Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll To Body Jump - Turn Four - World 1  (Read 5667 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Body Jump - Turn One - World 1
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

I'm gonna update already, just because I can!
---

Derm
Quote from: The Overseers have chosen these objectives for you this turn
[1] - Stay in the same body for the entire world.
[5] - Kill someone without being seen.
[2] - Find and meet with atleast three other contestants.

"Me? Get cold feet? Nah, just a bit of a chill."
Clean some of the rust off of my rifle. Particularly any near places which would cause said gun to jam.

[6] - You brush the insult off in a typical Ayers manner. Cobb seems to take this as you wanting to talk with him, and starts blathering on about various subjects. You have no trouble answering and continuing the conversation.

The motor boat speeds on, passing streets still full of rusted cars and rubble. You dig through Solomon's mind for anything on the city, but he can only give vague answers. Some cataclysm, full of Greens, it was Foster's idea to come here after work.

You have nothing to scrape the rust off the rifle with, and see that Solomon wouldn't dare to ask his co-workers about it. He got enough mockery when they saw it earlier.

Your guide begins to slow down, navigating past the islets of junk that seem to be more common in this part of town. The street ahead has been blocked by a collapsing building - atleast for your vehicle. He takes the boat to the side, where rubble has formed a natural beach.

'Alright,' he says, speaking for the first time, 'I'm gonna check out up ahead and then come back. Just wait here, alright?.'

He looks around and heads inside the nearest building. The hunters look at eachother with mocking or quizzical expressions. Solomon, not really understanding he's not in control anymore, screams mentally that they don't need the kid anyhow. Still, it's troubling he can do that much. It's somewhat distracting.

Spoiler: First Host (click to show/hide)

Next Possible Jump In: 7 turns

Shadow
[1] - Convince ten people to follow and work for you.
[6] - Take control of atleast two different bodies.
[2] - Manipulate someone to kill atleast three people

Stand up, and go around see if any of the mutants are willing to join me in the war for a better world.

[1] - You jump out of your throne and stride through the doorway in the far wall. You enter a crumbling balcony with stairs leading down on both sides. The balcony oversees a hall filled to the brink with tents and makeshift beds. There are plenty of children and their mothers in sight, but nobody you can use. Some of them regard you with curious eyes. You dig through Enn Reh's memory and realize everyone useful is aboveground at this time of the day.

There are several other chambers here underground, which Enn Reh's people mostly use for storage. You also check the route aboveground, which isn't far.

Next Possible Jump: 4 turns

Brass
[1] - Kill ten people without changing bodies.
[5] - Convince someone to follow and work for you.
[3] - Have someone else tell you the exact location, date and recent history of this world.

Proceed into the building from the rubble pile, carefully watching my bodies movements and general physique for signs of disabilities or other such things such as that. Carefully hold my rifle in a ready position, in case I need to slam someone with the butt of it.

[6] - You move cautiously towards an opening in the wall of the nearest building, trying to check for any extra disabilities you didn't notice yet. It doesn't seem there are anything else, though, and anything mental is sadly lost forever.

[6] Inside the building, the air is stagnant and humid. Your steps send years and years of accumulated dust flying. It is still too silent for your liking, and the groan of bending floorboards is the only sound that breaks it. Yet, you cannot shake the feeling that there is always someone behind you, darting just out of sight. You continue on - somewhat clumsily, not being used to this body - not really knowing where you're going. Parts of the building seem to be collapsed, and the rest of it isn't very stable either. From a window, you see a flooded street.

[1] You hear a crash from behind and swirl around - only to come face-to-face with two strangely green-skinned young men with makeshift spears. Both of them seem to carry mild mutations, presumably not too harmful. They seem pleased with themselves, grinning idiotically and poking the spears at you. They don't seem too skilled in their use.

Next Possible Jump: 2 turns

Wayne Goldberg
[6] - Successfully sudbue a mind.
[5] - Find and meet another contestant.

