (there must be some word for that) in that he is pretending to be opposed to my lynch whilst not actually doing anything about it. However, I go with the simpler explanation that he is just a less active player.

What? It's quite common for scum to weakly oppose a townie's lynch. Afterwards they can say "Ha ha, I was right and you were wrong!". It's an attempt to buy points with the town. Or generally be useless since the lynch is already away from other scum. In fact, I find it weird that you say the guy defending you is probably town since you actively point out how passive and stupid the defense is. So why exactly do you think Simple and somebody else aren't simply riding your lynch into passive-land?

Riiiight. And what evidence do you have I'm not here on purpose? I want you to think about this. Why would I disappear like that? If I was scum, that would be really, really stupid. Now I want you to look at the timestamps of my post. I'll be generous, let's go ahead and say my "more later" post doesn't count. I posted on the 31st at about 1:30pm. You demanded a prod for me at 9pm on the 1st. That's about 34 hours right there. A prod, that's just barely under the mod's time limit. I can see why you might call for one preemputively. A modkill? lolno. Remember, that's ignoring my "more later" post. If Toaster doesn't, I still have another 5 hours or so. And by the way, I haven't gotten a prod. So you're full of hot air.

You need to calm the fuck down and realize the world doesn't revolve around you and/or the mafia game(s) you're in. Sometimes, real life gets between silly internet games. Sorry if that pisses you off, but I don't give a shit if you're gettin' mad because I sometimes can't wait on you hand and foot.

Shucks. Only 9 more hours to go.
And what exactly are you getting done in those 9 hours?

Fair warning, I probably won't be able to get back on before the day ends. Sorry, friends.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2011, 01:33:51 am »

I wouldn't be voting this far past RVS if I didn't. Yes, he's scum.
If you feel you have an accurate read, why do you not feel obliged to convince others of this?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Think. I see you posted in Witches' Coven. Care to join us, perhaps with a reason as to why you're posting there and not here as well? Are you purposefully avoiding the thread so you can glide along on a NUKE lynch?
Guy says he's busy, the guy is busy. You take his word for it, and move on.
See, from my point of view, your first post called for a reaction. I provided, then you reacted in turn, and so on. Of course, I can be guilty of severe tunnel vision at times (see: ending of BMXXII). However, I still think you're scum, and I am going to keep attributing this to you. Another reason I found for voting you? You condemned RVS and then used someone else's RVS questions to vote for me.
You think it called for a response. Yes, it did. I do not think it called for a complete tunnelling, certainly not to the degree where subsequent tunnelling can be blamed on me.
Also, the whole RVSuseless/usingRVS thing? Yeah, we've been over that, I think. It was on purpose. Hence me calling it hypocrisy in the very post. I was hoping for you to use it for the basis of a roaring raging OMGUS. Unfortunately, all I got was a calm and reasoned "how can you think I'm scum you must be scum yourself".

Mr.Person: I acknowledged that possibility. I just said I considered it the less likely of the two possibilities. Certainly Simple should not gain any town cred for doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36