Elephants
- 4 (7.3%)
Hippos
- 8 (14.5%)
Other
- 26 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your least favorate monster  (Read 2239 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Your least favorate monster
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:41 am »

GCS I lose all my dwarfs when they break through into my main fortress :( so many dwarfs lost to the poison and caught in webs :(
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:51 am »

Water buffalo: Friggin' useless for bone carvers, and they need grass.
EDIT: Oh yeah and they kick in the heads of your smaller livestock.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:43 am »

Deadly dust forgotten beasts or demons, god I hate those guys with a passion.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 10:25:11 am »

Jabberers

I've had those damn things literally ripping nearly-legendary soldiers apart and then proceeding to attack the civillians without getting a scratch.
jabberes on my fort are pansies,they  see a webcollector,just to start running!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Cyborg Fireman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:45 pm »

Blizzard men, they are useless. A guy made of essence of ice should cause all sorts of havoc to warm mammalians. Right now, he's just a guy who grapples and fights dirty, and you can hack off more pieces of him than from a normal man. Toady needs to implement cold dangers together with the hot ones. It will come in due time.
True that!!

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

Deadly dust forgotten beasts or demons, god I hate those guys with a passion.

Seconded.  Nothing quite like having to build a section of the fortress specifically to be collapsed on an enemy rather than fighting it fair.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:42 am »

Forgotten beasts. The hilariousness of their random bodies detracts from scariness quite a bit, regardless of whether they're actually able to kick my dwarves' asses.

C'mon, enormous donkey composed of salt? Undulating winged cockroach? The panopticon is not scary, it's just wtf-y.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »

I find bogeymen pretty easy if your adventurer has a slashing weapon, their lower bodies are really easy to lop in half.
That makes one of us, Urist McHasNeverLostSeveralAdventurersInARowBecauseICouldn'tFindAPeasantCrazyEnoughToComeWithMeOrAFortWithinADay'sTravelAndCouldn'tHitTheFrikkingBogeymenBecauseTheyDodgedFromEveryAttackAndOverwhelmedMeWithTheirSuperiorNumbersAndAbilityToKillAnAdventurerInOneLuckyShotWhichGivenTheirNumbersAndDodgingAbilityIsActuallyPrettyFRIKKINGLikelyMrKnowItNone.

My current fortress is being plagued by skeletal yaks. There have been more losses to yaks than any invaders.
Really? In my one fort, skeletal cave crocs vanished after a few blows. Of course, I was playing Wizard Tower, so that might have made a difference.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:08 am »

I have to say badger boars. They're EVERYWHERE. And they have nothing better to do than to chase my dwarves around. And there in like every season but winter (winter has moose men. We're buds).
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

VikingGarland

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 03:29:14 am »

Any kind of badger.

My gods they annoy me.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:06 am »

Clowns. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

o_o
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.
Pages: 1 [2]