Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's play S.W.I.N.E. -Part 1 (Choosing our favourite meat)

(1/2) > >>

Jopax:
So, this being the summer and everything being boring and hot and whatnot i decided to go back to one of my favourite games.Now you might be asking what the hell is S.W.I.N.E. (it gets annoying to type it all the time), well swine is an RTT game that came out in 2002, made by Stormregion (who went on to make other similar games like the Codename Panzers series and Rush to Berlin), it was their first game and to me their best.The game that introduced me and made me love the strategy game genre.It is also free now so there is no reason not to take it (the studio had some issues with the publisher so after a few years they made the game free), the music is one of the best i have ever heard, a somewhat strange mix that perfectly complements both races, and to top it all off the graphics are still looking awesome for a game that is some nine years old.

The premise of the game is very (and i mean very) loosely based on WW2.In this world there are two races, the big and rough Pigs who have a hard german accent and the soft and cuddly (but no less dangerous) Rabbits who speak with that french flavoured english some people find sexy.After a new dictator came to power in the Pig nation (named Iron Tusk) he turns the country around to full war production and gears it up for an invasion of the Rabbit lands.There are two campaigins, the Rabbit one is two missions longer but a bit easier (the Pig one has a tendency to pile up tons of units at you as often as it can).The main difference is the starting points, the Pig one starts shortly before the war while the Rabbit one starts shortly before its end.There are also three difficulties and the only difference is the amount of damage your and enemy units do and take.

The procedure will be simple, first choose a race and difficulty, then as missions go you make the bigger decisions like what units to buy, what way should we take and all that, the micromanaging and trying hard to keep everyone alive will be left up to me.
So, without further ado, what is you favourite meat?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua:
The Pig campaign on hard, of course. Did you think we were going to give you an easy time? Heil Iron Tusk!

Mormota:
Oh Swine, used to be my favourite game back in the day. Especially because of the masterful and hilarious translation. I vote for Rabbit on hard.

Jopax:
Sorry for the delay on anything, i've had some internet problems, the update with the first mission should be up tonight, going porkies on hard it seems ^_^

NRDL:

--- Quote from: areyoua on August 21, 2011, 08:16:32 am ---The Pig campaign on hard, of course. Did you think we were going to give you an easy time? Heil Iron Tusk!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version