Check for somebody who seems sorta out-of-place. You know, like somebody who suddenly appeared in the middle of a strange world and doesn't have a clue where they are. Also mentally talk to Scarlet that I'm a rookie member of some sort of interdimensional police. Also inform her that there are criminals that have infiltrated the enemy and are intent on turning the war against her side's favor, and that I'm here to help.

[6] - You look at the two hunters, who are firing on blissfully unaware in the change of owner in their guide. They're obviously not other contestants - or if they are, are hiding it extremely well. You look at their targets down below, wading in knee-deep water. You're safely out of their reach, near a half-collapsed bridge going over them. The Greens - who, it appears, are savage mutants hunted by tourists such as the two Scarlet brought here.

[2] You open up the locks over the host's own mind, and try to mentally explain to her you're a member of an interdimensional police force, and... Scarlet cuts you off with screams and sobbing. [5] You lock her away again after a while.

The last Green finally falls, the insides of his skull spattered over the broken sidewalk. They walk over to you, snickering and seeming terribly proud of themselves. They look at you expectantly.

Next Possible Jump: 3 turns

Echo
[3] - Kill five people. 
[6] - Find another person.
[1] - Destroy the mind of a host you're in and escape to another

Oh this is just amazing. I can already achieve one objective! Have a little chat with one of my host's friends. What, precisely, got us here?

[1] - You get up from the floor and walk over to the host's nearest friend. After a while of digging, you identify him as Zach. You get the feeling your host and him don't get along that well.

'The fuck yeh looking at?' he spits before you can speak. 'Let's just get the hell out of this dump already.'

It takes you some time to translate this, and in that time he gets up and pokes you in the stomach with a pistol. Then he laughs and lets his arm drop. You're not entirely sure how Christopher would react, but he strikes you as someone who would retaliate.

Next Possible Jump: 5 turns

Davey Solomon
[6] - Kill someone.
[1] - Be in the area you started in at round end.
[1] - Manipulate someone to kill atleast eight people.

"Sure, why not ?" Try to dig up some information about her and "up" from my host mind.

[2] - You mutter in a way you hope is affirmative. The girl smiles broadly and begins swimming towards the edge of the 'pool'. You take your spear and swim after her a bit clumsily, but get there soon after her. There are clothes laid upon the floor on the above-water part of the floor, and you soon realize why. You were aware that you are naked, but didn't really have time to think about it much. The girl gets up first, and despite various odd colourings on her skin and the scar in her midriff, she is certainly lovely to look at. The girl doesn't even look at you, taking her time to cloth herself. Somewhat embarassed, you follow after digging through Domnikh's memory for the correct pieces of clothing.

[1] It seems that any knowledge about her is in the locked parts of Dom's mind. You don't even get a single mental image from her. There is nothing specific regarding 'the up' - it seems to be a generic euphenism for an upper floor.

[6] You follow her up long-dead escalators. The storefronts are empty, looted of anything valuable ages ago. The ceiling has collapsed inwards, which has indirectly led to the decorative plants overgrowing and claiming much of the floor.

The girl takes you by the arm and guides you to the shade of a plastic palm tree, sticking out from the real vegetation like a sore thumb. She smiles at you for a few moments. You're unsure of what to do, but she does it for you. The girl pulls you forward and kisses you. It leaves a strange aftertaste in your mouth, though Dom's memory tells you he doesn't find it particulary odd. She proceeds to study your face for a while, looking worried.

'What's wrong?' she asks, though it takes you a few moments to translate.

You look around quickly. You two seem to be alone on this floor - perfect if you'd like to complete your first objective already. On the other hand, it seems a bit wrong to kill someone who your host most likely cares about a great deal. But they're not real people, are they?

Next Possible Jump: 5 turns
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:50 pm »

Go above ground, and begin recruiting people saying that it is for the freedom, and rights of the mutants we will fight, and do everything we can to make it known that us mutants are the dominant species, and all who look down upon us shall fall.

