Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Control Elemental Forces  (Read 6173 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Control Elemental Forces
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

I'm just making patterns only I can see in the air. While floating on an invisible couch.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:16 am »

Name:Basil
Personality:Psychotic
Element: Fire
Flaw: Will rush headlong into danger, if it means a fight.
Trait: Basil is known to take a hit or two.
Other: rowdy and Dangerous, Basil grew up in a rough neighborhood. He was known for his great fury should he or his friend be wronged.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 02:09:09 am »

Interesting concept. I'll be watching and would like to be on the waitlist. But since those tend not to outlive the life of the thread game, I won't make up a character until I actually get in to play.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »

"So it is then. What should we do? Help the rebels, restore the current order? Nothing?"
Levitate myself into the air and hang sideways, as if laying on an impossibly soft couch. Swirl air around absentmindedly.

[3]
You succeed at levitation, but forget to levitate your head. It's a little embarassing!

"Who says the rebels are any better than the Caliph will be? It seems bad either way."

Make a rain shield around the group
[3]

You make a imperfect rain shield. It isn't 100 percent successful, but the majority of the chilling water is sloughed away onto the ground around you and the others on the hilltop.

"I don't really care what we do, as long as it involves death and maybe some money."

Learn from the girl and make a shell of darkness to protect myself from the rain and everything else for the time being.
[6]

You make a impenetrable shell of darkness. Nothing will get in or out, including air! Those blasted winds are ever so tiresome... Is it getting hot in here?

"We take over the rebels slowly, and use our positions to grow rich, and once we have enough power we take over the world." a strike of lighting pierces the sky, and the eyes of the man can be seen pitch black, and deep as if wanting to drown someone within that darkness. The man had a look of greed, and excitement in his eyes as he toyed with he shadows around him.

Create a Weapon from the shadows surronding the group
[4]

You make a reasonable little boomerang of pure shadow. You pack as much force in it as possible, but it doesn't develop any special abilities other than the normal boomerang things.

Oh hi guys what are we here for again. But since everyone is making shields i guess íll make one too.also i guess we should help the rebels and make them the gơd guys so that our side will win.what say you whoever has not spoken?
Make a light bubble around Shadow

(should i space it out next time or rp like that?)
[5]

You make a bubble of impenetrable light around Shadow. His enraged screams are your reward. [5] He breaks it open though, with a small effort. He glares angrily at you as you giggle at your little prank.

Yeah, you should space it out and use, well, grammar, next time. Please.

Also I am a bit curious about the time of this RtD and it's general history, seems a bit odd.

"Yes, controversial, but what kind of controversial are we talking about?". The man laughs after he says this, a rumbling laugh, like rocks grinding together, and kneels down to look at the ground, scanning it for a rock, possibly?

Try to find a decent-sized rock that fits snugly in my fist; pick it up.
((It's set some years after the events of a idea I had for a book that may or may not be writing. It'll touch on the events, maybe, but won't go into them largely. The main plot centers around the Air Elemental pulling the strings behind both sides of the Arabic Civil War.))
[2]

You not only fail to find a suitable rock, you're bitten by a mildly venomous insect and your finger begins to swell. Luckily, Earth Elementals are quite resistant to poisons and you'll be fine by tomorrow.

It is too easy to think you are doing the right thing, only to find that you have made things worse, I feel that we need to tread carefully"

Selune looks incredulously at the others wondering why they were creating shields against the rain

What types of things can a spirit elemental do anyway?
((Spirit Elementals can control the dead, see the emotions of others, manipulate the emotions of others, and revive themselves and their friends from the grave at varying degrees of power. At your greatest {After at least one death and several years of experience afterward} you can rip the soul out of your enemies. Most classes go from tiny sparks of power to Beyond the Impossible feats of pure awesome like that.))
[4]

You succeed spectacularly at looking incredulous. You love the rain!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 05:35:42 pm »

"You have a death wish you fucking bufoon are you just naturally stupid?" hisses Shadow as the shadows begin to wind around the persons feet. The suddenly stop, and withdraw as he says once more "Do it again, and I shall kill you." He then turns, and begins marching down hill.

Go search for a rebel camp.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 05:37:36 pm »

Derm shurgs upside down."This is boring. You're all boring. I'm going to go float over a city or something."
Drift off aboveh the clouds and head over the nearest city.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:18:32 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »

"MRMPH! Mrmrmermur!"
Modify my shield to allow beneficial air, light and sound through, while following the rest of the group.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 06:28:37 pm »

Orsnin stares coldly at the ground, and his finger. "Well then. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Damn insects...". Orsnin gives a shrug... then splays out his hands, attempting to levitate several rocks around his body!

Attempt to levitate several rocks around my body, and if I succeed, pick out the sharpest, handiest rock I can.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 07:07:44 pm »

OOC: All right, I'm totally lost as to what we're supposed to be doing.

Go find people in need of help?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »

"Wow he's a party-pooper. Well lets go prank someone else.He said as he pondered the mystery of the race called "party-poopers" as he was pretty sure that Shadow was that race or at least what the voices were telling him, but he would need a weapon to prank more people with before he could prankget to know Shadow better.

