Athens
- 5 (23.8%)
Zaporozhye
- 1 (4.8%)
Tachibana
- 2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Play EU3, The Knights will rule!  (Read 9368 times)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play EU3, The Knights will rule!
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »

Hey!

So I've been thinking of running an LP based on a paradox game but I couldn't decide which one...so I decided why not let the community decide?

For those that don't know the Paradox games are basically simulations of different periods of history in which you can be any country. Oh and history gets pretty badly screwed up. For example in my current game of EU3 I started as Scotland, took over England over the course of several decades, formed Great Briton and, along with Norway, am colonizing Canada.

Crusader Kings starts in 1066, EU3 starts in 1399, Victoria starts in 1836, and Hearts of Iron starts in 1936 and ends in 1952. Just as a note, I have never played Hearts of Iron 3, I bought it when it was on sale and haven't tried it yet. Bear that in mind :)

Anyway, so the way this game will be run is, forum users will create a character who will live in one of the provinces, serve in one of the units or be placed in the world in some other way. Everytime I update I will tell what has happened through the eyes of these characters. So if Communist rebels rise up in London, I'll expain how someone's factory worker character was enticed to join in the rioting or how someone's shopkeeper character in Brighton boarded up the front of the shop and armed himself to defend his family.

Once I feel one game has a clear majority or voting has gone on for a while I'll start a vote over which country to be. Once that's done people can create characters and I'll add them here on this post to keep track of them. We're playing the knights in EU3 Chronicles.

Characters:

Owned by Barbarossa TSG
Name: Nikolaos Stephanos
Residence: His residence is within the city of Rhodes itself, but he is more often away on business.
Personality: Desires power, but desires money more, for both himself and the state.

Owned by Svarte Troner
Name: Volodymyr Haraktrnyk
Residence: Volodymyr has no permanent residence, he's made his way to Rhodes hoping for employment as a mercenary captain.
Personality: Extremely xenophobic and prejudiced, especially towards Muslims. Operates on an "kill first, ask questions later" basis. Religiously zealous Orthodox Christian.

Owned by Biag
Name: Bene Grassi
Occupation: Italian politician, philosopher, economist, and all-around demagogue.
Residence: a fancy manor in Rhodes.
Personality: his Venetian machinations fell apart, so he "gracefully exited" the country and came to build a new power base in Rhodes. He emphasizes an economic route to prominence for the Knights. He genuinely wants the nation to succeed, because he wants at least one of his political ventures to go well.

Owned by AussieGuy
Name: Theodoros Raptis
Residence: No permanent residence, at barracks's or camps.
Personality: An older man who has seen his fair share of battles, Mostly stoic. Doesn't really care about the Knights, only caring about gold and satisfying his hunger.

Owned by EuchreJack
Name: Lucus Alexyo
Starting Age: 13
Residence: The farms outside the city of Rhodes
Personality: Naive, brave, loyal.  Will likely join the Knights military forces, he's an easy mark for the Knight's recruiters.

Owned by Johnfalcon99977
Name: Mikheal Demetriou
Residence: Unknown
Personality: Silent, Reserved, and very Sharp Eyes. He is only concerned with his duty, and the success of his Nation.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:28:28 am by Cicero »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Your Favourite Paradox Title!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:47:06 pm »

With this being Bay 12 and all, I'm going to have to vote for Hearts of Iron 3. After all, we don't want the game to be too easy, right? The more FUN (and fun) the better.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

With this being Bay 12 and all, I'm going to have to vote for Hearts of Iron 3. After all, we don't want the game to be too easy, right? The more FUN (and fun) the better.

Haha well I guess blind LPs are kinda Bay 12's thing :) There will be losing and it will most likely be fun.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

Vicky 2! I've never seen anyone LP Vicky.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

Vicky 2! I've never seen anyone LP Vicky.

Vicky's fun. Lol not exactly well balenced but fun. And the way it keeps track of people in POPs would help with the characters side of the LP.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »

EU III is my most favorite game EVAR. Spent so many hours on my Gaint Athenian Empire.

Vicky's fun. Lol not exactly well balenced but fun.

Balancing? Dude, the British Empire is not going to be put on equal status with some obscure South African Country.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:35:54 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:27 pm »

EU III is my most favorite game EVAR. Spent so many hours on my Gaint Ukrainian empire!
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

Yeah, EU3 is awesome. And I don't mean all the countries being equal, I mean France having like 2000+ in industrial score and the English having several hundred thousand Indian conscripts conquering all of Central Asia being a little unbalenced :) Also, if I get up tomorrow and the vote is so clearly in EU3's favour than it'll win and we'll start voting on countries!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »

Vicky 2 with the Pop Demand Mod makes so much fun. Rush for Africa, huge canal building event chains, Great Wars, and general insanity. My most recent game has the Dutch and the Belgians competing with the French and British for Africa, and Norway in North Africa. Austria-Hungary formed, and Prussia became communist. A lot of other crazy things happen too.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 10:02:07 pm »

Vicky 2 with the Pop Demand Mod makes so much fun. Rush for Africa, huge canal building event chains, Great Wars, and general insanity. My most recent game has the Dutch and the Belgians competing with the French and British for Africa, and Norway in North Africa. Austria-Hungary formed, and Prussia became communist. A lot of other crazy things happen too.

That sounds awesome...maybe I'll start playing with this mod...anyways I'm going to bed now. The verdict will come in the morning!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 06:34:06 am »

Crusader Kings! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:01 am »

And the winner is...EU3! With almost half the vote :) So I'm going to work now. While I'm gone people can nominate countries and when I get back I'll post them on the poll. That gives you 6 hours to nominate your favourite country!

EDIT:

Here's a random list of possible countries I found if you're interested. A lot of these countries are actually just possible countries and don't start out existing but whatever. Best I could find in 10 minutes!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?264329-Unoffical-EU3-country-list
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:48:54 am by Cicero »

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:05:12 am »

Kongo
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 08:07:50 am »

Where is Byzantium?I was sure EU3 covered its last years! OUTRAGE!

(defeating ottomans with a one province minor is fun)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:21 am »

Kongo

The African country?  If so, yeah, go for it.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4