Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 65113 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons: Another Dragon-themed RTD
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 04:40:53 pm »

Edited my sheet, forgot to add in my 20 bonus points.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 04:55:36 pm »

Is it possible to claim open spots, since it appears spot 10 is empty? If it is possible, then I claim it, and will make mine IMMEDIATLY.

[EDIT:]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:46:22 pm by Nega »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 05:53:58 pm »

sorry for lateness my father had to drag me into a Millionaire game on Facebook
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:04:20 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:02 pm »

So did you want the hidden effects or the intelligence boost? Only one.
Intelligence. I edited my sheet.

Surprised this hasn't started yet. >_>

edit: By the way, you probably want to keep our character sheets in the OP.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:58:15 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 12:57:42 am »

Wait, what? I thought you said I got a reserve. And you didn't even PM me. I was looking for this game.

:|

Anyway, I have several possible settings from my own game. Here, pick your favorite everyone.

Spoiler: Scenarios (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 01:01:57 am »

Perfect Earth, because it sounds like the average high fantasy. Don't really want this to be GRIMDARK.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 01:11:11 am »

Sorry for having taking so long to start; I had school. Imma gonna to start on the turn now. Oh and Tarran, you get the Bonus Slot, I'll be doing 11 players. I sincerely hope some of you die.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 01:12:01 am »

Wait! If I'm getting in, let me get a dragon out first!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:03 am »

I'm good with perfect earth or tensions, if we go with those scenarios.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:00 am »

Perfect Earth or Tensions for me, too. :) Or whatever Micelus wants, mainly!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 01:30:17 am »

Actually, I've thought of a setting and world. Suffice to say, I hope some of you die. Off to the main forum and roleplaying forum while Tarran makes a dragon.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:04 am »

Off to the main forum and roleplaying forum while Tarran makes a dragon.
*Ties rope around Micelus and drags him back to the thread*

Name: Acheran
Body:
  Head: Standard
  Horns: Small horns
  Claws: Normal claws
  Scale Color: Brown
  Body length: Standard
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Mace end
  Breath: None.
Stats: ((Pluses or minuses are from the body choices.))
  Strength: 50+10+10=70
  Agility: 50-10+5=45
  Intelligence: 60
  Toughness: 60+10=70
  Charisma: 50+5=55
  Evilness : 50
 Intimidation: 50+5=55
Roleplaying: If you want to add roleplaying information, here's where to add it to:
  Personality: Courageous, caring, affectionate, indecisive, does what is right, flexible, unforgiving, friendly, goodwill, honest, kind, perfects, vain, reliable, self-confident, sensitive, silly, social approval required, insists on own view, trusting, unselfish. --I wonder how much of a pain to roleplay this will be compared to the one in Dwarmin's RTD. :P
  Mother background: Why the hell not, jump on the bandwagon. Yoink's mother. Man do I feel sorry for her.
  Father background: Acran, a good-natured brown dragon that was raised into adulthood by the prince of a kingdom, now with the death of his owner (he insists he's "just" a friend) he was set free. Acran is respected throughout the lands. However, he is now being more inactive with the world around him.

Body: Boring.

Good personality: Boring.

Bad things with good personality: Might actually be interesting!

Anyway, goddamn what the hell everyone is taking the same mother. :o I wouldn't like to imagine what her life would be like having a bunch of random dragons mate with her merely days after each-other. :P

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:06 am »

Off to the main forum and roleplaying forum while Tarran makes a dragon.
*Ties rope around Micelus and drags him back to the thread*

*Cuts rope with knife and ties up Tarran with chains*

"Ah good now thats over with, I welcome you to the game. Perhaps you'll live"

Anyway I was gonna update my godgame, but I'll do this first. And yeah, I imagine your mother is a slut/slave/emotionally unstable, or some dragons go into breeding seasons.

*Micelus  withdraws from society...*
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 03:14:42 am »

Utterly useless lore

The Pack

Koraeleth, Gravnoth, Kefka, Jaxar, Azkul, Alterix, Acheran

[5] She laid her eggs in the lair she called home...She had fled her persecutors and had found a many a mate to give her their essence, some great, some weak, all dragons however. Of different breeds, and of different kinds, with their essence she would raise a most valiant clutch, a pack.

Several months later...

Koraeleth (Yoink)

It was time. You knew it was time to break your shell, time to see the world beyond your prison, every bone and liquid in your small body was at work, breaking this shell that was home.

Soon you do break it and you make your first breath...You are the colour of blood, magma, war...life.

You are surrounded by other eggs, all starting to hatch. You are the first.

The lair which was now home was a great and huge cave...torches were on the walls and some shiny stuff surrounded your nest.

Gravnoth Terrorbelly

You wanted to leave. Now. Your home was cramped, your feet were hurting. your head felt like exploding. with some effort, you break the shell and see the world for the first time...You are hungry. Very hungry.

Your body was made for battle and combat. Many shall die to end your hunger, in time...

You are surrounded by other eggs, all starting to hatch. You are not firstborn however, another has been born first; a red drake.

The lair which was now home was a great and huge cave...torches were on the walls and treasures of jewels, gold, and writings surround you...No food though (unless you counted your siblings), which was all that mattered.