((Can we stay inside the host past the jump limit, or do we have to jump then?))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »

"Feh" Derm grumbles, and kicks some rubble aside.
Scan surroundings for anything potentially useful. Also dig up information on who the kid is.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:48 pm »

Go above ground, and begin recruiting people saying that it is for the freedom, and rights of the mutants we will fight, and do everything we can to make it known that us mutants are the dominant species, and all who look down upon us shall fall.

((Can we stay inside the host past the jump limit, or do we have to jump then?))

Any mutants nearby are already your people, so I guess you'll want to travel further from home. And no, you don't need to jump if you don't want to.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 02:18:03 pm »

I meant to try, and recruit them into an army (I SHALL HAVE WAR (This will achieve my second, and third objective, so its all good)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 02:20:29 pm »

What I'm trying tell you here is that you're already their leader. They will already follow your every word (well, mostly). You can complete your third objective with them, but to complete the first, you need to recruit complete strangers. So you'll want to head to no-man's-land to recruit homeless mutants.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:27 pm »

What I'm trying tell you here is that you're already their leader. They will already follow your every word (well, mostly). You can complete your third objective with them, but to complete the first, you need to recruit complete strangers. So you'll want to head to no-man's-land to recruit homeless mutants.
Ok then I will just use that action to get a few to follow me, and as I go along I will recruit more mutants that we find along the way.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

Brass carefully surveyed the two young greenskins. He didn't know who they were, who his body used to be, and why the greenskins seemed to be hostile towards him. Brass would have to take it slow, and careful. One slip-up and he, or rather, his body, could be dead faster than you could say brass. Brass smiled a friendly smile and let his rifle down, enough so it didn't seem threatening, but not enough to not let him strike fast enough.
"Hello, gentlemen. What are you doing here? You two seem like you are strong and fast, good enough to be doing something somewhere other than here." Brass spoke politely, and spiced it with some compliment. That was the way to speak in a dangerous situation, Brass knew.

Attempt to speak with the two strangers, ask why they are here, etc. Be friendly and polite, and butter the words up a bit. Try to gauge how smart they are. Don't get too close to them, and of course, be ready to dodge or defend if they start attacking.

Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »

Say "There's something over there!" and point in random direction. And backstab her when she turns. I hope the audience will appreciate that...
---
There's no better start than stabbing your love in the back. Next step : Find someone to blame the murder on and hope it will turn into carnage :P I hope my host won't get berserk though...

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:27 pm »

Say "There's something over there!" and point in random direction. And backstab her when she turns. I hope the audience will appreciate that...
---
There's no better start than stabbing your love in the back. Next step : Find someone to blame the murder on and hope it will turn into carnage :P I hope my host won't get berserk though...
Jesus christ, that's even worse than my possible plans for Brass to achieve his objectives.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 07:08:12 pm »

I somehow doubt he'd be hostile, in this kind of a situation. Go along with the guy. Get the hell out of this dump. Try to strike up a conversation with the guy - a small one - along the way.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:37 am »

AWWW I MISSED IT.
 :(
watching.
especially you, adwarf > : D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:30 am »

Access my host's memories to find out what they want from me.

Then do that.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:14 am »

Derm
[1] - Stay in the same body for the entire world.
[2] - Find and meet with atleast three other contestants.

"Feh" Derm grumbles, and kicks some rubble aside.
Scan surroundings for anything potentially useful. Also dig up information on who the kid is.

[6] - You don't hide yours (or, really, Solomon's) impatience, kicking a pile of rubble with remarkable force. You quickly realize why it's a stupid idea. The other three hunters laugh as you hold your aching foot. [4] Embarassed, Solomon's mind returns to shout insults at you. You feel a presence of sorts getting larger and larger in the back of your head, but you strike back and emerge as the victor in this contest of wills.

