Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 106491 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »

Are you going to have enough time to post a vote count? If not I can go do an unofficial one.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Hey look, after all that, I still didn't get a reply!

Insinuating the polarised nature was in order to encourage people to choose a side to go with; to decrease the chances that scum would take the 'neutral' route which avoids giving away to much information. Clearly this failed, but it was worth a try.
So why is it then when TolyK took the middle ground, you chose to give this reply
Aaaaaand with the last post, Nuke wants more input on how he's doing. Not sure what to make of it though.
What you've given me now is enough. Very clean and analytical. I would ask if you had suspicions re:anyone else, but there isn't really anything for you to go on yet.
Rather than pressing for an opinion?

Also, taking into the fact that TolyK did take the middle ground, what is your opinion of him, if your choosing to be honest with us now.

There are questions in that, two of them. Give me replies nuke.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are questions in that, two of them. Give me replies nuke.
Sorry about that. Dariush distracted me.

1)Because thinking both sides were right/wrong is a valid opinion. If pressed, I'm sure that most people would choose one side or the other for whom they are moderately more in favour. But I wasn't looking for that, as there would be little difference between town and scum in that situation; a townie might swing one way or the other based on gut feeling, which would be hard to differentiate from scum with no reason at all.

2)I thought that TolyK was acting very analytically; as webadict points out (and as I myself pointed out to great success in Supernatural 1), this can often be a scumtell. However, as TolyK had not posted much, and there was not much besides OrangeVSNUKE to discuss, I was willing to give him a chance to analyse the actions of others and get some real opinions out there.
Now, however, his posts remain fairly without content. I would like to see him actually post a real opinion/do some scumhunting. I think web has that covered.

Also, sorry for being an dick about Dariush, but come on. The guy taunted me! He is trying to get me angry! And nothing gets me angrier than someone trying to get me angry.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »

Ok here we go!

Unofficial Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:  Darvi
Dariush:  Mr.Person, NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush, Think0028, Max White
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict, Simple

Not Voting:  TolyK

So it seems NUKE will get the noose if things don't change. I'm not 100% against that since NUKE has been doing some scummier things, but even TolyK would be a better lynch target for being so indecisive.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2011, 05:00:31 pm »

Or Dariush for having no reasoning whatsoever for voting NUKE.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2011, 05:01:18 pm »

And avoiding answering my fucking questions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »

Or Dariush for having no reasoning whatsoever for voting NUKE.
No. I kind of like Dariush. He seems town to me. Or at the very least, not scum. And he is posting reasons. Just reasons that you might not agree with. That does not make it no reasoning. Please do not lie.

Weak reason is incredibly weak. You can do better than that, Persona.

...the (intentional) lack of my response to your WoT,...
Webadict.
How is this.
Ever the right thing to do?
I admit that that is a stupid reason, but not nearly as lynch-justifiable as you might think. Assume that you are now both 1-1 and stop bickering, since YOU set up a stupid trap on Orange. Agreed?

Good. Get back to looking at people.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »

No. I kind of like Dariush. He seems town to me. Or at the very least, not scum. And he is posting reasons. Just reasons that you might not agree with. That does not make it no reasoning. Please do not lie.

Alright, perhaps you can enlighten me. What is Dariush's mythical justification for voting NUKE? Please don't answer until Dariush has had a chance to explain first.

wat

No seriously, wat? Not answering a question is a town action now? What justifiable reason does a townie have for not answering a goddamn question about his/her reasoning? Townise should be able to do this without even thinking about it, yet Dariush has tried to ignore me every fucking post. Let's just say Dariush has perfect or at least a reasonable justification for voting NUKE. What reason does Dariush have for not explaining that reasoning? Now let's assume that Dariush has no or a very poor justification for voting NUKE. That explains why Dariush has been silent perfectly since Dariush would not be able to justify voting NUKE.

I admit that that is a stupid reason, but not nearly as lynch-justifiable as you might think. Assume that you are now both 1-1 and stop bickering, since YOU set up a stupid trap on Orange. Agreed?

Ooh, this is oddly defensive, Webadict. You're trying to get NUKE to stop looking at you. Why might you do that? Why are you glossing over your own mistake and attempting to get everyone to not look at it? More specifically, why don't you want NUKE scumhunting you?

You tell NUKE to get back to looking at people. So what, we're supposed to look at everyone but you?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Also, sorry for being an dick about Dariush, but come on. The guy taunted me! He is trying to get me angry! And nothing gets me angrier than someone trying to get me angry.
Dariush uses TAUNT! It was SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Anyway, Nuke: If you no longer suspect Orange, who is your prime suspect?

Mr.Person: If Nuke is lynched and flips scum, what would that say about Dariush? And if Dariush was lynched and flipped scum, what about Nuke?

