Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 106470 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unvote. I don't think Orangebottle is scum anymore, haven't for a while, but wanted to see how others reacted to the debate first.
I asked you for your best NUKE. If that is your best, I am extremely disappointed. If you really thought I was a townie, why did you keep flinging shit at me?
I have not always thought you were a townie. I was thinking you were probably a townie around the point that I started asking folks who was right in the debate. I maintained my vote on you at that point because changing it would have made asking the questions pointless, and nothing would have been gained from the whole fiasco. And there was no reason to actually stop pressuring you, just in case I was wrong.

4)Can you, actually, read? I'm starting to think you can't. I haven't thought Orangebottle was scum for a while. Not ever since I started attacking him. Basically since I started asking people who they thought was right, I was planning to unvote Orangebottle after they had answered. Had I done so earlier, people's reactions would not have been the same; they would have known the answer I 'wanted' to hear was "neither of you".
Why are is it important what other people think is right, Nuke? Isn't it your job to convince people that your right, rather than just follow popular opinion?
What would you have done if the majority of people had strongly agreed with you?
What about if people had strongly disagreed with you?
1)It is not important that people think I am right, I never said this.
2)If the majority of people had strongly agreed with me, I would have investigated why they agreed with me. If they had good reasons, I might have looked at these, and reconsidered unvoting Orangebottle. If, which I consider more likely, they agreed with me for the purposes of buddying and bandwagoning, I would have called them out on this.
3)Again, I would investigate why they disagreed with me. If they had good reasons, I would say little of it. If they disagreed with me for the purposes of buddying and bandwagoning, I would have called them out on this.

I also dislike how you are trying to split the town with your 'Nuke vs. Orange' debate. No, there is no Nuke vs Orange, there is Orange and everything he does, you and everything you do, and everybody else and everything they do. You could both be wrong, hell you could both be right! The only way you can be sure that such a divide exists is if you were scum.
I have no interest in splitting the town; I did not ask anyone to choose a side, merely with which 'side' they agreed. And no, you cannot say there has not been an 'Orange VS NUKE' debate, because there has. Several back-and-forth posts in which little to no attention was paid to anyone else.
That we could both be wrong/right was indeed an option. Clearly I believe that the 'correct' option (eg the one I would have answered) was that we were both town, and thus both either wrong or right depending on your point of view.
Insinuating the polarised nature was in order to encourage people to choose a side to go with; to decrease the chances that scum would take the 'neutral' route which avoids giving away to much information. Clearly this failed, but it was worth a try.

You have also been some what inconsistent with your view.
The reason I maintain my vote on Orangebottle now is because whilst it is possible that his actions stemmed from inexperience, the possibility remains that they stemmed from him being scum instead.
Unvote. I don't think Orangebottle is scum anymore, haven't for a while, but wanted to see how others reacted to the debate first.
Haven't for a while?
Yes, you are allowed to change your mind, but the backtracking here shows that you were either lying then, or now. With only your word to go off, I'm going to assume your lying now.
Lying then, mostly. Sorry about that. As I have said, I maintained my vote on Orangebottle because unvoting would change the answers to my question, and I maintained pressure because I could've been wrong, and there is little harm in trying to get someone to slip up.
Long Live United Forenia!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Insinuating the polarised nature was in order to encourage people to choose a side to go with; to decrease the chances that scum would take the 'neutral' route which avoids giving away to much information. Clearly this failed, but it was worth a try.
So why is it then when TolyK took the middle ground, you chose to give this reply
Aaaaaand with the last post, Nuke wants more input on how he's doing. Not sure what to make of it though.
What you've given me now is enough. Very clean and analytical. I would ask if you had suspicions re:anyone else, but there isn't really anything for you to go on yet.
Rather than pressing for an opinion?

Also, taking into the fact that TolyK did take the middle ground, what is your opinion of him, if your choosing to be honest with us now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Sorry, almost forgot about this. Was late at night, I think I mashed up two different questions. It was 'Who would you think is that much better than yourself at playing as scum then?'
The folks you listed. :P
Probably Wuba, Think in this game.