[3] Your guide takes his time, and you strike up conversation with the others. Through insults, mockery and digging through Solomon's memory, you discover he's a local, living some distance down the coast, who you hired as your guide. He told Solomon his name, but the man wasn't particulary interested. People up here are thought to be only slightly better than the Greens by Southerners such as Solomon.

He ignores the insults and questions thrown at him when he finally returns, beckoning them to follow in silence. The hunters don't seem to care for his signs, bellowing and generally making more noise than a traffic jam. You join them - it comes naturally with Solomon constantly nagging inside your head. The guide sighs and continues on regardless. [4] He leads you through a maze of rubble-strewn alleyways and into crumbling tunnels, where you can't shake the feeling the ceiling could collapse on you any minute. You see no Greens, though you do hear running steps and see flickering shadows time to time.

[4] You find your way out of a half-flooded subway tunnel, the hunters grumbling because they got wet. You emerge to a wide boulevard that must've been quite pleasant-looking before the cataclysm here. It might be interesting to visit a non-destroyed version of this city after you've won the contest, if there is such a dimension. Solomon makes it clear he doesn't understand your sentimentality.

'They's got a den around here somewhere. The place is usually crawling with Greens.' your guide says, taking up a more alert posture. The boulevard looks abandoned to you. Your body's previous owner cuts in to boast that he could find any Greens hiding here, without this guy's help. Digging through his mind, you find that his co-workers would most likely also prefer free hands with their hunt.

Next Possible Jump In: 6 turns

Shadow
[1] - Convince ten people to follow and work for you.
[6] - Take control of atleast two different bodies.
[2] - Manipulate someone to kill atleast three people

[5] - You leave the women and children below and head up. There are two paths outside - a long tunnel, leading to the city outskirts, and the sewers, which this place is connected to. You try to look for more information about these chambers from Enn Reh's mind, but he doesn't know much. He's lived here all his life.

Enn Reh's mental databases have detailed directions for you, which come naturally to you in your host's fully-opened state. The sewers seem surprisingly clean - you suspect they've been flooded atleast once, and there's been little use for them since the attack. You're intrigued by the myriad graffiti and almost cave-painting like symbols on the walls. Digging through Enn Reh's mind, you discover each young man of the tribe makes his mark on these walls when he enters manhood. A mental image of various geometric shapes, all coming together to form a stylized sun, flashes through your mind. Looks like Enn Reh is quite the artist.

[1] You reach the end of your mental map, and begin climbing up a ladder to the surface. When you're mid-way there, there's a slight groan of metal from above you. [1] Then a louder one. And louder. The building above you begins to crumble, the shaky rusted supports finally giving away under its weight. You can do nothing but watch as the entire building comes crashing down on you. Rubble rushes down towards you, and the world goes black.

[Damage:8] Miraculously, you awake a few minutes later - covered in dust and broken stone, but alive and mostly unharmed. Good luck, there. You'll have to find another exit now. Enn Reh's mind shows a few known exits, but they're quite far away. There should be non-safe exits nearby, but you can't know what you'll find above them.

Next Possible Jump: 3 turns

Brass
[1] - Kill ten people without changing bodies.
[5] - Convince someone to follow and work for you.
[3] - Have someone else tell you the exact location, date and recent history of this world.

"Hello, gentlemen. What are you doing here? You two seem like you are strong and fast, good enough to be doing something somewhere other than here." Brass spoke politely, and spiced it with some compliment. That was the way to speak in a dangerous situation, Brass knew.
Attempt to speak with the two strangers, ask why they are here, etc. Be friendly and polite, and butter the words up a bit. Try to gauge how smart they are. Don't get too close to them, and of course, be ready to dodge or defend if they start attacking.

