Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 64027 times)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 15, Plot's starting to form
« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2011, 10:11:47 am »

Dekoth just can't take this in too well. He's going to have to go into battle and fight in a war he doesn't want to be a part in. Maybe he can escape when no one's looking... but for now, he needs to do is duties he was told to do by Seffyn.

Dekoth heads to Abbas to give him the money, as well as going to his friends to say his goodbyes, although reluctant to do so.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2011, 05:05:37 pm »

Kefka will continue to familiarize himself with the animals and organisms.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »

I'll ignore the argument for now, but step in to settle it neutrally if it gets much worse. After they're done with the current game, I'll state that I'm quite hungry, have them leave the room, lock the apartment behind me, and go get food.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2011, 08:30:55 am »

Astaroth visits an inn to get some rum for Eder and just listen to rumors. He then returns to his companions to discuss the situation.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2011, 05:30:28 pm »

I just noticed that everyone posted. Will start on the turn now.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:56 pm »

The Orphan

Dekoth(Nega)

Your sad about leaving this place...it's been your home for two years and you had become comfortable here, but it's best not to dwell on these things. You leave the temple with the bag of gold and head to town. It's not a particularly long trip (you can fly after all) and you soon reach town. The reports of war being declared has made the town...Different the populace seems a bit more cautious and you can see groups of young men talking about joining the army and getting rich of loot. The townsmen are used to you by now, they don't even turn their heads anymore but a large number of them do greet you as you travel. You also hear rumours that the Emir has allied with the 12 Beys of Juran, but you discount that as mere rumour; the beys would never form an alliance with the emirate ever since the emire insulted the bey of Sadiz at a party.

Eventually you reach Abbas' house. It's not a particularly large one, but you do remember that he has a pool and garden at the back. (5) He should be home, his cart is here and you can hear his camel. You gently knock on the door and soon enough Lestris answers.

"Dekoth? What are you doing here?"

"Business with your father."

"Ah, I'll get him, can't let you in since your too big now."

It doesn't take long for Abbas to reach the door and greet you.

"Ah Dekoth, your family is doing well I believe? What is it that your father needs?"

You reach for the pouch and give it to Abbas. He opens it up and feels through the coins.

"Yes...this should be enough to cover your debts. Why now though? The debt is to be paid in 5 months."

"We've been told to move to Kej and serve the emir there."

"Oh...that's (5) well unfortunate yes, but I am going there myself to buy some goods. I'll be bringing my daughter along."

Seems that you won't be having to say goodbye to your friend yet. Well you better go and say goodbye to Hamadj...

You walk through the town towards the grassy hills that Hamadj usually travels to during the day. You see recruiters all over the town handing out pieces of paper to some of the townspeople. Must be the order to go to war.

Eventually you get outside of town and after asking for some directions from other herders, are able to locate Hamadj.

He sees you from a distance and waves towards you. You roar back in reply.

"Dekoth! Good to see you visit me at work for a change. Have you heard about the war."

"Yes...that's what I came to talk about."

"Hmm? What happened?"

"I'm to leave for Kej and join the war efforts there..."

"Oh...well we'll see each other after the war, right?"

"Maybe..."

What now?

BrokenHold

Nirathi(Nirur Torir)

Seems those two are arguing again. They always argue about the  things like who's stronger and who can "kill" you more in their games. But these things are never really serious.

Eventually Moras wins. Well that was obvious from the first two turns. They look like they're going to start another game, and as much as that would entertain you, your hungry. You tell them that you have to lock up the apartment now. They pack up the game and leave to do something else. Time to get some food.

After locking up the apartment, you head up and decide that something from the Foreign Quarter would be good. There's this inn there that makes a really good pig. They have all these little sauces too. (4) You get to the inn with little trouble but as you are obviously too big for the inn, the chefs bring out two fat pigs with that reddish-black sauce you liked. This was a routine thing by now, they even dug out a little "cave" in the rock to eat your food in. (4) As always the food was wonderful and had the perfect balance between crunchiness and tenderness.

