Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone like a Minecraft conversion?  (Read 1401 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone like a Minecraft conversion?
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »

It would be a fun little project for me, as I am bored. Should I start?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone like a Minecraft conversion?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »

start with the one that already exists but is now outdated due to the expanded height limits (and tons of mc updates between that i guess).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

Make it if it's fun, release it if you want. The more, the merrier.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:57 am »

That phrase could mean like 3 different things.

1.  A conversion of dwarf fortress that has creepers and zombies and adventure mode tool creation that would be basically useless because you can't dig or build in adventure mode(but would be cool if it weren't for that).
2.  A utility like the one somebody tried to make before that converted saved DF fortresses into Minecraft maps.  I think those required a specific kind of map and had to be perfectly square.
3.  A mod of minecraft that adds various ores and minerals and stuff, changes diamonds to adamantine, changes distributions to be more like veins, and adds in smelting alloys.

I keep wanting to work on the third one, but reaaaally don't want to learn how to change the furnace interface to include a second(third?) input.  The second one alone would be cool.  But a combination of the two, were marble ends up as marble and bronze as bronze would be awesome.  and I suppose the third one isn't really relevant to this forum.

If what you meant was just the second one, which is what I'm guessing, then yeah, you should go ahead with that.  I know a lot of people would like to be able to walk around in their forts in minecraft, even if it is really simple.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »

2.  A utility like the one somebody tried to make before that converted saved DF fortresses into Minecraft maps.  I think those required a specific kind of map and had to be perfectly square.

Tried? No, it still works successfully with 31.25 and 1.1.