Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When you win the game...  (Read 4205 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When you win the game...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

I have an odd feeling that I'm the only person in this thread who knows what the Yogscast is...

@acetech: Like lectorog said, those are dwarf references, not DF references. Also, the diamond texture is the one that they use for all their Minecraft videos.

On a related note, Simon does reference DF multiple times throughout his and Lewis's YT broadcasts.

Really? I assumed he didn't know much about it since he didn't make a single mention of it while playing Dungeons of Dredmor, in which almost every other word is a reference to DF...
[Signature]

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »

He mentioned DF in Shadow of Israphel, when they were mining out of the cave under BBQ Bay, something about how the water pressure would have killed them both if they were in DF instead of Minecraft. That's the one I remember, anyway.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 07:11:43 pm »

Am i the only person who thought the song was terrible and annoying?
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

Am i the only person who thought the song was terrible and annoying?
I thought that at first, but then I listened to it a couple more times. I find it amusing; not "good," but not quite painful.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »

I enjoy this animation, but if you pay close attention you'll notice that not a single hole is dug. Oh, sure, they're pretending to hit the blocks, but the terrain remains undamaged. It's all a big lie. :(

looks like an army of dabbling miners to me  8)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.
Pages: 1 [2]