Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The fluffballs! Why won't they die?  (Read 13920 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: The fluffballs! Why won't they die?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:24 am »

A bit late, but you could copy the brain body part from somewhere else so attacks can hit the brain thereby killing it. Or would you have to have a head? If you do need a head then add a heart instead so it can bleed.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 07:49:47 am »

They took things over just fine... and horseapples they die just like any ruler. Funny thing. The two I looked at both picked the same civilization to flimflam. A Human Diety named Tikbo (Berry). Right shape too  ;D
My guess is they were dying of old age more than anything else.

Took out old age ^-^

Hmm, if they are normally invincible but can be killed in world gen then that might mean materials are not taken into account during world gen battles. That probably explains why elves can kill bronze colossi.

If world gen took materials into account, [SECRETIONS] could kill off civilizations - meet with the ruler, catch a syndrome and die. Going down that road, you also don't hear "caught a fatal syndrome. In a duel."

A bit late, but you could copy the brain body part from somewhere else so attacks can hit the brain thereby killing it. Or would you have to have a head? If you do need a head then add a heart instead so it can bleed.

Back on topic... you could Switch it to [BODY:1PARTBODY_THOUGHT] for brain/thought shots. Might have to remove [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT], I don't know haven't done the science.

As for the bleeding, just tagging in a heart might not do it. It doesn't have blood as built, so blood, heart, and probably that the heart has major arteries would need to be added.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 08:57:32 am »

Why not rename the fluffballs to Wisps? You have a creature that no weapon made by mortal hands can harm, that can carry on the burden of fire for eternity and that can cause a shockwave on the earth (dust).

Or you could add in a body part that would mean their death when destroyed/hacked off (soulstone or core?)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:21 am »

If you want something to die by getting hit in a THOUGHT bodypart the [NO_THOUGHT_CENTRE_FOR_MOVEMENT] has to be removed, Also said THOUGHT bodypart also has to have [FUNCTIONAL] on its tissue (Brain tissue is functional, skin is not)

EDIT: I did alot of !!SICENCE!! in this department, My mod has things that need a special kill spot
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:41:42 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:37 pm »

Urist McButcher:  Look, I know the fluffball population is getting out of hand, but I can't just kill them!
Urist McMayor:  What do you mean, "can't just kill them?"  They're tiny balls of fluff!  How hard can it be?
Urist McButcher:  Nothing works!  Axes, bolts, hammers, swords, not even magma can kill them!  Anyway, they're so adorable...
Urist McMayor:  Get it together man!  We have ten times more fluffballs than dwarves now!  If you don't act now, it'll be too late!
Urist McButcher:  But what can I do?
Urist McMayor:  *whispers something to Urist McButcher*
Urist McButcher:  What!?  But... that's insane!  I could never do that!
Urist McMayor:  I know, and I hate to ask this of anyone, but it's all we have left.
Urist McButcher:  Okay...  Here goes...  (to fluffballs)  Excuse me, could you all die?  P-please?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:36 pm »

Urist McButcher:  Look, I know the fluffball population is getting out of hand, but I can't just kill them!
Urist McMayor:  What do you mean, "can't just kill them?"  They're tiny balls of fluff!  How hard can it be?
Urist McButcher:  Nothing works!  Axes, bolts, hammers, swords, not even magma can kill them!  Anyway, they're so adorable...
Urist McMayor:  Get it together man!  We have ten times more fluffballs than dwarves now!  If you don't act now, it'll be too late!
Urist McButcher:  But what can I do?
Urist McMayor:  *whispers something to Urist McButcher*
Urist McButcher:  What!?  But... that's insane!  I could never do that!
Urist McMayor:  I know, and I hate to ask this of anyone, but it's all we have left.
Urist McButcher:  Okay...  Here goes...  (to fluffballs)  Excuse me, could you all die?  P-please?
Fluffball McFluffeh: Okey Dokey! *die*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »

I'm so getting this. I'm taking out milking, however.

I'd rather not have my dwarves milk fuzzles tribbles.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:57 pm »

But then you won't be able to ask, nay, demand that the caravans appease you by bringing endless supplies of fluff milk and fluff cheese!

Actually, I haven't been able to milk any of the fluffballs in my fort.  I think it's because I immediately train them for war as soon as they mature.  The caravans have no trouble with it, and they occasionally bring things like "fluffball weavers" and stuff, which is hilarious.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 05:35:37 am »

Hahaha hey, thats my featherball mod creature. Figures you cant kill it because I kinda made it that way :P They are made entirely out of 'feather' tissue, which makes all attacks just harmlessly pass through it. So even if you gave its single bodypart a 'thought' token it still wouldnt matter much.

Anyway, I just made this for testing purposes to see if a featherly tissue creature would realy be invulnerable, and kept adding stuff to it for laughs. Its good to see you found some use for it.

Also wouldnt it kind of kill all your own dwarves if it uses the dust attack in an inconvenient place?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 04:03:09 pm »

Hahaha hey, thats my featherball mod creature. Figures you cant kill it because I kinda made it that way :P They are made entirely out of 'feather' tissue, which makes all attacks just harmlessly pass through it. So even if you gave its single bodypart a 'thought' token it still wouldnt matter much.

Anyway, I just made this for testing purposes to see if a featherly tissue creature would realy be invulnerable, and kept adding stuff to it for laughs. Its good to see you found some use for it.

Also wouldnt it kind of kill all your own dwarves if it uses the dust attack in an inconvenient place?

As long as the dwarves are wearing shoes, they won't pick up the sickness just from walking through the dust.  So far, only my animals have been affected, and they just go numb or fall asleep, since there is such a low chance of paralysis.  It worked wonders on the goblin siege that I just had, though.   :P  All the goblins went after the fluffballs, which put them to sleep or otherwise incapacitated them and made them easy pickings for my military.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 12:48:47 am »

Okay, major necro here, but it's totally relevant!
THE FLUFFBALLS ARE ON FIRE AGAIN!
I added two new castes which can set themselves on fire at will.  They're still just as unkillable, and can kill a hydra one-on-one.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 12:11:19 pm »

Not just a RAWMANCER, a NECROMANCER too.

You just became the very first new creature in the next release.

(No offense meant.)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »

Well, necromancer is more of an occupation than a species.  Anyway, I had a good reason for it.  Just wait until the next release, when I'll give them all kinds of new tricks.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »

!!Science!! Fire cannot spread in a chain between fluffballs, eg.

ffffffffffffffF

where f is a fluffball, and F is a fluff ball on fire, the fire won't spread.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 04:45:47 am »

This just reminds me of Fury of the Furries! a classic game :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vD80v5PZ-A
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3