Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 107350 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Darvi: Who do you think is right in the debate NUKE VS. Orange, and why?
TolyK: Same question.
Wow, this is the most thought-out and the most sensible line of questioning ever! Don't you have any better way of scumhunting than asking 'do you think I'm scum?'?

No offence, guy, but I don't like you.
And I hate you, your kin up to your grand-grandfathers and your dog. Let's not bring personal dislikes in here.
1)Please try to avoid directly referring to ongoing games. Bit of a faux-pas.
It's amazingly easy to copy moderator's explanations/warnings, isn't it?
3)Wait, what? You are calling me using ALLCAPS a scumtell now? Guy, seriously. It is a thing I do. How is it scummy?
Because that implies you can't keep calm demeanor, ergo you're deeply touched by accusations directed at you, ergo you're scum.
4)Why is my case on Orange bullshit? Tell me.
...you sure like forcing people to waste walls of text and tons of time on you, don't you?... Fine, whatever.

Because in a stunning display of hipocrisy you accused him of feeling pressured by Max's questions DESPITE INSANELY OVERREEACTING YOURSELF!!!

Because you later explained to Max how Orangebottle was supposed to react to his questions.

Because your primary case on him, it seems, is that he defended the RVS which OBVIOUSLY IS SO FUCKING INTOLERABLE THAT IT'S WORTH A VOTE!!!!!!!

Because... oh wait, that's your entire case. And every single point of it is bullshit.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

woah missed this one. i need sleep, but here is this at least for now:
TolyK: Same question. (Who do you think is right in the debate NUKE VS. Orange, and why?)
It's hard to tell. Orange is pushing you well, but you seem to be holding ground mostly (except for these... "slips" in trying to show *you're* town by means other than asking and answering questions... kinda like Dariush pointed out). Orange is either a good scumhunter, or a good mimicker. You are kinda desperate to prove you're town and he's scum. I'm... not sure here. You've slipped more, but... eh.
Also I realized my vote is still my random one - Unvote.

Tomorrow morning (for me) expect some nitpicking of other posts. I've started today, but it... sucks to be honest.  :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you sure like forcing people to waste walls of text and tons of time on you, don't you?... Fine, whatever.

Because in a stunning display of hipocrisy you accused him of feeling pressured by Max's questions DESPITE INSANELY OVERREEACTING YOURSELF!!!

Because you later explained to Max how Orangebottle was supposed to react to his questions.

Because your primary case on him, it seems, is that he defended the RVS which OBVIOUSLY IS SO FUCKING INTOLERABLE THAT IT'S WORTH A VOTE!!!!!!!

Because... oh wait, that's your entire case. And every single point of it is bullshit.

NUKE is obviously joking. The fact you're trying to use this against NUKE is bullshit.

Yeah, this is fine. It may be another person's question, but that doesn't mean he's wrong or right.

NUKE's case is much better than "oops, we disagree, SCUM!". His case is that Orangebottle defended himself and got really worried about being lynched. Both of these are actions that smart townies don't do. Now, do I agree with him on this point? No. But it IS a valid line of thinking. The fact you're downplaying this is either you misreading or you trying to misrepresent facts.

Point is, vote Dariush for a bullshit case upon NUKE. Congratlulations, scum! You've made yourself obvious!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Simple has replaced billybobfred.

Vote Count:

Darvi:  Think0028
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:  NUKE9.13
Dariush:  Mr.Person
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush
Simple: 
Max White: 
Firelordsky:  Darvi
TolyK: 

Not Voting:  Simple, Max White, Firelordsky, TolyK

Day 1 will last until Tuesday 8/30 at 11 PM EST.

Still need one replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hoo boy.

See: 'not falling for that trap', the analysis of both your actions, which totally did happen (ex: here)
You think not falling for the most obvious trap in the world is a scum tell? You don't need to be scum level defensive to notice where that one could have gone.
Not that he didn't fall for it, but that he was worried about falling for it.
Ok, did not realise how new Orangebottle was. To a degree, then, his actions become more understandable. On the other hand, I do not get the impression that he is an idiot. Is it that hard to just ignore the aggravating nature of your questions, if you know that there is nothing to be found by them? I pose that it is not.
But there was something to be found. Firstly, it was a chance to gauge Orange, and taking skill level into account, for what were a rather strange string of questions, he didn't do too badly. A mistake or two, but few people will get through a game making not a single mistake. But more importantly, it was so that I could see who would jump on the bandwagon, and especially why.
In your eyes, perhaps, he didn't do too badly. I disagree. Admittedly, I had assumed that he was more experienced, which made it seem stranger than it seemed to you.
Parroted is such a negative term, but call it what you will. How is that worrying? You make a good point, I agree with you. Calling it stolen reasoning makes it sound like you don't want anyone to agree with you.
And honestly, is one random vote and one pressure vote a bandwagon? I think I might say that I am the only person voting for Orangebottle who actually intends to see him lynched.
It is my point, I'll assess how valid it is.
What? No. It was your point, and you are free to assess its validity on your own, but I am perfectly entitled to find it more or less valid than you do. You do not have exclusive rights to the argument 'Orangebottle is scum because he was overly defensive during the RVS' just because you said it first.