TolyK, you are an incredibly passive scumbag. You do not give any relevant information, which means you're only trying to look like you're active. An example:

Orangebottle: Wow, he's doing very well for his second game (right?)! He got wound up in this firefight with Nuke, had some slips but otherwise good.
Dr. Plutonium (a.k.a. Nuke): Aggressive, but trying to declare Orange's scummitude and his innocence. Not sure if that's good or bad, but... eh.
You: Hey, look at me make comments and then proceed to tell you what they mean! then proceed to take no side in this argument!
And if I thought that the Orange/Nuke argument would go nowhere?
You are partially buddying up to Orangebottle here by saying how great he's doing, but then mention that he's had some slips. You don't say anything about what the slips were, if any, but for some reason, it's all good for Orangebottle. Why is that? What are these slips? Why is he good?
He gave the impression of someone who knew what he was doing. Yeh, i know, gut feeling is not good in mafia :/
On NUKE, I honestly can't tell if you're distancing yourself or buddying with him, because you're calling him Dr. Plutonium. You then proceed to give a very detailed account of NUKE's argument as "trying to declare Orange [as scum]." I was so moved by your description. Oh, and the part where you couldn't tell if NUKE was doing good or bad? You surely create an air of suspense!
I still have a mixed opinion of him. He seems (semi-) actively hunting, but too aggressive and incoherent.
Several situations:
 (note: [s ]=scum, [t]=town)
1. Orange[s ] Nuke [t] - possible, but unlikely IMO. means Orange is good at not slipping, while Nuke finds something suspicious and tries to pound his way in.
2. Orange [t] Nuke [s ] - possible. means Orange has nothing to fear and is doing his best, while Nuke is trying to force the tables around.
3. Orange [s ] Nuke [s ] - unlikely IMO, unless possibly Nuke is coordinating this fiasco through scumchat. Risky, but with the current events would make the other neigh invincible if one was lynched.
4. Orange [t] Nuke [t] - quite likely IMO. Two townies flamefighting, while scum is just waiting, or fueling the fight (who can fill the fueling role: Mr. Person, Dariush, Max White (to an extent).)

If 1 is right, then I have the impression Orange is getting help from an experienced player.
If 2 is right, I dunno about the situation.
If 3 is right, then... wow.
If 4 is right above, then most of us should be looking for the scum.
You: Here is my list that I put no actual thinking into. If you notice, I actually have no opinions! It means I couldn't care less about scumhunting!

Seriously, you just listed the 4 possibilities for EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF PLAYERS, and then proceeded to give no opinion on who you thought was scum or town. No, "probably" doesn't count. Everyone is "possibly" town. Everyone "might be" scum. That's the most passive answer ever.
hey, one second. I don't like to give exact answers (because i don't know them :P) but here:
4. Orange [t] Nuke [t] - quite likely IMO.
I show that 'It seems like a town-town flamewar that won't lead us anywhere.'

You literally give nothing relevant. You don't say who you think is scum or town out of the pair. You're just letting other people read your restating of the obvious for you, so they can come up with an answer.

Oh, and I lol'd at your "If #4 is right" because it's exactly what you're not doing. Unless you meant yourself in the minority.
I meant myself in the majority; that is, the town side. I'm not as good a scumhunter as some people here, I'm still looking for a post that is off tone.
So, in this section, I conclude that we should be looking for the other scum

Inactive folks:
Think
Billybobfred
Darvi (partially)
L.
O.
L.
har har har. i was making an observation, that was unrelated to the above.
Your conclusion is supported by...

What? You didn't "conclude" anything! You just said we should scumhunt. But, you didn't scumhunt at all! You didn't attempt to determine who was scum or town from the argument. You didn't interpret the data in a way that would give you a feeling one way or another.