Dariush: Org would be proud.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »

Alright, perhaps you can enlighten me. What is Dariush's mythical justification for voting NUKE? Please don't answer until Dariush has had a chance to explain first.
I have no problem waiting.

wat

No seriously, wat? Not answering a question is a town action now? What justifiable reason does a townie have for not answering a goddamn question about his/her reasoning? Townise should be able to do this without even thinking about it, yet Dariush has tried to ignore me every fucking post. Let's just say Dariush has perfect or at least a reasonable justification for voting NUKE. What reason does Dariush have for not explaining that reasoning? Now let's assume that Dariush has no or a very poor justification for voting NUKE. That explains why Dariush has been silent perfectly since Dariush would not be able to justify voting NUKE.
I never said it was a townie thing to do. I said it was a weak reason to vote for someone and that you could come up with much better. If you're going to try and convince people to vote for Dariush, then you're not doing it right, as I remain unconvinced. I mean, really? Am I supposed to care that he's not answering your questions? What if your questions are stupid? All I have to base your vote off of is that he's not answering your questions. To that I say, "Why does that matter to me?"

So, yes. Your reasoning is weak. It matters nothing to me. I expect more from you.

Ooh, this is oddly defensive, Webadict. You're trying to get NUKE to stop looking at you. Why might you do that? Why are you glossing over your own mistake and attempting to get everyone to not look at it? More specifically, why don't you want NUKE scumhunting you?

You tell NUKE to get back to looking at people. So what, we're supposed to look at everyone but you?
... Yeah. Sure. I love how out of context that reply is.

Webadict.
How is this.

I was trying to get NUKE and Dariush to stop being stupid to each other. See that part you cut out of my quote? Yeah. It makes sense with that there. Because, you know, it's NOT about me.

That's a really scummy thing to do, Mr.Person. First, you lie. Then, you take things completely out of context. What's next, dirtbag?

Disappointed. If you're going to try and make me look scummy, at least try in a way that doesn't automatically fail by grabbing the entire quote.

Dariush uses TAUNT! It was SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Anyway, Nuke: If you no longer suspect Orange, who is your prime suspect?

Mr.Person: If Nuke is lynched and flips scum, what would that say about Dariush? And if Dariush was lynched and flipped scum, what about Nuke?

Dariush: Org would be proud.
Why all the RVS questions? RVS ended a while ago. Those questions aren't helpful. Get analyzing on the current data!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Webadict.
How is this.

You mean exactly what you did here, where you didn't even comment on what I had posted, much less respond to it?
Nice going, you scumbukkit.

Also, why isn't pushing for a NUKE lynch pro-town?
And by that you mean? I don't see how that's related.
You said I was pushing for a lynch. It was a pro-town lynch. NUKE has only succeeded in getting a bunch of people to jump on and attack him, which distracts them from their scumhunting.

Er. Wow. Now you're just making shit up wuba. Max was the one setting up traps, not NUKE. As if you saying that was going to get him off your back anyway.

b) would be waay too straightforward.
straight·for·ward Adjectiveˌ strātˈfôrwərd
2. (of a person) Honest and frank.
When is honesty such a bad thing in a game of Mafia? Oh right, when one is scum. A word of warning, TolyK. You're next.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear Orangebottle,

I know you can't read this as you would have to be illiterate at your level of intelligence, but I figured that hopefully, you would recognize the pattern of symbols you chose for your screenname while savagely smashing your face repeatedly into your keyboard (since you are clearly unable to type, as that would assume some amount of comprehension in you), or at the very least, someone who is keeping watch over you and cleaning the dribble off your face will tell you what I'm saying.

Er. Wow. Now you're just making shit up wuba. Max was the one setting up traps, not NUKE. As if you saying that was going to get him off your back anyway.

Unvote. I don't think Orangebottle is scum anymore, haven't for a while, but wanted to see how others reacted to the debate first.

And clearly, since I already know you have access to Dictionary.com or Merriam-Webster is lying on the shelf in your group home, I'll help you out with Wikipedia:
A trap is a device or tactic intended to catch an intruder, enemy, error, or substance.

Now, I know you must be thinking, "Dur... How he trap?" Good question! Clearly, someone that is attempting to gauge the reactions of other people by feigning continuation of an attack is attempting to TRAP someone by getting them to bandwagon.

So, you might need to take off your helmet to scratch your head as you think about this, but seriously, if it takes me 5 seconds to find the rebuttal, then you're either not old enough to own the e-mail address that your registration for your account here was sent to, or you're mentally deficient. I assume the latter. Tell the lady who changes your diaper I'm sorry for her.

Oh, and

Webadict.
How is this.

I was trying to get NUKE and Dariush to stop being stupid to each other. See that part you cut out of my quote? Yeah. It makes sense with that there. Because, you know, it's NOT about me.
If you had only been able to find someone to tell you about my previous post! NUKE is cleeeeearly going after me in this post.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RAGE RAGE RAGE FUCK YOU YOU ARE STUPID ARGHBLEARLGHALRBHRGLH-
Dear Webadict,

I can feel the hatred seeping through my computer screen. I'd send a rebuttal somehow implying that I had sex with your mother last night, but i'm more mature than that. The insults were entirely unnecessary, and...seriously? They're entirely unfounded, as I can not only form complete sentences, but I can read everything you type. So for now, I respectfully tell you to go shove a stick up your ass. Because the tree that's already up there is pretty lonely.

