Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 106513 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »

EBWODP:
Bullshit, my question has the same amount of validity as any other RVS question. Which is to say it has no validity, but that's the whole point.
Also, what makes Mr. Person's random question less valid than any other question?

The answer is so blatantly obvious that it doesn't make sense to ask it in the first place.
Question:
Hey Dariush, why were you modslapped? Was it because you're SCUM?
Answer:
Inb4daystart

The answer will show little to nothing about the person's strategy, and will be some variant of "Because I posted before the day opener. No, I'm not scum." It is an entirely useless question.
So why was it asked, Mr. Person?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

...No. I'm not falling for that obvious trap.
Are you worried about traps then? Seeing traps in questions, perhaps?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...No. I'm not falling for that obvious trap.
Are you worried about traps then? Seeing traps in questions, perhaps?

No, I just spotted you trying to make me look like scum by making the worst of what I say. Looking for an easy lynch, scum?
My Sig

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2011, 12:29:56 am »

To see how exactly Dariush answers the question. Does he answer matter-of-factly? Does he answer with a question back? Does he deflect? I probably won't get any scumreads off of him or anything, but hey, you never know. Plus it sets a tone for today, which matters a lot for seeing changes in tone.

Of course, now that you've answered the question for him, it's now completely useless. Good job, Orangebottle. Is there any reason you decided to defend Dariush from the question I asked?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:46 am »

To see how exactly Dariush answers the question. Does he answer matter-of-factly? Does he answer with a question back? Does he deflect? I probably won't get any scumreads off of him or anything, but hey, you never know. Plus it sets a tone for today, which matters a lot for seeing changes in tone.

Of course, now that you've answered the question for him, it's now completely useless. Good job, Orangebottle. Is there any reason you decided to defend Dariush from the question I asked?
The answer was incredibly obvious, you'd have to have a negative IQ to get that question wrong. Not only that, but you proceeded to FoS someone for not actually contributing to RVS. Which is exactly what you were doing by asking that question.
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

No, I just spotted you trying to make me look like scum by making the worst of what I say. Looking for an easy lynch, scum?
Well, looking for a lynch of sorts, anyway, a scum one to be honest.
It isn't a matter of me trying to make you look like scum, but rather me doing everything I can to make you trip up and reveal your intentions. If you do something scummy, that is your fault.

And as soon as you realize you have said something that is incriminating, you back lack and accuse me of looking for an easy lynch. Could that be fault lines under pressure?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:40 am »

Thief, since thieves might help "town" by taking "mafia" items. But I don't really know, since the classes seem to potentially counteract each other in various ways... It kinda boils down to what classes scum has.
TolyK, that is ridiculous. That only works if you know who the mafia is, which, I hasten to remind you, the town does not. Clearly Priests and Paladins are the most directly harmful to the Mafia.

Clearly you are scum for not realising this. Hence also the evil laughter.
I feel I'm entitled to my own opinion. If the thief sees someone who's acting scummy they might want to reduce their "power" a bit.
But why exactly do Priests and Paladins hurt them the most?

Oh sorry, is that your lawn here?

Tolyk: So you think that taking a random item, the most dangerous of which cannot even be stolen, would hurt scum the most?
Not exactly true. The Scrolls of Hellfire and Genocide can be stolen (right?), plenty of rares that work with that as well. I think that if scum got their hands on some other artifact, that would suck for town already.
well Orangebottle i havent seen you play before. What item should town be most afraid of getting into scum's hands?
Definitely the Scroll of Hellfire, which kills your target, your target's target, and anyone targeting your target.
That's satisfactory, I guess. How about which item is more beneficial to town?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Your decent at mafia, aren't you TolyK? I thought you were one of the better players out there. Maybe not Jim or vector good, but in there with Darvi and Think at least.
Why would you think is that much better than yourself at scum then?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, looking for a lynch of sorts, anyway, a scum one to be honest.
It isn't a matter of me trying to make you look like scum, but rather me doing everything I can to make you trip up and reveal your intentions. If you do something scummy, that is your fault.

And as soon as you realize you have said something that is incriminating, you back lack and accuse me of looking for an easy lynch. Could that be fault lines under pressure?
Perhaps. Or perhaps it's a townie trying to get you off his back so he can hunt.
I'm going for the latter.

Because:

Hmm, so you believe that the town would be better off if there were no items, just leaving scum to get in there night kill with no way to block, or protect, or inspect, or anything of that nature?
That is not what I meant. At all. Though there is also another side to this: The scum have no way to block, protect, randomize, redirect, poison, change roles, get two kills in in one night...The list goes on a long way. It ends up being a town with a lynch and a mafia with a kill.

So you think that something that has a negative effect on town still has a positive effect on your game enough that you would prefer to have them in?
This is such a rigged question. There's no town answer to this one at all. If I go with "Yes", you go "Orange is scum because something that has a negative effect on the town has a positive effect on him. " If I call you out on it, you go the route we're on now. So yes, it is a trap.

That's satisfactory, I guess. How about which item is more beneficial to town?

Brooch of the Phoenix is a nice one, but that's an artifact. Pretty rare too. So either that or the Wand of Safe Travels. If you use it on the right person, not only can you protect them but you can also confirm their targets.

Darvi: In your opinion, what is the weakest artifact?
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

That is not what I meant. At all. Though there is also another side to this: The scum have no way to block, protect, randomize, redirect, poison, change roles, get two kills in in one night...The list goes on a long way. It ends up being a town with a lynch and a mafia with a kill.
So why didn't you say this before? Why wait until now to explain it that way, after we have been past that question and it lead here? Did you think about the question and answer honestly the first time, or did you just try and say what you thought a townie would say?

This is such a rigged question. There's no town answer to this one at all. If I go with "Yes", you go "Orange is scum because something that has a negative effect on the town has a positive effect on him. " If I call you out on it, you go the route we're on now. So yes, it is a trap.
And what if you say 'no'?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So why didn't you say this before? Why wait until now to explain it that way, after we have been past that question and it lead here? Did you think about the question and answer honestly the first time, or did you just try and say what you thought a townie would say?
Because I didn't think about it before? The first time I answered the question, I answered with instinct, which was a stupid mistake.
And what if you say 'no'?
If I say 'no', you go "Why didn't you answer my question, SCUM!?" and we get right back to this point in the conversation. Or, you find something else and continue as we are now.
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Because I didn't think about it before? The first time I answered the question, I answered with instinct, which was a stupid mistake.
So you didn't think carefully about what you were doing... hHw is that working out for you?
If I say 'no', you go "Why didn't you answer my question, SCUM!?" and we get right back to this point in the conversation. Or, you find something else and continue as we are now.
Answering no to a question is still giving an answer.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

*How is that working out for you?
I need to pay more attention to my spelling.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you didn't think carefully about what you were doing... how is that working out for you?
Terribly.
Answering no to a question is still giving an answer.
I thought you meant no as in 'no I won't answer the question.'

In this case, you go "Why are you contradicting yourself, SCUM!?"
So my question to you is: Why are you using a question that can only generate scumtells in RVS?
My Sig

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Terribly.
Really? You think things are that bad? There is one person voting for you, and not everybody has yet to show up, and you think your already giving off scumtells?

I thought you meant no as in 'no I won't answer the question.'

In this case, you go "Why are you contradicting yourself, SCUM!?"
So my question to you is: Why are you using a question that can only generate scumtells in RVS?
It is easy to answer these questions, and give a yes or no answer, without looking scummy. Bad things happen as soon as you panic though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36