Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 107855 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Signups closed! Game in setup.
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »

That's it- setup closed.  I'll be setting up the game shortly- get ready to pick a class!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:14 am »

Inb4daystart

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 10:23:52 am »

In ages past, the Emperor of Folan commissioned the creation of a beautiful jewel piece to celebrate the twentieth year of his rule.  The most famous jewelers of the land came together to work on this masterpiece, each wanting to be the one to earn the favor of the Emperor.  They all toiled for two months, each coming up with their magnum opus to present to the Emperor.  On the day before the anniversary, they all presented their work.

The Emperor hated them all, and sent them away.

Most believe that Galki, the demon trickster, had influenced him to reject their work, for an unknown crafter’s work was selected later that day, and was presented at the celebration.  From that day forward, the rule of the Emperor became more twisted and evil.  Eventually, the nobles of the land rose up and overthrew him, slaying the Emperor.  A demon hunter, convinced of the evil of the Emperor’s Jewel, wished to destroy the gem, thinking it was used to twist his mind... but it could not be found.

The Emperor’s Jewel became a fable- a legend of a powerful treasure with the ability to control the minds of others.  There have been recent rumors of it resting at the bottom of a cavern system.  You adventurers came together to track down the Jewel and destroy it.

After two days of exploration, an open cavern with a pedestal at the bottom.  There is a setting at the bottom where it must rest... but the jewel is not there!  There is only a scroll, with this message:

“I have taken the Jewel, and hidden it!  Some member or members of your group might know something- ask them!  Ha ha!”

It is signed with a demonic rune.

As you read the scroll, a strange urge strikes you.  Clearly, the best way to find the Jewel is to vote one member of the party to die each day until you figure out exactly what has happened!  Hopefully, nothing will happen in the night to influence this...

Can you destroy the Emperor’s Jewel before its evil power consumes you all?

Day 1 has begun!

Day 1 will last until Tuesday 8/30 at 11 PM EST.

There are 4 items in the public pool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:52 am »

Dariush has been modslapped!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 12:43:53 pm »

Tolyk:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Billybobfred: What common item would us think is most useful for you?
Firelordsky: Any mafia experience? I don't think I have seen you before. Like, ever.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »

AHAHAHAHA
Thief, since thieves might help "town" by taking "mafia" items. But I don't really know, since the classes seem to potentially counteract each other in various ways... It kinda boils down to what classes scum has.
well Orangebottle i havent seen you play before. What item should town be most afraid of getting into scum's hands?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 02:26:12 pm »

Thief, since thieves might help "town" by taking "mafia" items. But I don't really know, since the classes seem to potentially counteract each other in various ways... It kinda boils down to what classes scum has.
TolyK, that is ridiculous. That only works if you know who the mafia is, which, I hasten to remind you, the town does not. Clearly Priests and Paladins are the most directly harmful to the Mafia.

Clearly you are scum for not realising this. Hence also the evil laughter.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 03:36:03 pm »

Hey Dariush, why were you modslapped? Was it because you're SCUM?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »

Or, perhaps, because he isn't playing?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 03:50:41 pm »

Dariush: Sup! Fast enough to be in before the day1 post, but not fast enough to ask questions yet?
Firelordsky: Hello! Easy question for you. Who are you? Have you played here before, was it long ago and you took a break? Are you all new? Tell me a little about your mafia history.
Orangebottle: Hello! Good to see you in a league game. So, do you think items will have a positive or negative effect for the town?
NUKE9.13: Normally docs can use a protect every night, but ours are limited to a number of shots. Should they be conservative and only protect when they have a strong feeling somebody is town, or should they do everything they can to stop an nk?

Hey look, I was ninja'd.
*Checks the front page*
No, he is playing.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2011, 04:14:20 pm »

Max: Who here would you want most as your scumpartner?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

Either TolyK or yourself, or maybe Darvi. I guess it would be good to have somebody who is both good at scum hunting and not getting lynched, so mostly TolyK I guess.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2011, 05:01:34 pm »

*Checks the front page*
No, he is playing.
Dammit. Its just such a generic name, it blends in with the others.
Also, even one-shot docs are powerful in small games. They should wait until they think someone is going to get NK'd.

Also, guys.

Guys.

Seriously.

Can we, once, just for me, not do this ridiculous day-long RVS thing you got going on all up ins? It isn't necessary, it doesn't help, and it just makes the important stuff harder to find. One random question each, followed by bullshit accusations, followed by reads. Thats how it used to go. Back in the good old days. When the votes were orange and half the game was played with PMs, editing was allowed, and adding a SK to a game was considered a challenging new direction. When webadict was just some guy, and pandarsenic didn't have midterms twice a week. When nobody had heard of defenstration and slashfic was a thing japanese people did in the privacy of their own homes.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Not one of you punk kids knows about those good old days.

PARANORMAL 1 IS LESS THAN 200 POSTS LONG

THE AVERAGE RVS LASTS LONGER THAN THAT NOW

I vote for All Of You Punk Kids for Ruining Mafia Forever

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 06:31:58 pm »

@Nuke: No.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »

Oh sorry, is that your lawn here?

Tolyk: So you think that taking a random item, the most dangerous of which cannot even be stolen, would hurt scum the most?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36