Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 64045 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 15, Plot's starting to form
« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

Ok guize, am spams inbox naow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2011, 05:29:40 pm »

How about you guys don't? One PM should be enough.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2011, 06:22:48 pm »

durr, sorry guys. Totally forgot about this.

Gravnoth will, er... try and capture some random fae(goblinkind, fairys, rock spirits, whatever) around the lair to do his bidding. Those who resist get eaten.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »

The Orphan

Dekoth(Nega)

"...I was never taught the ways of combat. I just work the best I can."

"We know you can use magic. This temple is drenched in it. There is no way your getting out of this, wyvern. You will serve your emir, as all do."

"I see you won't change your mind. I shall finish by business here and depart for Kej...with my family." Seffyn says wearily.

"Good. May the month be good on you."

"And as with you" Seffyn replies to the recruiter.

The recruiter turns back and leaves. You hear the noise of a camel galloping soon after.

Seffyn turns towards you.

"Well it looks like we'll be moving again...I'm sorry we can't stay in one place but life is never fair, son. Say your goodbyes to your friends and would you mind paying Abbas?"

He walks to a nearby column and grabs a small bag. Probably with gold inside.

"Bring this to him. I'll tell your sister where we're going. Don't worry about the war too much, we'll live."

You think Seffyn is just saying that to make you feel better... You've already seen your mother and two of Seffyn's children die in front of you...

BrokenHold

Nirathi(Nirur Torir)

With mother gone, you spent most of your time watching the eggs. Your friends often came into your apartments and told you about the going on of the fort. They also generally hanged out here; mother was away most of the time and you were hungry for company.

Moras seemed to be winning the game right now. 3 of Tris' Soldiers had been devoured by by Moras' Horror.

"No fair! All I got are soldiers, while you get that thing!"
"Well you should have been more careful with your pieces at the start of the game. No use complaining now". Moras replied.

Astaroth(tomas1297)

It was too cold out here...Well it was to be expected. Your barely inside the fortress. You decide to go off and explore. Eder asks you to see if they have any of the legendary Tundra Rum that is so popular around this region. Murcas just warns you to be careful of what you see and to always be aware of dangers.

The dwarfs aren't ones to allow foreigners to just wander around the fort unguarded. They assign you two guards and a guide.

They give you a tour of most of the fort. The fort is basically split up into four sections: Foreign Quarter, Production Quarters, Living Quarters, and Mines.

The Foreign Quarter is the entrance to the fort and is guarded heavily by the militia. Inns and stalls litter the place. Warehouses are located in this section as well. A grand market can be found in the centre of the section. There are several monuments and murals of the history of the fort.

The next section of the fortress houses holds the administration, workshops, pens, farms, and the main barracks. The rich and powerful live here as well in their palaces. The guide says that two dragons live in these quarters as well, a bit deeper into the mountain though.

Deeper into the mountain is the Living Quarters. The majority of dwarves live down here and it shows. There are less crowds here however, as it is still the middle of the working day. There is a park, library, school, a few temples, several kitchens, and some pools down here. The dwarves seem to live in small apartments built together in blocks. Every now and then, you find a plaza where the populace gather. Pets are often seen, usually cats and dogs.

There is a final section, however you are barred from entry. You are told that the Mines also hold a network of tunnels that go all over the mountains. They also say something about things living in the deeper mines.

(6) As you explore, you've been able to socialize with your guide. After some prodding, your able to get him to talk about his culture. The dwarves of BrokenHold primarily come from Haltath stock, that is, dwarves from the Hal mountains found in the western parts of the Kring empire, although some are of Altah and Kryalm stock, coming from the surrounding region and the hills in the centre east of Kring respectively.

The Haltath are relatively new citizens of the empire; although they have been controlled by the empire for 350 years. Only 8 years ago, were they finally granted citizenship. This was mostly due to their near-constant rebellion and their raids on their lowland neighbours. They are known for their hardiness, their independence and their love of  being part of the community. Also, they are known for their stubbornness and unwillingness to forgive. They don't organize their selves into families, rather all children are taken cared of by the community as a whole. A dwarf may never know his or her parents.