While feasting on your meal, you see another dragon come closer. That gave you a shock since you knew it wasn't mother since he was too small. How did you even know it was a he? It's skin was also different, purple rather than white or grey! What was he doing here? Did they mean to replace your mother?

In slightly less important news, you threw up some meat. Also, the dragon's guide is talking with some of workers of the inn...He can't see you from here. Eventually he leaves.

Astaroth(tomas1297)

So the dwarves here are for the most part from the Hal mountains...Why would they come all the way here? The Altah had a good reason and the Kryalm probably came to check up on the fort...And what lives in the Mines that are so dangerous?

Interesting questions that should be discussed with Murcas. You still had to find some of that Tundra Rum that Eder wanted. You ask your guide where you could find some and he shows you to an inn. The guide and the workers and you haggle a bit on the price and then get you 3 barrels of the stuff. Eder will have to pay for this later.

(3)You don't really hear many rumours on the way, but you hear something about a big...thing being seen in the north.

With the rum taken, you head back to the caravan. Eder is playing some game with the guards. You give him the barrels and say that he'll have to pay 100 gold later on. He thanks you and shoos you away.

You find Murcas discussing with the elven caravan master, named Hemellis Marton, and a dwarf. A very rich looking dwarf.

"Ah Astaroth this is Overseer Frestag. He rules this fortress."

The dwarf looks at you and greets you.

"Ah, Astaroth. A fine dragon you are. Haven't seen a dragon like you before. Only dragons I've seen are white, grey, and black, not purple."

Murcas speaks once again

"Astaroth we'll be staying here for a while. We won't be leaving with the caravan. We've already cleared up everything with Marton hear and we'll be getting our rooms dug out soon enough."

The Prisoner

Conchobar (Sinpwn)

Your thralls sworn to obey...You only have 4 of them and only two of them would be considered "inconspicuous". (6) They soon make it back...They've brought 2 more to join you...One of them in unconscious. You find out that their both peasants.

(1-2) Your training with Triffi goes...badly. You accidentally cast the spell and turn Triffi into an ant. He won't be turning back for two turns. -5MP

You also think of a new problem: How are you going to feed your thralls down here?

The Pack

Alterix(Alkyon)

You decide to let Koraeleth look at the box. You tell him that he can find out what it does himself by opening it. He releases his grip on you and grabs the box. Well at least he wasn't killing you anymore. Ugly fool, to think you two were related. You also explain that if he had claimed this place first it would've been his. And you also tell him that you had already asked mother. He shuts you up with a growl.

Acheran(Tarran)

Well, why not try putting it on? You put it on...and at first nothing happens. At least that's what you thought. You soon see that your smaller and that you look like an old, dirty peasant. Useful in some cases, you take it off and bring it back to Alterix. You spend the rest of the day resting in your own chamber. You awake later on. You don't know if its day or night, but you are hungry.

Gravnoth(Haika)

Perhaps a bit more craftiness is required to catch these wisps, you think. (4) You get working on a trap. You cut off a few branches, dig out a small hole, and cover it up. You look for the wisp yet again. This time you run into them and force them along the path that leads to the trap. They get nearer and nearer, and they get on the exact spot where the trap was...and it activates. Unfortunately, wisps fly, not walk and don't fall into the ground.

By the time you returned, everyone one had left Mother's chamber, so you decided to lie down and rest.

Koraeleth(Yoink)

You snatch the thing from Alterix and let him go. This treasure was much more important than Alterix, yes you knew that. You touch the box and run your claws through the little lines on the surface. Smooth, yet easy to grasp.

You can hear Alterix rambling on about something, but you didn't want to listen to him. You growl at him to shut up. He complies.

The box is light in weight and made of some metal substance. You know that one of the sides can be opened...Should you?