It is worrying because it is something scum could do to look like they are contributing, while just following somebody around. Townies don't follow people around because they don't know who the scum are. Anyway, I said Orange made a mistake, but did I ever say he should hang for it? Your extrapolating my argument, not just agreeing.
...wut
No, you never said he should hang for it. Clearly you also never thought he should hang for it.
But, unlike you are suggesting, I am not hanging on your every word, Sir Max. I am indeed capable of taking your argument and carrying it further. You never said he should hang for it, but I did. Hence my vote.
One random vote, one that could or could not have been serious, and a barrel load of questions that from anybody else would almost certainly come with a vote. But the point is that scum like to find the bandwagon fast, and with at least two players on Orange's case, he was already a good target.
I disagree. To expect random votes, or even RVS pressure votes, to stay on someone until the lynch (without a change in reason), would be extremely foolish. Do I strike you for a fool, Max?

Are we allowed to use evidence from other(ongoing) games? If so, I have some damning shit:

Hmm. Well, what's done is done and so forth.

Why 'Overdefending is a fallacy' does not apply here:
There was no reason to defend yourself seriously. An 'overly' zealous defence in the face of moderate to heavy pressure is not a scumtell, at least not intrinsically. Your actions were in response to silly RVS questions (even if max claims otherwise I maintain that they were silly), which shouldn't have offered any pressure at all.

@NUKE:
I'm just wondering what made you jump to "Orangebottle is scum!" rather than "Orangebottle is new!" since both are reasonable explainations for the behavior.
This one, specifically. Although I know the answer, so I guess it matters more what makes you still think this now.
Ok. The reason I jumped to the conclusion "Orangebottle is scum!", rather than "Orangebottle is new!" is that I was not aware of how new Orangebottle was, thus eliminating the second option.
The reason I maintain my vote on Orangebottle now is because whilst it is possible that his actions stemmed from inexperience, the possibility remains that they stemmed from him being scum instead. Also, he asked me to, and I have no better targets. Then again, this path grows cold, which is why I am trying to get some of the lurkers to come the fudge out and play the damn game.

TolyK: Same question.
Wow, this is the most thought-out and the most sensible line of questioning ever! Don't you have any better way of scumhunting than asking 'do you think I'm scum?'?
Ok, see, this is not helpful. Why is it lazy, why is it useless? You can't just say these things with no basis. I pose that, while it was a line of questioning that lay rather close to hand, it is not useless at all. I demand that you explain why you think it is lazy and useless.

No offence, guy, but I don't like you.
And I hate you, your kin up to your grand-grandfathers and your dog. Let's not bring personal dislikes in here.
Not to derail things, but why don't you like me? I dislike the way you play, as I find it simplistic and inflammatory. What is it about me that you don't like?

1)Please try to avoid directly referring to ongoing games. Bit of a faux-pas.
It's amazingly easy to copy moderator's explanations/warnings, isn't it?

I was not aware that this was in the moderators warnings. If it was, then why the heck did you think it was ok to do it anyway?

3)Wait, what? You are calling me using ALLCAPS a scumtell now? Guy, seriously. It is a thing I do. How is it scummy?
Because that implies you can't keep calm demeanor, ergo you're deeply touched by accusations directed at you, ergo you're scum.
Demeanour? Town shouldn't have a demeanour. Of course, this is an unattainable ideal, but for the most part I write how I feel. And when I feel angry, due to stupidity on the part of others, I find it useful to express this through the medium of ALLCAPS, in the hope that they will realise their foolishness.
4)Why is my case on Orange bullshit? Tell me.
Woah, four lines! I can see you went all out on this one! No. No, no, no. You are berating me for asking you TO PLAY THE GAME. You cannot get away, as town or scum, with just saying things and never explaining them. If you want to scumhunt someone, you need to put some effort into it.
Because in a stunning display of hipocrisy you accused him of feeling pressured by Max's questions DESPITE INSANELr=NY OVERREEACTING YOURSELF!!!
1)Typos. Say what you like about ALLCAPS, at least I have enough of a 'calm demeanour' to hit the right keys.
2)Insanely overreacting to what, exactly?
See above: Why am I not allowed to do this? I can interpret Max's questions, and the reactions to them, however I please, surely?
1)Say what you like about ALLCAPS, but hot damn son, that's seven exclamation marks you got there. You trolling me with this, or what?
2)That is indeed one way of describing my case. You still haven't explained why this is bullshit.
I still don't quite understand why its bullshit.

woah missed this one. i need sleep, but here is this at least for now:
TolyK: Same question. (Who do you think is right in the debate NUKE VS. Orange, and why?)
It's hard to tell. Orange is pushing you well, but you seem to be holding ground mostly (except for these... "slips" in trying to show *you're* town by means other than asking and answering questions... kinda like Dariush pointed out). Orange is either a good scumhunter, or a good mimicker. You are kinda desperate to prove you're town and he's scum. I'm... not sure here. You've slipped more, but... eh.
Also I realized my vote is still my random one - Unvote.