[6] - You speak politely and in a friendly manner, showing you mean no harm. Though you're not sure why - the gun probably isn't helping, despite its lowered state - it doesn't work exactly as intended. Instead of stabbing you, they approach to grab your arms. You put an arm up to stop them, and to your surprise, it works. They talk to eachother briefly in what might be English mangled beyond recognition.

The shorter, more muscled one says something to you, but you cannot understand a word of what he's saying. He repeats the same with gestures, which proves somewhat clearer. [6] He wants you to follow him. You relax, and then the other one flashes past, grabs your rifle and chucks it out of the window without a word. He snickers and says something to the other one, who doesn't answer. He still wants you to follow.

Next Possible Jump: 1 turn

Wayne Goldberg
[6] - Successfully sudbue a mind.
[5] - Find and meet another contestant.

Access my host's memories to find out what they want from me.

Then do that.

[1] - You attempt to figure out where Scarlet was taking them, but nothing comes up. Either she hadn't decided yet at all, or the information was locked away. You know she was their guide, and a vague map of the city, but that's where it ends. While you stand and stare seemingly at nothing, the hunters crack sexist jokes about you.

[1] - You have absolutely no fucking idea how to get from here to any of the places you do know of. You wonder if you should just take them into a random direction when the first comes up and slaps you over the face with force that sends you staggering back. [3] Time seems to slow down - you become aware of the locks on the prison of Scarlet's mind snapping as she attempts to break through. With effort that causes your body to fall over to its back, you manage to push it back down. You get the feeling it's not as safely tucked away now, though.

[2] The hunters loom over you, while you attempt to pull yourself back on your feet. There's nothing warm in their smiles. This is not what you expected this contest to be like at all.

Next Possible Jump: 2 turns

Echo
[3] - Kill five people. 
[6] - Find another person.
[1] - Destroy the mind of a host you're in and escape to another

Go along with the guy. Get the hell out of this dump. Try to strike up a conversation with the guy - a small one - along the way.

[2] - You attempt to laugh it off, but you sound more scared than anything. The youth looks at you suspiciously, and you see several other of Christopher's gang staring at you.

[6] - You move on quickly, shouting to everyone that you're leaving. It sounds both Christopher-like and very authorative, and nobody objects. The seven others in your gang - you can't connect names to many - follow you outside. A red-headed girl you judge to be about fifteen moves on to scout up ahead. You hear her curse just behind the barrier upahead. She returns with an expression of disdain.

'There's a whole bunch of fuckin' amateurs up the street. Fuckin' tourists scaring all the prey away.'

You check it yourself, and indeed, four men are standing around like fools at the far end of the boulevard. [1] Chris' mind fails you once again. You have no idea what he'd do in this situation.

Davey Solomon
[6] - Kill someone.
[1] - Be in the area you started in at round end.
[1] - Manipulate someone to kill atleast eight people.

[4] - You close your fingers around the spear and pretend to spot something behind the girl. She turns to look, you raise the spear. Then she turns back, saying what's most likely some variation of 'I can't see anything'. Her expression turns to confusion when she sees you pull back the spear. [4] Then you jam it inside her skull with maximum force. At this range, even if she was expecting some sort of attack from her love, she couldn't do anything.

[Damage:9+6=15] Her forehead caves in, then the jagged edges of the spear rip apart her brain. She doesn't make a sound, falling back with a thud. You pull the spear out, but notice her eyes are still twitching and rolling around wildly, so you finish her off by smashing her face in even more with your foot. You continue stomping until she's completely unrecognizable.

[2] There's a buzzing sound, which begins to grow louder and louder. You shudder involuntarily, and try to make it stop. Something pushes against your will, and you finally realize it's not buzzing at all - it's Domnikh's crazed screams of mental anguish. [5] You manage to push him away, though it appears you've royally fucked him up.

---

Gotta love a good, old-fashioned 'mind-control then murdering your girlfriend'.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Body Jump - Turn Two - World 1
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:44 am »

Ah yes, here come the 1's.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6