Jaxar(Spaghetti7)

You take flight and look upon your surroundings. Forest and mountains, everywhere. You know there are animals lurking in the shadows and in the places you cannot see, but little else than that. After your flight, you decide to return home. (1) Of course, it's quite difficult to see and you crash into the mountain. You are just outside the cave.

-20 health
-4 agility
-6 strength
-5 toughness
-Trait Gained: Injured-Inability to fly. Lasts two turns.

Kefka(Firelordsky)

You continue learning about the organisms of the forests.(1) You see the mushrooms, and the little organisms. You find some moose and deer but they run off, although the moose did seem ready to fight. Eventually, you find a pack of wolves. 15 of them. They warn you away with their calls. Seems like nothing really wants to befriend a huge dragon. While on your way back to the cave, you step on a strange large insect. It's blood pains you...

You do however make it home.

-4 agility
-2 strength

The Monster

Azkul(Azkul)

Well, now you had this village under your control. Hah! You didn't know why mother was so against this, it was too easy of a thing to do, why not do it? Well it doesn't matter now, this was yours and only yours. You decide to kill three more random villagers to cement fear.(5)(6)(6) The remaining villagers do nothing about those killed they simply cry and bow, hoping not to be killed. They should stay loyal for now. You tell them that they are yours now, and that you'll be coming back later.

You head towards the village to the north...It's a long trip but you make it. (5) You land in the centre of the village, roar and destroy a few buildings as well as people. (5) Some of the villagers start bowing. But many more are running of into the wilderness and sailing off into their ships. (1) 2 some of them however are not running. Two men are fighting back. They have bows.Uggh! They've struck you!

-5 hp

(I'll do the fight next turn. Just tell me what you want to do to them).

Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon/Alterix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »

Go out and study the creatures again to see if they were just shy.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:52 pm »

Go see who  of my siblings can tell the difference between a real derenian gold and a false gold.
Keep both, give them the more plentiful false gold piece if they must have some.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2011, 08:26:03 pm »

Ooh, a new dragon! I've always wanted to meet another. I wonder what life's like outside of BrokenHold. So excited! ... I must investigate, and make sure he's(?) not a threat, though ... Maybe I'll have a bit of fun, see how long it takes him(?) to notice I'm not a dwarf.

Nirathi will cast Dwarf From and track down the new dragon. She will pose as a dracology hobbyist wishing to interview him.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »

Sure, his friends were likely to acompany him during the war, but there has to be SOME way out of this. Dekoth decides to continue the conversation, but also start to think about sneaking out in the middle of the night.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 16, Business as Usual
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »

Conchobar resists the urge to squash the elf like the ant he is. He sends one of his thralls on a great journey, to leave the sanctuary and find any allies possible, his parents, dwarves, humans, anyone who he could rely on as a backup. He sends the other inconspicuous thrall to continue recruiting, looking in the outer outposts and mushroom forest of the sanctuary. Said thrall is also in charge of providing food for the cult... Thing. Conchobar himself stealthily leaves his hideout, closely inspecting the entire sancuary for strategic opportunities when the time comes to assume his rightful place.

(I have no idea how many turns this will take, but it will be glorious.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:26:52 pm by Sinpwn »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:43 pm »

Acheran is not a baby anymore. Acheran is a... child.

...regardless, he searches for some somewhat large creature around the cave (boar, beaver, deer, stuff like that).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2011, 11:54:45 pm »

Acheran is not a baby anymore. Acheran is a... child.

...regardless, he searches for some somewhat large creature around the cave (boar, beaver, deer, stuff like that).

When did I say you were a baby? You slept in because I was trying to get the game back into chronological order.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »

I didn't mean baby in that way. I meant not a baby in a way saying he can handle himself somewhat. So thus I meant he can handle getting food for himself now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2011, 12:02:50 am »

But that's exactly what I expected you to do. To go out and find something to kill, thus progressing the plot. ;)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43