Excuse me? I almost put "I think these are probably town, so lets go somewhere else." but that
a) wasn't exactly what i meant
b) would be waay too straightforward.
You CERTAINLY didn't give any opinion on who you thought was scum.
I didn't. I currently don't see any blatant scumming (other than Nuke, but folks have that handled...)
Oh, and then you went for the lurkers.
No. This is trying to squeeze every bit out of my post, which is good, but this is inferring too much.
I just said they were there. There's a reason I had a [ hr] tag there. it was because it's separate from the above.
There is NO possible way that you would do this as town and think it was acceptable. If you can explain how it was acceptable, you lose a vote. But, no, there is no good reason.
I'm not scared of a vote, but your vote could have a better use. Anyways, I know that I don't scumhunt well, and so this style was my thinking "show to public". If you think it's "obvious"
Oh and TolyK for being incredibly passive.
... ookay?
Any questions though? Or just a "policy vote"?
Sadly I can't find any meat that others haven't eaten yet (:P).
I do not policy vote. Or whatever phrase you think you're trying to make up. You're not bothering to search if you can't find anything out there. I mean, look. I analyzed one post and I found scum. EASY AS PIE!
C'est ne pas. You found (in your eyes) potential scum. You are also much more experienced, so hunting is easier for you than others.
If you want my suspicions, then. Nuke, and to a small extent Max White (guts.)
About policy voting: I see your reasoning now. :P It's incorrect, but logical.

Aaaaaand with the last post, Nuke wants more input on how he's doing. Not sure what to make of it though.
What you've given me now is enough. Very clean and analytical. I would ask if you had suspicions re:anyone else, but there isn't really anything for you to go on yet.
Whaaaa? Are you really trying to get my opinion and go along with it or something? I guess you thought that copying my stance was favorable, right Nuke? After my post you got all "yeah i always thought he was town". That does not work.
PPE: While I was writing (and going off for an hour or so...) max ninja'd me. Yup.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:  Darvi
Dariush:  Mr.Person
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush, Think0028, Max White
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict

Not Voting:  Simple, TolyK, NUKE9.13

Day 1 will last until Tuesday 8/30 at 11 PM EST:  ~14 hours from now.

Heads up- there is a very good chance of a mod extension.  I have to go in to work at 12:30 AM (IE 90 minutes after deadline.)  If I'm napping before then, I won't have time to end the day.  Just assume that if the day isn't ended an hour after deadline, it's modextended until 3 PM EST tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

TolyK, you are an incredibly passive scumbag. You do not give any relevant information, which means you're only trying to look like you're active. An example:

Orangebottle: Wow, he's doing very well for his second game (right?)! He got wound up in this firefight with Nuke, had some slips but otherwise good.
Dr. Plutonium (a.k.a. Nuke): Aggressive, but trying to declare Orange's scummitude and his innocence. Not sure if that's good or bad, but... eh.
You: Hey, look at me make comments and then proceed to tell you what they mean! then proceed to take no side in this argument!
Then you were still a passive observer. What part of that do you not understand? You obviously went through the trouble of COMMENTING on the argument, but you didn't bother to say, "I think you're both town, so stop arguing"? All that gives me is that you either don't want to stand out or don't want to end the argument, both of which actually make you scummier than doing either!

You are partially buddying up to Orangebottle here by saying how great he's doing, but then mention that he's had some slips. You don't say anything about what the slips were, if any, but for some reason, it's all good for Orangebottle. Why is that? What are these slips? Why is he good?
He gave the impression of someone who knew what he was doing. Yeh, i know, gut feeling is not good in mafia :/
Errr, what? When have I EVER said gut feeling isn't good in mafia? Gut feeling doesn't give evidence, but you can use it.

But, beside that point, you have NO IDEA what a gut feeling is supposed to be! You're not giving me if you think they're town! You're giving me if you think they're good at mafia! That's being passive, AGAIN! You just simply REFUSE to take a side again. I could care less WHAT you thought they were than if you ACTUALLY GAVE WHAT YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE.

On NUKE, I honestly can't tell if you're distancing yourself or buddying with him, because you're calling him Dr. Plutonium. You then proceed to give a very detailed account of NUKE's argument as "trying to declare Orange [as scum]." I was so moved by your description. Oh, and the part where you couldn't tell if NUKE was doing good or bad? You surely create an air of suspense!
I still have a mixed opinion of him. He seems (semi-) actively hunting, but too aggressive and incoherent.
Then you are still being passive. Congratulations. I'll note that you're hardly doing anything to figure out if he is scum or not.