Tomorrow morning (for me) expect some nitpicking of other posts. I've started today, but it... sucks to be honest.  :-\
...eh
So in conclusion, you don't know. Ok, not the most interesting response, but whatever. Anxiously awaiting more content.

Darvi: Where you at?

Simple: Who do you think is right in the debate NUKE VS. Orange, and why?
Long Live United Forenia!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Alright, promised post:

I found this:
Your decent at mafia, aren't you TolyK? I thought you were one of the better players out there. Maybe not Jim or vector good, but in there with Darvi and Think at least.
Why would you think is that much better than yourself at scum then?
... wording? I.. don't quite get this question.

Orangebottle: Wow, he's doing very well for his second game (right?)! He got wound up in this firefight with Nuke, had some slips but otherwise good.
Dr. Plutonium (a.k.a. Nuke): Aggressive, but trying to declare Orange's scummitude and his innocence. Not sure if that's good or bad, but... eh.

Several situations:
 (note: [s ]=scum, [t]=town)
1. Orange[s ] Nuke [t] - possible, but unlikely IMO. means Orange is good at not slipping, while Nuke finds something suspicious and tries to pound his way in.
2. Orange [t] Nuke [s ] - possible. means Orange has nothing to fear and is doing his best, while Nuke is trying to force the tables around.
3. Orange [s ] Nuke [s ] - unlikely IMO, unless possibly Nuke is coordinating this fiasco through scumchat. Risky, but with the current events would make the other neigh invincible if one was lynched.
4. Orange [t] Nuke [t] - quite likely IMO. Two townies flamefighting, while scum is just waiting, or fueling the fight (who can fill the fueling role: Mr. Person, Dariush, Max White (to an extent).)

If 1 is right, then I have the impression Orange is getting help from an experienced player.
If 2 is right, I dunno about the situation.
If 3 is right, then... wow.
If 4 is right above, then most of us should be looking for the scum.

So, in this section, I conclude that we should be looking for the other scum

Inactive folks:
Think
Billybobfred
Darvi (partially)

Aaaaaand with the last post, Nuke wants more input on how he's doing. Not sure what to make of it though.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaaaand with the last post, Nuke wants more input on how he's doing. Not sure what to make of it though.
What you've given me now is enough. Very clean and analytical. I would ask if you had suspicions re:anyone else, but there isn't really anything for you to go on yet.
Long Live United Forenia!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

YO DAWG I HERD YOU DUN LIEK rvs SO I PUT caps IN YOUR caps SO YOU CAN ACT STUPID WHILE I ACCIDENTALLY YOUR LAWN.
Sorry for bothering with this Can you find a replacement for me because My teachers at schơl gave me like 5 projects to work on yesterday so I won't have time to constantly post.
You are trying to make my life difficult are ya? You could've at least answered questions while you posted that.

But if you're seriously leaving, no use to keep that vote. Unvote <_<
Darvi: Who are you currently suspicious of, aside from Firelordsky?
Everybody and anybody. Including myself. Seriously, I am one sneaky bastard whom I don't know what to expect of.
Also, Dariush, Nuke (both raging jerks), Person(too experienced to be found out easily), Max, OB, Simple, FLS (either bad scum or bad town. Really, I don't know how to tell those apart), Think and Tolyk (those in between. Although Think's presence is lackluster.).
In other words, everybody is suspicious, some are just worse than others.

Got nothing else to add?

I think you're both arseholes.

But to answer your question, you are overestimating OB's ability to stay calm as town, while OB is, well, a newbie. In other words, you're both wrong with your perceived scumtells and are trying too hard to prove each other's guilt and your own innocence.

However, OB has been quite negligient:
Darvi: In your opinion, what is the weakest artifact?
OrangeBottle never even bothered to check if I answered the question (towards which I answer "The genocide and hellfire scrolls for townies accidentally killing each other and Adamantium Armor for making scum more vulnerable"), and solely focused on you. Meaning that he most likely doesn't care about information and only for pushing a lynch.

On the other hand, you are quite keen on making people choose between OB and yourself. While not inherently scummy, coming from one of the participants of the flamewar this seems like you are trying to coax others into voting OB.

Darvi: Where you at?
You hate RVS, I hate FOSing and playing during weekends.