The Altah are more...solemn and silent than the Haltath. They are accepting of changes and are pragmatic in many things. Survival is their usual goal. They aren't used to being in large populations and most of their groups number around 10-60. They are however the original makers of Tundra Spirits. Most Altah are born into hostile environments and with little aid. They are usually good at tracking and dealing with the environment. They have never caused much trouble for the empire; they accept changes easily but when pushed, they are known to go on huge warpaths.

The Kryalm have largely mixed in with the main Kring culture. They were originally herders who decided to live above-ground. They were assimilated into the empire early in its history but many Kryalm retain their values. The Kryalm often form strong pacts with their families and friends. Teamwork is second nature and they are friendly. They are more cosmopolitan than the other groups however, and often read, dance, recite poems, and talk of the politics of the empire.

The Prisoner

Conchobar(Sinpwn)

(2-1) You are constantly watched. Every time you look, you feel...something. Coughs...steps...breaths, but never an ear, nor an eye or a body to see. Perhaps it would be best to relocate, you think.

(5-1) Auchindon was an old structurs. Even by elven standards. You knew the lower parts were mostly deserted, and away from the prying eyes of your rivals. You decide to look around down there...Eventually you find a small ruined manor house. Much of it is ruined, and there is little furniture, but it is silent and deserted. You tell your thralls to stay down here...Hopefully their movement will be undetected.

The Pack

Alterix(Alkyon)
You were tired from your journey...You feel tired and wished to rest, but what was written on the notes, you wandered. When you got home, you immediately asked mother what they said. She looked at them...and didn't seem happy at all at what she found.

"Alterix, be careful with that box. the first note simply says what it holds-it shows you knowledge of the past, but it seems to drive people insane." Useful information.

"The other one says that the artifacts were supposed to go to someone called 'Albrikt'. Nothing more."

Well that didn't tell you much at all. Perhaps people in the villages will know, you think.

Later on, you decide to rest. Years ago you had claimed a chamber in the caves to rest in. It was empty save your "bed" and the false coins you found before. You settle down to rest.

Sometime later, you feel pain along your neck and find Koraeleth right in front of you.He says something.

"What did you find? I know you've been wandering about, without so much as asking me whether you could! Tell me what you saw, and perhaps I shall let you off lightly. Hurry up, before I have to hurt you!"

Acheran(Tarran)

Home...Finally. You were tired from the trip, with all the walking and flying. The food wasn't the best either;mostly some deer, but nothing like the ones closer to home. Well at least Alterix was happy.

Now...what exactly did these artifacts do?

You soon find out that the box makes you go insane. You ask about the ring.

"Seems that it makes one assume the form of a male human. Useful if you can't use magic."

Very useful indeed.

Gravnoth(Haika)

Home sweet home. Well actually, you weren't even a bit wanting of home. You wanted to explore the outsides a bit more. After greeting mother, you snuck off to outside. You found Kefka take flight just as you got out. What was he doing, you wandered. Well you yourself soon took flight. What to do...Well you were having a hard time getting your siblings to bow down to you, so perhaps you find something else around here to serve you. There must be something down here that could serve...(5) You descent into the forest and search cautiously. You hear something...voices...of the dancing spirits. The humans called them wisps. (3-1)Perhaps with some skill you could catch one...You cautiously sneak towards the source of the voice, through the undergrowth. But unfortunately for you, your a freaking huge dragon. The wisps hear you and fly away. Damn.

What now?

Koraeleth(Yoink)

While you had stayed in the caves, your brother Alterix had went off on a journey to some ruin.

Without. Your. Permission.

He had not told you his plan; he just got Acheran and Gravnoth and left. No questions, no begging, no nothing. Even when they came back, none of them had told you about what they had found. He would go and sneak up on one of them...Alterix preferably.

After returning to the caverns and speaking with mother, you find that Alterix in a deeper part of the cave. Alterix had been staying here for ages. He left all his belongings here and had made a kind of bed out of materials he found outside. And he hadn't even asked you if he could stay here. (6) Your brother was sleeping. You proudly walk up to his bed and wake him up with your claws to his neck.

"What did you find? I know you've been wandering about, without so much as asking me whether you could! Tell me what you saw, and perhaps I shall let you off lightly. Hurry up, before I have to hurt you!"