Enlist Clemson's help to make Holy Prank Water
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:39 pm »

"It's about the little people that are being ground into the dirt for this war, I will make you understand"

Force the others to feel the suffering of the masses, then head down to find out what exactly is happening
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »

"You have a death wish you fucking bufoon are you just naturally stupid?" hisses Shadow as the shadows begin to wind around the persons feet. The suddenly stop, and withdraw as he says once more "Do it again, and I shall kill you." He then turns, and begins marching down hill.

Go search for a rebel camp.
[5]

You fly to the southeast, looking for a Rebel camp.

You don't find any because you can't move that fast. In fact you really shouldn't be able to fly, but you have friends in high places. You politely request Mr. Pol'anan, His Destructive Elder Godness let you down. He slams you on the ground and evaporates into shadows. What an asshole.

You are immediately ambushed by a group of rebel soldiers! Lovely! [4] They hop out of the underbrush and demand you put your hands up and drop any weapons. [5] You explain that you are your weapon. They take you at your word and keep their rifles aimed at your head. Ah, meyou.

You are suddenly struck with every emotion on the planet. [6] You think quickly, and use those emotions to latch into the heads of the populace, including the rebels holding you captive! You'll be able to manipulate their minds now, but they won't like it and you can only do so many at a time.
Derm shurgs upside down."This is boring. You're all boring. I'm going to go float over a city or something."
Drift off aboveh the clouds and head over the nearest city.
[3]
You drop out of the air. It's highly embarassing! Luckily no-one saw, and you were high enough to regain your senses and try again. [5] You regain your height easily. You don't see any cities nearby though. There's a small town in the distance.

You are suddenly struck with every emotion on the planet. [5] You survive with no complications, save a small headache.
"MRMPH! Mrmrmermur!"
Modify my shield to allow beneficial air, light and sound through, while following the rest of the group.
[3]
Nope. Your shield continues to be an asshole while you try in vain to follow two people heading opposite directions.

Elsewhere in the universe, a young girl with power over time itself beats her head against the wall in frustration. Are these the best men and women on the planet?

You are suddenly struck with every emotion on the planet. [1] You go mad from the revelation! Luckily, a lifetime dealing with shadows and Elder gods and the like means this isn't much of an issue. You'll have to watch out for penguins for now, though.
Orsnin stares coldly at the ground, and his finger. "Well then. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Damn insects...". Orsnin gives a shrug... then splays out his hands, attempting to levitate several rocks around his body!

Attempt to levitate several rocks around my body, and if I succeed, pick out the sharpest, handiest rock I can.
[4]
You levitate several rocks, this time devoid of any semi-poisonous creatures. [3] none of them are sharp, though. With a little sensing you can tell that this whole area used to be a riverbed, long dry. You figure most of the stones here are rounded.

You are suddenly struck with every emotion on the planet. You watch your comrades fall over in pain and anguish. You shrug it off, because you're a Earth Elemental and you don't feel emotion. Much. [1] At least, that's what the Alien God told you last night while you were eating chicken with Chuck Norris and Darth Vader.
OOC: All right, I'm totally lost as to what we're supposed to be doing.

Go find people in need of help?
((Being idiots seems to be the latest trend. There's a big plot but you're by no means obligated to follow it.))
Some asshat asks you to make prank water. You do so, in his face. You make prank water all over his face. Ha. Ha. Ha. You so funny.

[5]
You find a small town and rescue a little girl from a fire with your magnificent powers. She screams and runs away from you.

ADORABLE!

You are suddenly hit with every sensation on the planet, right into your head! [5] You manage to survive with no side effects!

"Wow he's a party-pooper. Well lets go prank someone else.He said as he pondered the mystery of the race called "party-poopers" as he was pretty sure that Shadow was that race or at least what the voices were telling him, but he would need a weapon to prank more people with before he could prankget to know Shadow better.

Enlist Clemson's help to make Holy Prank Water
[2]
You receive a dose of disgusting gross "water" up your nose. It's sort of greenish, thick, and smelly. You're never going to get that smell outta your clothes.

You are very suddenly hit by every negative sensation on the planet, all at once. [5] You manage to wake up within five minutes! Huzzah! There are no bad side-effects from your Mind-rape.

"It's about the little people that are being ground into the dirt for this war, I will make you understand"

Force the others to feel the suffering of the masses, then head down to find out what exactly is happening
[6]
You blast everyone who was on the hill five minutes ago with the emotions of everyone else. [4] You pass out from overusing your powers. You really oughta try not to do to much! Doing this too often could lead to your death, or worse!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »

Convince them I just want to help, if that fails use my mind control to do so

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »

Create a vacuum in front of me, and a highly condensed air pocket behind me. Accelerate in direction of village. Create sonic rainboom.

I love being the only one able to fly ^.^
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:51:00 pm by dermonster »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »

Need to find a lair-find a deep and cold enough lake I can make an Ice Fortress of Solitude at the bottom.

Path to world peace!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4