Simple: Found anything?
Max: Why are you trying to insinuate that I am any good?
Tolyk: Why didn't ya notice that BBF isn't playing anymore?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Tolyk: Why didn't ya notice that BBF isn't playing anymore?
Mr. Face, meet Mr. Computer.
although I was mostly commenting his behaviour, maybe Simple will play that differently... :?

Spoiler: Mostly OOC (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Max White: I don't buy your "all aaccordign to plan" motive. If that was your real reason to do what you did you were very inconsistent about it.Why you needed to clarify you were looking for scum lynch few times? I thought it should be obvious goal for town players.And unless your plan preemtively assumed that you knew what orangebottle reaction will be it would be pretty easy to accuse him in convenient moment or go after after someone else without need to back off and make excuses.And how the hell making him accuse himself was part of "bait plan" ? If it was meant only to look for people who would egearly join in, why would you use one way of accusation that's basically lazy scum calling card ?How would you know that your attack is enough to bait someone into following if you were not voting ? I would like some serious follow up of that rather than another mild nitpicking.

Orangebottle : While i belive the that the whole overdefending issue is incrimnating it's not like it is something that condemns you right away at least in my eyes. And why you completely gone to defensive in few last posts ? I see nothing that points you have any suspects except sudden vote on nuke that i want to hear again but phrased in a way that not sounds so personal. Also what do you meant by "as if you don't want the town to know anything"? What town need to know ? What's also making me wonder is how easy you change your stance towards max, what's your actual opinion on him ? Why are you so eager to back your own defense on his words ?

Nuke9.13: Who is right in this debate ? I honestly don't know. But if i was to point someone who's flailing more and dropping more scumtells i would choose Orangebottle. On the other hand i don't like how at first your attacks on orange were a bit self-fullfilling prophecy.

Tolyk: I too agree that this focus is unhealthy for town. What makes me think that this is case of town vs town debate is that i can't see anyone else except them hardly doing anything to change the outcome or divert attention to somebody else.

Darvi: Well, i only established that getting into game is ha harder when replacing. Also how you get bad scum/bad town vibe from me if i haven't even said anything ? Also what information should orangebottle care for ? I don't quite get your reasoning there.

Uhhh, this post formatings looks horrible, sorry for that. :/

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, OB has been quite negligient:
Darvi: In your opinion, what is the weakest artifact?
OrangeBottle never even bothered to check if I answered the question (towards which I answer "The genocide and hellfire scrolls for townies accidentally killing each other and Adamantium Armor for making scum more vulnerable"), and solely focused on you. Meaning that he most likely doesn't care about information and only for pushing a lynch.

You...you're voting me for...
Pfffhahaaahahahahaaaaaa. That is hilarious, Darvi.
I didn't bug you about not answering the question because:
A)I forgot about it.
B)I was too busy answering other people's questions and firing back at them.

Since when was not bugging someone when they didn't answer an RVS question lynch-worthy?
Also, why isn't pushing for a NUKE lynch pro-town?

PPE:

Orangebottle : While i belive the that the whole overdefending issue is incrimnating it's not like it is something that condemns you right away at least in my eyes. And why you completely gone to defensive in few last posts ? I see nothing that points you have any suspects except sudden vote on nuke that i want to hear again but phrased in a way that not sounds so personal. Also what do you meant by "as if you don't want the town to know anything"? What town need to know ? What's also making me wonder is how easy you change your stance towards max, what's your actual opinion on him ? Why are you so eager to back your own defense on his words ?
I haven't; My last few posts were about a potential attack on NUKE that wound up not being useable. I'm voting NUKE because he has no original reason to be voting for me. He's also condemning RVS while using it to justify his vote on me. I mean that he doesn't want to participate in RVS or contribute anything valid, and he's also succeeded in distracting several people from their hunting at one point or another. Town needs to know who the scum are, or at the very least they need to know how other people are thinking so they can find the scum.

Max, if I take what he said at face value, is a manipulative little prick. I don't remember using his words to back up my defense, though. Could you tell me where that happened?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about the lack of presence, been moving to college Friday-Sunday.

Darvi: Fair enough. Unvote.

NUKE9.13: Why do you keep insisting on people making a decision about who's right and wrong in your debate with Orangebottle? Why is it your #1 go-to question for everyone? Hounding people to make a decision right away and draw them away from their own trains of thought is an awfully scummy thing to do. What information could it give you about the scumminess of others?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

NUKE is obviously joking.
Sure, joking. Only two people got the joke (out of whom one was Nuke himself), but he was joking nevertheless.

That's suspiciously detailed point-by-point defend against an attack not made against you. Did you get a chainsaw as your starting item? Or do you simply know something about Nuke we don't?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Waiting for confirmation, but I believe Webadict is replacing Firelordsky.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Replace I will.

Oh and TolyK for being incredibly passive.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36