Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 107920 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »

Nah I'm just yanking your chain Nuke, but honestly I think I've been pretty good about keeping my RVS short. So I'll try to keep it shorter...er... than normal.

In any case, Nuke, FoS for you for not actually contributing in RVS.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:16 pm »

well Orangebottle i havent seen you play before. What item should town be most afraid of getting into scum's hands?
Definitely the Scroll of Hellfire, which kills your target, your target's target, and anyone targeting your target.

Orangebottle: Hello! Good to see you in a league game. So, do you think items will have a positive or negative effect for the town?
It really depends on the item, but most end up being less useful to the Town due to the limited number of shots. So, negative.

Now that that's done with...

Mr. Person: You are such a hypocrite. Your question to Dariush doesn't actually contribute to RVS either. Which Rare item would be the best to have as Town?

NUKE9.13:What's with the pointless rant? If you had enough time to type that up, you had enough time to do some RVS as well. If you had a Magic Lamp, what item would you pick?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:19 pm »

Hmm, so you believe that the town would be better off if there were no items, just leaving scum to get in there night kill with no way to block, or protect, or inspect, or anything of that nature?

Also, what makes Mr. Person's random question less valid than any other question?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 08:24:33 pm »

Mr. Person: You are such a hypocrite. Your question to Dariush doesn't actually contribute to RVS either. Which Rare item would be the best to have as Town?

Bullshit, my question has the same amount of validity as any other RVS question. Which is to say it has no validity, but that's the whole point.

Beggers can't really be choosers so any rare is good. Without looking, I'd say offhand that a staff of inspection would be good, although there's a rare item that turns the holder into a Super Saint. Jeez, I mentioned it by name in the discussion thread... Oh well, it's not important. If you look through the list, it's near the top.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »

Much as I hate to request a replacement at the very beginning of a game, stuff has come up without warning and I won't be on the intertubes as much (if at all) for quite a while. Sorry.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »

Sorry to hear that, but it happens.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile

The reason i was afraid to join was because I was new  :-\
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Funny... We just happen to need another replace over at the beginner's game.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile

I'll leave.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hey now, you can be in two games at once.  I (and others) have played in up to four at once.  (I don't recommend that.)

You're more than welcome to play in this one- I sure hope you do stick it out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I'll leave.
What? No! Stay, enjoy! Trial by fire is a great way to learn!
You can sign up for several games, and if you don't want to, your more than welcome to stay here. No point filling an empty spot in another game, if you will make one here.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile

Oh ok

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 09:39:23 pm »

Bullshit, my question has the same amount of validity as any other RVS question. Which is to say it has no validity, but that's the whole point.
Also, what makes Mr. Person's random question less valid than any other question?

The answer is so blatantly obvious that it doesn't make sense to ask it in the first place.
Question:
Hey Dariush, why were you modslapped? Was it because you're SCUM?
Answer:
Inb4daystart

The answer will show little to nothing about the person's strategy, and will be some variant of "Because I posted before the day opener. No, I'm not scum." It is an entirely useless question.

Hmm, so you believe that the town would be better off if there were no items, just leaving scum to get in there night kill with no way to block, or protect, or inspect, or anything of that nature?
I said they had a negative impact, not that they should be removed entirely. There's also the point of claims of use are easily faked, due to the item list being right there in the OP.

Firelordsky, you should probably read a few things if you're new. Specifically:
This link leads to a thread that has an archive of every completed Beginner's Mafia game. You should read the first post of one of the more recent ones. There are also several other links in the above thread, like the Mafia tutorial.
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So you think that something that has a negative effect on town still has a positive effect on your game enough that you would prefer to have them in?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you think that something that has a negative effect on town still has a positive effect on your game enough that you would prefer to have them in?
...No. I'm not falling for that obvious trap. I guess I'm going to have to get a little more specific here:

The majority of the items are things that greatly benefit the mafia, whether granting them an extra kill, destroying all of their target's items, or generally confusing everything. This benefits them greatly because they know who their enemies are. Stuff like the Wand of Polymorph, Wand of Invisibility, Scroll of Ill Will, Scroll of Self Defense - These items have a negative effect on the town because a townie using them might be hitting another townie with them. With scum, they know who will/won't be targeting them, who isn't one of their friends. They can easily use that Scroll of Ill Will on a random townie and benefit from it, whereas a townie using it may end up killing the other townie.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36