Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge.net  (Read 855 times)

Tomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • RollToDodge.net
Roll To Dodge.net
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »

I've recently made a forum dedicated to hosting forum games such as Roll To Dodge, or Choose Your Own Adventure.. However, I'm having some trouble getting the word out, and I thought maybe the fine people of Bay12 might be interested. Having a slightly more organized method of having RtDs, instead of just one sub-forum with every sort of RtD thrown into it, seems fairly appealing to me. Right now the community is rather small, but it's growing by word of mouth. So, without further ado, have a link to the forum. Please feel free to suggest anything and leave constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:24:42 pm by Tomaster »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Roll To Dodge.net
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

:-\Well, thank you for not posting this as your first post. Even though you only have 8 total at 0.02 a day... But I'm not sure people would want to migrate to another forum. We're a tight-knit community, and if my sources are right, at some point we didn't even HAVE the subforum. And yet we spawned at least 4, if not more, RtDs that have hit 100 turns. So while your site may have its advantages, just don't expect to get much traffic.

I'm actually gonna look at the sight now. :-\
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:33 am »

Ain't nothing wrong with it, I suppose, I'll shuffle over and start something.

However, in my experience, Bay 12 independent splinter forums don't usually do all that well. The Agora's dead, I'm not sure what the address is for New VN is anymore, and I haven't really stuck around the irc forums. So yeah, it'll be tough to keep it going, but I wish you the best.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • RollToDodge.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »

Thanks!
Hopefully word of mouth will spread it to other communities, and we can get more than a handful of people joining.