Unvote. I don't think Orangebottle is scum anymore, haven't for a while, but wanted to see how others reacted to the debate first.
That isn't a trap. You'd need to be mentally deficient to start bandwagoning after the wagon's horses have been all but shot down and the horse driver's missing a few limbs.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure since I would have to reread the thread and that's a LOT of work to do to answer an odd question like this. However, I can tell you flat our that unless Dariush is third or fourth on NUKE's wagon, we're not looking at bussing. You just never see people on B12 bus on a game this small. Ok, that's not 100% true, I've seen small game bussing, but it's pretty fucking rare. Without looking too hard, I'd say it's unlikely for the other to be bussing the first. Even in the "NUKE is already getting voted...", it's still not exactly likely for NUKE to agree to just give up. I can see it, but it's just not a good strategy, really. I doubt a single scum would survive the rest of the game, so frankly if either of these situations happens with a bus and I assume there isn't a bus, the odds of that scum winning are still pretty low. Somebody's going to throw enough inspections and shit around that the scum will get caught. There's no chance of double killing scum. The game's just too hard for a single scum in this setup, even if that scum probably won't be lynched or NK'd.

I never said it was a townie thing to do. I said it was a weak reason to vote for someone and that you could come up with much better. If you're going to try and convince people to vote for Dariush, then you're not doing it right, as I remain unconvinced. I mean, really? Am I supposed to care that he's not answering your questions? What if your questions are stupid? All I have to base your vote off of is that he's not answering your questions. To that I say, "Why does that matter to me?"

So, yes. Your reasoning is weak. It matters nothing to me. I expect more from you.

It's enough for me. Good thing my primary interest in life isn't convincing you to do as I so. Not that I'm not trying to change your vote, I'm just way more interested in figuring out your alignment. So I'm fine with you not being convinced.

So you agree that Dariush's behavior isn't that of a townie, yet you claim you're not convinced. Ok. So you agree that active lurking is scummy, yes? Good. Active lurking is an attempt to avoid answering questions and generally look useful. You also agree that Dariush is avoiding answering my questions. So how is Dariush's behavior better (less scummy) than TolyK's? I'm talking purely about Dariush's refusal to give me a straight answer, not Dariush's original reasoning. I'm trying to figure out your reasoning here and I'm not seeing it.

Webadict.
How is this.

That's a really scummy thing to do, Mr.Person. First, you lie. Then, you take things completely out of context. What's next, dirtbag?

Disappointed. If you're going to try and make me look scummy, at least try in a way that doesn't automatically fail by grabbing the entire quote.

Oh. Yeah, that was a misread on my part. And not even a good one since you clearly said "you" and not "us" or "we". Wow, that's just bad. Fine, you didn't make any mistake there, and you're obviously not trying to gloss over any mistakes.

However, I do have a good point in that you're taking a question aimed at you and ignoring it (IE being defensive). How exactly is not answering questions and bragging about it not "lynch justifiable"? That's kind of scummy since townies should be able to answer all questons posed at them due to forming a coherent opinion. Lynching the guy who can't form the coherent opinion is the very definition of the guy to lynch. Hell, you're voting TolyK because TolyK has trouble forming an opinion in the form of never forming one to begin with. I'm voting Dariush for lack of opinion due to not having one he can justify and also for not answering questions aimed at him. How is TolyK scum and Dariush not scum? Your stance here makes no sense, and when NUKE asks you to explain it, you just say "You're wrong, now both of you shut up" without explaining why NUKE is wrong to think that Dariush intentionally not answering a WoT is scummy. That's pretty scummy of Dariush. You can't attack NUKE for doing something stupid and acting like it's smart while yourself doing something stupid and acting like it's smart. That's what Dariush did, literally. So please, explain why exactly Dariush isn't lynch-worthy after not answering my questions, not answering NUKE's questions, and having no reason whatsoever for voting NUKE?

Also, good explaination for why NUKE and Dariush should stop talking.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2011, 03:26:06 am »

Dariush : Missed my earlier question ?
Dariush: How nuke's onslaught on orange cand be named "quietly gliding trough the day" ? Or you had something else in mind ?
Yep, I did miss it. OB admitted to being a new player while Nuke is fairly experienced. Additionally, OB was already... softened by Max's questioning. It was a simple matter to tunnel the rest.

Now Dariush, why are you ignoring me? You haven't responded to me seriously. Why did you originally vote NUKE? We can start with that since you seem to think WOT's are scummy or some other similarly moronic opinion that's factually incorrect. Because your original vote had insignificant justification, I need you to say your reasoning after the fact, but I believe this is the second time I've asked for such reasoning. I'm getting more than a little pissed off about this, so you probably want to stop ignoring me.
Why does my original reasoning concern you? It was a randomvote because of his rant about RVS, which he overdefended, thus converting it to the real vote.

Also, why the fuck are you so commited to seeing me lynched? Yes, I missed your questions. Now come here and tell me to my face that my reasons for Nuke vote are bullshit. My current reasons, mind you, not the ones from RVS.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36