Several situations:
1. Orange[s ] Nuke [t] - possible, but unlikely IMO. means Orange is good at not slipping, while Nuke finds something suspicious and tries to pound his way in.
2. Orange [t] Nuke [s ] - possible. means Orange has nothing to fear and is doing his best, while Nuke is trying to force the tables around.
3. Orange [s ] Nuke [s ] - unlikely IMO, unless possibly Nuke is coordinating this fiasco through scumchat. Risky, but with the current events would make the other neigh invincible if one was lynched.
4. Orange [t] Nuke [t] - quite likely IMO. Two townies flamefighting, while scum is just waiting, or fueling the fight (who can fill the fueling role: Mr. Person, Dariush, Max White (to an extent).)

If 1 is right, then I have the impression Orange is getting help from an experienced player.
You: Here is my list that I put no actual thinking into. If you notice, I actually have no opinions! It means I couldn't care less about scumhunting!

Seriously, you just listed the 4 possibilities for EVERY SINGLE PAIR OF PLAYERS, and then proceeded to give no opinion on who you thought was scum or town. No, "probably" doesn't count. Everyone is "possibly" town. Everyone "might be" scum. That's the most passive answer ever.
hey, one second. I don't like to give exact answers (because i don't know them :P) but here:
Oh, you're right! How blind I was! Clearly, since we cannot KNOW things, we should never say what they are and should instead say what the MIGHT BE!

Again, you're not giving a straightfoward answer! You're not taking a side! I could care less if you were completely wrong about both! And if you feel like you have too little information, than FIND SOME MORE INFORMATION! Why on Earth would you make a post about an argument that includes no relevant conclusions, details, or deductions?!? You're basically active-lurking!

Nobody KNOWS anything, but at least act like you have a spine. I don't KNOW if I'm going to die today, but I know I'm not going to die today because I'm not this pathetic baby that cares if something goes wrong. If I'm wrong, then oh well, try again next time? Seriously, stop giving me an excuse not to do anything.

You've now irked my ire to inspire an indication of inappropriate inactivity. I shall now spend all of my time making sure you get lynched. Do you understand what you're doing wrong yet?

You literally give nothing relevant. You don't say who you think is scum or town out of the pair. You're just letting other people read your restating of the obvious for you, so they can come up with an answer.

Oh, and I lol'd at your "If #4 is right" because it's exactly what you're not doing. Unless you meant yourself in the minority.
I meant myself in the majority; that is, the town side. I'm not as good a scumhunter as some people here, I'm still looking for a post that is off tone.
THEN DO SOMETHING!!!

Inactive folks:
Think
Billybobfred
Darvi (partially)
L.
O.
L.
Is that so? Well, it's funny since you're, you know, not engaging them into the game. If you wanted them to post, then give them something to post about. Be like:

Think0028: Do you have any immediate plans to post in the future?
Billybobfred: Do you think TolyK is scum?
Darvi: Who let you into this game?

Because your current way of doing it is doing nothing.

What? You didn't "conclude" anything! You just said we should scumhunt. But, you didn't scumhunt at all! You didn't attempt to determine who was scum or town from the argument. You didn't interpret the data in a way that would give you a feeling one way or another.

Excuse me? I almost put "I think these are probably town, so lets go somewhere else." but that
I didn't. I currently don't see any blatant scumming (other than Nuke, but folks have that handled...)
Bolded and underlined the issue. I want you to figure out why it's wrong. Because, it's SOOO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS that I'm just wondering if your IQ is high enough to type words. Syntax might be a bit above you right now, but we'll work on it.

There is NO possible way that you would do this as town and think it was acceptable. If you can explain how it was acceptable, you lose a vote. But, no, there is no good reason.
I'm not scared of a vote, but your vote could have a better use. Anyways, I know that I don't scumhunt well, and so this style was my thinking "show to public". If you think it's "obvious"
I believe you forgot to finish this sentence, but I'll continue anyhow.

My vote is on you because you're being passive piece of useless garbage. Imagine all I posted was the vote count and then listed all the possible alignments of each vote. Tell me how that helps. Because that is the exact situation you're doing. You're giving me information I already know or that I could find fairly easily. You're NOT:

Interpreting the data into something useful.
Showing that the data leads to a certain conclusion.
Bringing up hard to see data.
Attempting to determine how the data should be interpreted.
Sharing why this information is important.
And much, much more!

C'est ne pas. You found (in your eyes) potential scum. You are also much more experienced, so hunting is easier for you than others.
Do you know why hunting is easier for me than you?