Kefka (Firelordsky)

Break! Break! Break the bloody shell! This was no place for a creature of your grace! The shell! The shell! Its all in many pieces!

You break the shell at the same time as two others; a chromatic one ( like you!) and a black one (not like you...). Two other dragons have already hatched.

The lair which was now home (and unfortunately reminded you of a shell) was a great and huge shel- cave...yes a cave...fires were on the walls and treasures of great beauty and some other stuff of with little markings on them...

Jaxar

For such a long time, this egg has been home. It gave you food and rest, but now it must be destroyed. It was time to leave these confines...and seek more...

The shell broke as soon as two others. A chromatic  sibling of yours, and another with scales as black as...well as black as something. As stupid as your brother looked, he was more interesting to look upon than the black one...or the red and green ones.

This new world was also a prison of sorts. It was large, endless, and filled with great things, but no exit withing your sight.

Azkul (Azkul)

BREAK! BREAK! CRACK EGG!

You smash the egg with your horns, and see a sight of interest. Two other dragons, with skin chromatic. Such a sight, such pretty things to play with...or eat...

You look higher and try to crack this shell...But its too high up and instead you decide to look around...Two other dragons have already hatched. Shiny stuff you can see near by.

In another nest, not too far from the first nest, two other eggs were being hatched by a mother dragon...

Alterix (Aklyon)

"Hatch little one...you are my hopes and dreams..."

You hear the voice again, it calmed you...it called you...Perhaps it was time to leave this home.

The shell broke and you saw the source of the voice. It was a great dragon, of dark blue scales and smooth features. She spoke

"Ah my child, my good little child! How have I waited for you and your siblings to hatch! Blessed I be, you have chrome scales! I shall name you...Alterix"

She then turns toward the other egg, which had hatched along with you.

Acheran (Tarran)

"Hatch little one...you are my hopes and dreams..."

That voice had spoken so many times...Perhaps it was time to hatch? Yes, yes it was...But it was so nice here in the shell...Then again all the yolk had been eaten...Might as well come out.

You nudged your way through the egg and finally see the source of the voice. It was your mother, you knew. She had blue scales and was all smooth.

She turned towards you...

"Ah another boy! You two shall grow close for you were my second batch...You would've had a sister but.." She looks about to break up but, she smiles at you and says

"You shall be known as Acheran, ok? I'll see if your siblings have hatched. Stay here."

She leaves you two for now.

You and your twin look around and notice that your in a small alcove with tapestries on three sides. The only thing you see besides your twin and the tapestries is a torch and two corridors.

The Outcast

Astaroth (tomas1297)

[5]
"Wake...awaken...son...BREAK!"

You hear the words...Those words had always sounded so impatient and so angry, but it had been the only stimuli for so long...And you felt it move your egg from time to time...Perhaps it was best to leave the shell?

You break the shell. It takes some time but you do. You see you protector and your parent.

"Finally boy, I've waited so long for you to awaken. This will be your home-He looks around- for many a year. Here, I've already found you some food."

He steps back, turns around, and picks up a carcass and puts it right next to you.

"Best eat it son, there's work to do on the morrow. Oh and your name's Astaroth. It was a name of a friend of mine. Best honour it."

Your home seems to be a ruin, a very nice ruin. The columns are damaged, some already broken. The structure has a roof of earth and their are treasures around you.

The Thirster

Conchobar (Sinpwn)

[6]
You...are ready. You know it and feel it. Your essence demands it and your body obliges. You break the eggs with horns and claws.

You find yourself under a great tree; seems your nest was dug under the tree for protection. Question is, where is your mother?
You cry out and soon mother comes. You can hear her steps...getting louder and...faster. She is near. She is here. She goes under the trees roots and soon she is beside you, with a...humanoid carcass in her mouth. She gently puts it next to you.

"My dear child, you are mine. You are the blood of kings and rulers. You are the lord of this forest...When you are grown up. For now eat and grow, you shall know more later."

She lies down and looks at you.

The Smooth-Skin

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

[5]
You hear voices...

"Child please live..."
"Child don't die"
"Don't be another death..."

You hear sadness and sorrow in that voice. You must not die. However, you are without tail and claws; with so little in ways of breaking the shell you decide to just keep moving...

"Baby? Yes come on live..."

You try and try to break the egg...Soon you get tired, but then something from outside breaks the egg. You see the lights.

"Yes, see you the light, please live...please live my little Nirathi..."
You struggle in this light, but you break your shell...You feel so weak. You feel fresh meat on your right side.

"Come on baby...eat please, for you mother..."

The Two-Paths

Dekoth (Nega)

[1. In a group of 5's and 6's you sure do have the worst here. I feel really bad about this. Seriously a 1.]

"Kill the thing Arough, it will cause us harm."
"NO! IT IS OUR BLOOD! OUR LINE!"
"Pah, that "thing" dosen't deserve my blood it should be fried and fed to the commoners."
"I won't let you! Never!"

You hear battle, you hear flames and roars...But then you hatch and see for yourself.

You are in a cave, with an exit nearby...Blood is drenched towards the exit...And...a white dragon is at the entrance.

"My son...at least you live...Know that you are Dekoth my little boy, know that I would have cared for you...but..."

She never finishes her words; she has died. You are an orphan now...

Character Sheets

Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Akylon/Alterix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:19:01 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43