Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Has anyone noticed...?  (Read 4218 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Has anyone noticed...?
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:59 am »

No idea if anyone has posted this, but have you guys noticed how there's a game for each of the main DF races except Goblins (as far as I see)?

Dwarf Fortress - Bit obvious?
Kobold Quest - Kobolds?
Liberal Crime Squad - Elves.

How'd I get elves to go with LCS? They don't hurt animals, they don't hurt plants (except smoking marijuana, but damn, it's hippies) and they use things they hate. (Elves use wooden items, Liberals use weapons)

Has this been mentioned / Am I really right here?

(this might not be the board to post it, but it seemed like the best)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone noticed...?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:33:09 am »

Yup, elves and Liberals are a bit alike.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:45:26 pm »

Does that leave WWI Medic for humans?

(For reference, Kobold Quest is the only one to come out after Dwarf Fortress.)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot to list that one... Too bad there's nothing for gobbos.

(I thought they all came BEFORE Dwarf Fortress, but I guess I was wrong there.)
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:53:49 pm »

Not by toady, but http://www.goblincamp.com/
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:39:06 pm »

Unless my history is faulty, Kobold Quest was created to be a lightweight game using the DF engine, so that Toady could release its source code and get community help creating the Dwarf Fortress port for Mac OS X, while still keeping the main game's source code closed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:36 pm »

Indeed.

Don't you just love how the gun-hating gun users are gunning down the gun wielding gun enthusiasts to stop gun use?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »

Indeed.

Don't you just love how the gun-hating gun users are gunning down the gun wielding gun enthusiasts to stop gun use?

Especially because it works, that's something most elves can't say about trading wood to dwarves. (He he he)
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »

Indeed.

Especially because it works, that's something most elves can't say about trading wood to dwarves. (He he he)
Especially when we have our own underground supply of exotic trees that they'll never get.

And we're just going to sell them their own asses.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:17 pm »

Indeed it does, Jonathan.
Indeed.

Hehe, I love the irony in this game.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:43 pm »

Obviously, Blood Cave of Satan is the Goblin game.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »

Indeed it does, Jonathan.
Indeed.

Hehe, I love the irony in this game.
Mhm.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:41:32 pm »

Nah, the LCS is a heterogeneous group when it comes to the racial traits of its members, but elves are all white skinned blondes with blue eyes. You know, I think elves must be the decedents of some ultra racist arch-conservative humans that eugenized the fucking life out every single "non-whiteblondewithblueeyes" inside the genetic pool of their community and then got those stupid pointy ears out of countless generations of inbreeding.  :P

Besides, the LCS is only against the abuse of liberal plants and animals, it's ok to torture enlighten and murder liberate from their miserable conservative existence all the rest. ;D

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:58 am »

Nah, the LCS is a heterogeneous group when it comes to the racial traits of its members, but elves are all white skinned blondes with blue eyes. You know, I think elves must be the decedents of some ultra racist arch-conservative humans that eugenized the fucking life out every single "non-whiteblondewithblueeyes" inside the genetic pool of their community and then got those stupid pointy ears out of countless generations of inbreeding.  :P

Besides, the LCS is only against the abuse of liberal plants and animals, it's ok to torture enlighten and murder liberate from their miserable conservative existence all the rest. ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's black elves.

...Someone needs to illustrate this.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 01:13:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's black elves.

...Someone needs to illustrate this.

Wow... I did expect there would be various elves, but BLACK? (No, I'm not a racist or anything, but I never could imagine black elves... I mean, not dark elves or blood elves, but black. No offense intended to any people out there.)
There goes the idea about conservative elves... Btw, they live in the middle of a forest with elves, they hate dwarves (who live in quite a feudal region with corporations), and we call them hippies. And hippies are all liberal.

Who's willing to make an elf in DF adventure mode and go around *trying* to massacre dwarves who are racists because they hate elves (just because they are elves, Cacame was an exception... a mighty one too) and try to murder them... (Cacame was an elf turned Arch-Conservative, then elected President.)
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3