Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad, Take 3  (Read 11991 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad, Take 3
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 09:16:06 am »

So Servant Corps, the issues aside, how goes the development of the actual game?
I'm planning on updating when I actually have progress.

Ok. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:40 pm »

I have been thinking a bit about CCS. Still hasn't doing any coding yet, and probably won't do any coding for a while, but I have thought a bit about the framework of the US political system for the CCS game (since that's what I'll plan on coding first), and I want your opinions on this before I actually start doing it.
---
Also, President Barack Obama announced that he supports a free trade agreement with Europe. With that sort of proclaimation, keeping Free Trade as a conservative issue probably sounds kinda useless. So it's going to be replaced with the Political Speech issue.
---
EDIT: It probably would have been better if I waited until I actually had something to show first before posting; I guess I wanted feedback on this political system because it seems to deviate quite a bit from LCS.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:15:31 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26:59 pm »

It all seems fine.

I really like the executive order, it's a nice addition.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 01:14:29 am »

Executive order is a nice touch. I don't think cutting Congressional elections loses too much; it actually gives you a lot more flexibility and agility when it comes to balance, since you can make it respond more readily to popular opinion.

Have you put any thought to how to deal with the Supreme Court potentially lagging too far behind the popular opinion, due to the appointment process?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 11:49:01 pm »

Two possibilities:

1) Instead of the Supreme Court's decisions being modified slightly by bias (as per LCS), the Supreme Court will also consult public opinion, but to a lesser extent than the President or Congress.
2) If Congress is controlled by extremists (L+ or C+), then Congress may begin impeaching and removing Justices who aren't "on their side" (L+ Congress will slowly impeach all Justices who aren't L or L+, C+ Congress will slowly impeach all Justices who aren't C or C+). A successful impeachment will initiate a new appointment process.

(Though Congress has the right to impeach and remove Supreme Court justices, it has only been attempted only once in US history, and the reason it failed was because several representatives feared that impeaching Justices would end up undermining the independence of the judiciary.

I figure extremists don't share that sort of qualms about judicial independence.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:52:59 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

Impeachment might be a tamer way to speed up the SupCt changeover in core LCS, too--specifically amending the Constitution to deprive the non-L+ Justices of citizenship is a much harsher check on the judiciary's independence than impeaching an individual Justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]