BECAUSE I'M TRYING.

I'm not whoring out information that's already available. I'm interpreting it. I'm doing everything I told you you're not doing, you stupid moron.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then you were still a passive observer. What part of that do you not understand? You obviously went through the trouble of COMMENTING on the argument, but you didn't bother to say, "I think you're both town, so stop arguing"? All that gives me is that you either don't want to stand out or don't want to end the argument, both of which actually make you scummier than doing either!

Errr, what? When have I EVER said gut feeling isn't good in mafia? Gut feeling doesn't give evidence, but you can use it.

But, beside that point, you have NO IDEA what a gut feeling is supposed to be! You're not giving me if you think they're town! You're giving me if you think they're good at mafia! That's being passive, AGAIN! You just simply REFUSE to take a side again. I could care less WHAT you thought they were than if you ACTUALLY GAVE WHAT YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE.

Then you are still being passive. Congratulations. I'll note that you're hardly doing anything to figure out if he is scum or not.

Several situations:

Oh, you're right! How blind I was! Clearly, since we cannot KNOW things, we should never say what they are and should instead say what the MIGHT BE!

Again, you're not giving a straightfoward answer! You're not taking a side! I could care less if you were completely wrong about both! And if you feel like you have too little information, than FIND SOME MORE INFORMATION! Why on Earth would you make a post about an argument that includes no relevant conclusions, details, or deductions?!? You're basically active-lurking!

Nobody KNOWS anything, but at least act like you have a spine. I don't KNOW if I'm going to die today, but I know I'm not going to die today because I'm not this pathetic baby that cares if something goes wrong. If I'm wrong, then oh well, try again next time? Seriously, stop giving me an excuse not to do anything.

You've now irked my ire to inspire an indication of inappropriate inactivity. I shall now spend all of my time making sure you get lynched. Do you understand what you're doing wrong yet?

THEN DO SOMETHING!!!

Inactive folks:
Think
Billybobfred
Darvi (partially)
L.
O.
L.
Is that so? Well, it's funny since you're, you know, not engaging them into the game. If you wanted them to post, then give them something to post about. Be like:

Think0028: Do you have any immediate plans to post in the future?
Billybobfred: Do you think TolyK is scum?

Because your current way of doing it is doing nothing.

Bolded and underlined the issue. I want you to figure out why it's wrong. Because, it's SOOO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS that I'm just wondering if your IQ is high enough to type words. Syntax might be a bit above you right now, but we'll work on it.

I believe you forgot to finish this sentence, but I'll continue anyhow.

My vote is on you because you're being passive piece of useless garbage. Imagine all I posted was the vote count and then listed all the possible alignments of each vote. Tell me how that helps. Because that is the exact situation you're doing. You're giving me information I already know or that I could find fairly easily. You're NOT:

Interpreting the data into something useful.
Showing that the data leads to a certain conclusion.
Bringing up hard to see data.
Attempting to determine how the data should be interpreted.
Sharing why this information is important.
And much, much more!

Do you know why hunting is easier for me than you?

BECAUSE I'M TRYING.

I'm not whoring out information that's already available. I'm interpreting it. I'm doing everything I told you you're not doing, you stupid moron.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

And I could hardly specify why I was asking the questions before they were answered now, could I?
No, of course you couldn't, I'm sorry. How could I even hope that you're capable of anything other than RAAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIIING, asking questions for reasons unknown to you, the asker, spewing hypocrisy, lying, covering up your lies, nitpicking at the slightest useless details, demanding constant attention like a child ('U POST NAU OR IMA KIL U!!!1!1!!111!')... Okay, I got slightly carried away back there, sorry.

Also, if you're so ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CERTAIN that I'm scum (just as you were certain about OB a few days ago, heh), why aren't you actually voting me? Or do you hope to avoid OMGUS implications (which you yourself established earlier) by NKing me instead?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »

Darvi: Well, i only established that getting into game is ha harder when replacing. Also how you get bad scum/bad town vibe from me if i haven't even said anything ?
How would you come to such a ridiculous conclusion? I never even hinted at anything like that.
Also what information should orangebottle care for ? I don't quite get your reasoning there.
Well, I don't really know, the answer to the question he asked maybe?