Jaxar(Spaghetti7)

Alterix and his "band of explorers" had just returned. Gone and had fun while you had stayed here. Well, you couldn't take it anymore. The caves were a prison and your mother a warden.

You decide to sneak out one night while everyone slumbered, just to have a look at the surroundings. (3) You easily traverse the tunnels and make it to the only exit. There is a cold breeze and mountains and forest stretch in all directions.

Kefka(Firelordsky)

The moment Alterix came, you left to go outside. Your mother said to comeback soon. You nod and leave. You reach the exit and glide down into the forests below.

Filled with life, of many kinds and teeming with knowledge. You soon see a clearing, and begin to slow down. Without error, you land. Well, you decide to spend your day talking to animals and trying to understand them. (6) Well, that's somewhat insane since you know no magic at all. But you can improvise. you simply watch the ways of the animals. How the birds chirp and communicate, how the deer run at any thing that seems a threat (including you), how the moles dig holes, and how the ants encircle prey (you had to squint really hard to see that). Your overall understanding of the animals around your home has increased. As night falls, you head back into the cave and rest.

The Monster

Azkul (Azkul)

It has been sometime since mother forced you out of your home. Since then you had been raiding villages and living in the forests to survive. Well this night was no different. You had just killed another human. You loved hearing the screams. A child's scream to be specific. Well, enough of this you decide. You roar out that you'll spare the rest of them if they become your servants. (2+2) Obviously, they are reluctant, but your intimidating in form...and they would rather serve than die. You soon find out that the village is named Gurten.
Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon/Alterix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:47:34 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2011, 06:52:49 pm »

I let Koraeleth look at the box, after describing it. He can find out himself what it does if he's so interested.
Also, if he asks why I'm in here without asking him, I'll just say he should've looked around more, maybe he might've found this place first and claim it, but he didn't so it's mine. Also that I hadn't ignored him, I just knew that Mother was who to ask for getting out, not a sibling. He's not the most important one as long as mother is around, she has quite a lot of seniority over him.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:47:08 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

Send my most inconspicuous thralls to search for those who would be convinced or lured to join my cause. As they do this, I research transformation spells with the help of Felon Triffi.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:58 pm »

Gravnoth will Lay a trap, and capture some of these wisps.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2011, 08:07:50 pm »

Kill a couple of people in Gurten, to cement their fear, then go to the village to the north and try to subjugate that using the same terrorist fashion.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »

Oh wow, truly a useful ring.

...You know, It can also be used for offensive purposes...

Micelus, how close am I to Alterix and Koraeleth? >:D
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 24, 2011, 11:48:44 pm »

Oh wow, truly a useful ring.

...You know, It can also be used for offensive purposes...

Micelus, how close am I to Alterix and Koraeleth?

Relation-wise or distance?

You can see your relations and as for distance...Maybe 3-5 minutes away.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 24, 2011, 11:51:52 pm »

...Distance.

I mean, I can OBVIOUSLY tell my relations with them. But I CAN'T tell my distance.

Ah well, my character cannot intervene within roleplaying then.

Welp.

Acheran decides that, why not, put on the ring and see what happens.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2011, 01:32:25 am »

Ah. I'd almost forgotten what the outside world smelt like. Look at all those trees! And animals! And all oblivious to my presence. One day I'll show them.
One day they'll worship me.

Jaxar will circle the cave, get to know the surroundings, then return to his mother.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2011, 05:16:32 am »

Aha! Koraeleth's eyes light up. They had found treasure! A box! He knew they had been keeping something secret from him, he couldn't trust them at all, oh no.
Mother would be proud of his alertness, surely. ...Perhaps she would want this thing? He could give it to her as a present, although of course he would check it out first...
Where did it come from? Who had made it? Were they nearby? Why was his foolish little brother still talking at him?
He quickly loses interest in his brother's whining as he runs his claws experimentally over the box's surface, inspecting it closely.
Eventually Alterix's babbling gets on his nerves, and he gives a low, angry growl. If Alterix gets the hint, good, Koraeleth will go back to studying his new-found treasure, if not Koraeleth will give him a smack across the face, not too hard, just enough to shut him up so he can concentrate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:42 am »

Mom already knows of the box.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:12 am »

I don't think Koraeleth knows that. ??? Besides, I wanna work out what it is, first.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43