However, OB has been quite negligient:
Darvi: In your opinion, what is the weakest artifact?
OrangeBottle never even bothered to check if I answered the question (towards which I answer "The genocide and hellfire scrolls for townies accidentally killing each other and Adamantium Armor for making scum more vulnerable"), and solely focused on you. Meaning that he most likely doesn't care about information and only for pushing a lynch.

You...you're voting me for...
Pfffhahaaahahahahaaaaaa. That is hilarious, Darvi.
Was I serious bout my vote? Sure was. Did I want to get you lynched? Nah.
I didn't bug you about not answering the question because:
A)I forgot about it.
B)I was too busy answering other people's questions and firing back at them.

Since when was not bugging someone when they didn't answer an RVS question lynch-worthy?
See, this is why I voted for you. I thought it might've been something like that, but I wanted to gauge your reaction first. Anyways, unvote
Also, why isn't pushing for a NUKE lynch pro-town?
And by that you mean? I don't see how that's related.

Waiting for confirmation, but I believe Webadict is replacing Firelordsky.
Well fucking cheers, another player I don't know how to deal with.

Darvi is a sensible type,
And now I know you're the clueless type. Srsly.

Max: Why are you trying to insinuate that I am any good?
Because somebody needs to be nice you, or you will have no friends at all.  :P
But seriously, what is with you guys? I thought you were all pretty good, and you won the first RL mafia, if I recall, didn't you Darvi?
I was scum that game. You don't need no scumhunting skills as scum.

Considering that you also asked a question to BBF, I conclude that this wasn't a serious question. Either way: the household bread-frying appliance.
Since you... wait, I already answered this didn't I?

Enough replying, I'll try to get a good reread now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I could hardly specify why I was asking the questions before they were answered now, could I?
No, of course you couldn't, I'm sorry. How could I even hope that you're capable of anything other than RAAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIIING, asking questions for reasons unknown to you, the asker, spewing hypocrisy, lying, covering up your lies, nitpicking at the slightest useless details, demanding constant attention like a child ('U POST NAU OR IMA KIL U!!!1!1!!111!')... Okay, I got slightly carried away back there, sorry.

Also, if you're so ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CERTAIN that I'm scum (just as you were certain about OB a few days ago, heh), why aren't you actually voting me? Or do you hope to avoid OMGUS implications (which you yourself established earlier) by NKing me instead?
Screw you, guy.
Dariush
Look at this, people. Look at this, and ask yourself: is this useful? I'm not even sure what he is out to achieve here, as town or scum, but people like this shouldn't even be allowed to play.
This isn't mafia he's doing; this is shit-flinging and name calling. Look at what he has done, look at how I have responded, and look at how he has ignored me, and ask yourself if this sounds like a sane human being, let alone a townie.

Ok, heck, no, you know what? I can't stand this, seriously. I don't even care if he's scum or town. Behaviour like this must not be tolerated. Lynch this guy. Do it. Heck, if he is town, lynch me after. I don't care. This guy needs to die, and never return to the mafia subforum.

No offence.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

-bullshit-
-Resorting to personal insults
-Asking for his actions to be judged by other people because he can't justify them himself
-Not playing to win
-EVEN MORE hypocrisy
-Voting me only after I point out that he's not doing it
-OMGUS

You really have resorted yourself to the noose and are now just trying to go out with a bang, don't you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err... Sorry for that weird double post. I was having issues with the server or something and it wouldn't let me post, so I spammed the reload button...

Screw you, guy.
Dariush
Look at this, people. Look at this, and ask yourself: is this useful? I'm not even sure what he is out to achieve here, as town or scum, but people like this shouldn't even be allowed to play.
This isn't mafia he's doing; this is shit-flinging and name calling. Look at what he has done, look at how I have responded, and look at how he has ignored me, and ask yourself if this sounds like a sane human being, let alone a townie.

Ok, heck, no, you know what? I can't stand this, seriously. I don't even care if he's scum or town. Behaviour like this must not be tolerated. Lynch this guy. Do it. Heck, if he is town, lynch me after. I don't care. This guy needs to die, and never return to the mafia subforum.

No offence.

No. Because really, he's right, and you're wrong. Did you just forget about all the other parts of what you posted?

And yes, I do believe he is a townie. Mostly because whatever you're accusing him of doing I've seen more of in YOUR posts. So, whatever point you were making has succeeded in convincing me of the opposite.

Plus, I never liked other people chainlynching but me.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...the (intentional) lack of my response to your WoT,...
Webadict.
How is this.
Ever the right thing to do?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offence.

You're being 20 times the dick he is, just so you know. Personal vendettas are not OK. I question your motives for trying to pull a chainlynch. Dariush is scum, sure, but we're not looking at exceptionally rude or bad play here. So you trying to pull in any reason to lynch him other than being scum is not acceptable right back at you. Luckily you'll have the night to calm the fuck down, sit in a corner, and realize what you're doing wrong.

Now Dariush, why are you ignoring me? You haven't responded to me seriously. Why did you originally vote NUKE? We can start with that since you seem to think WOT's are scummy or some other similarly moronic opinion that's factually incorrect. Because your original vote had insignificant justification, I need you to say your reasoning after the fact, but I believe this is the second time I've asked for such reasoning. I'm getting more than a little pissed off about this, so you probably want to stop ignoring me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

-snip-
Sentence structure in the first bit there was a little interesting. Umm, I'll hazard a guess here at what you mean.

Firstly, if somebody starts to attract some attention and they were scum, why would their scumbuddies jump on the bandwagon until it was a pretty sure thing, and they needed the bus? Anyway, is there a difference between a townie trying to lynch scum and a scum player trying to make a bandwagon? Apart from the way they go about it, that is. Sure, a player who tries to jump on a bandwagon is scummy, but beyond method to achieve the bandwagon, I don't see how they are distinctly different, so you would need to judge each by their merits.

We hunt scum, that is how we win the game. If we never force a few votes onto somebody, nobody ever gets lynched and the scum win. Townies also make bandwagons, but they do it when a player has been scummy.

Does that answer your question?

Also, no follow up? Dude, I've been prodding at Nuke for a while now. Are we reading the same game? Remember, you can make an attack on somebody even without a vote.
Sorry if that was hard to understand, i have bad habit of streaming my thoughts into one sentence that doesn't make sense when finished. ;/ Essentially i was worried about the fact that basically your actions in my eyes were bit too similar to forcing favorable situation at the expense of town overall scumhunting effort. But i guess debating someone motives when there were no clear outcome is bit pointless so i'm satisfied with this answer. Well, in my eyes you have not changed your stance towards Nuke in great extent.

Tolyk i'm bit disturbed by how despite the fact you believe Nuke&Orange debate was pointless town war you focus solely on them and your defense. If they are town who's scum in your eyes ? Also:
-snip-
-snip-

-snip-

You say that have mixed opinion on Nuke and then he's blatant in his scummitiude. So which one is the case ? Why you need to "show to public" that you scumhunt ?

Darvi: Well, i only established that getting into game is ha harder when replacing. Also how you get bad scum/bad town vibe from me if i haven't even said anything ?
How would you come to such a ridiculous conclusion? I never even hinted at anything like that.
Also what information should orangebottle care for ? I don't quite get your reasoning there.
Well, I don't really know, the answer to the question he asked maybe?
First question :
Also, Dariush, Nuke (both raging jerks), Person(too experienced to be found out easily), Max, OB, Simple, FLS (either bad scum or bad town. Really, I don't know how to tell those apart), Think and Tolyk (those in between. Although Think's presence is lackluster.).
In other words, everybody is suspicious, some are just worse than others.
Well, if you don't need to scumhunt to identify scum it's very interesting..
Second one: How pointless answer about items answer aside from it's tone should be important to him if at the point his debate with nuke was focal point of the whole game. Unless that's not what you meant.

Dariush : Missed my earlier question ?
Dariush: How nuke's onslaught on orange cand be named "quietly gliding trough the day" ? Or you had something else in mind ?

Nuke9.13: How you are helping the town with this ? I see no difference at this point between your personal attacks and his. If i were to ignore both , this whole case crumbles. I won't vote somebody because he's asshole. And you again go into "him or me!" scenario. Why ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

Game has been modextended to 3 PM EST Wednesday 8/31, ~22 hours from now.

There's no way I'll make tonight's deadline.  Feel free to extend more if you need it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36