Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 64004 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 18, Direction and Snoozing
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2011, 01:44:16 am »

Astaroth tries to use his linguistic knowledge to translate the book.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 18, Memories and Insanities
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2011, 09:13:40 pm »

The Orphan

Dekoth(Nega)

War... never changes. Men are recruited, men are trained, and men die. That's how it's always been. You decide to go around the battle, less the emir's troops see you. (4) The men on the field don't bother looking at you; they're busy fighting. As you travel past them, you can see that the emirate has reinforcments just waiting for the right time to strike...The Kringi never had a chance in this battle. You continue on.

Hours pass, and eventually you find that you must rest. (3) Luckily you find an oasis to drink from, Unfortunately, some nomads are currently drinking from it as well. Well, you needed the rest, so you flew down on the other side of the oasis and drank immediately. The nomads are shocked by your sudden appearance, (1) and go for their weapons.

BrokenHold

Nirathi(Nirur Torir)

You decide to read the remains of the old records...Yeah. No other reason besides curiosity. No, it's not because of your foolishness at all!

(2) You don't find much to read, most of them are scraps...and in quite small writing. (6+2) However, you are able to make them out and soon you discover...(3) that Ger Utiy ate three roasts in one day. Eh, no wonder no one cared about this place being burnt...With little to do, you decide to mope.

(1) For a very long time. Why did that spell have to break? Oh he's going to laugh at me! What would mother say? Oh now maybe the mayor has a reason to kick me out....And now the Overseer does too!...And you continued like this for a time.

Eventually, your friend Estif comes in.

"Nirathi, I've been looking for you for the whole day! Come on, it's night time already. We have to go to the Boar's Garden tonight, remember? Olon is telling his stories again."

Astaroth(tomas1297)

(5+2-2)

Well...it took some time, but your able to understand the language a bit more...

Knowlege gained: Kringi Mastery

You go and delve into the book...(3) You read for hours and hours, but you are unable to finish it. You'll have to leave it for now as the library is closing up for the night. The librarian reccomends you to go to the Boar's Garden to listen to the local historian's discussion.

From the book you learn about the politcal structure of Kring.

Kring is an empire made up of many different nations and many more tribes. All are idependant to a degree; their rulers can make edicts and demands in their areas of supervision, but all of these are inferior than Kring itself. The leadership of Kring is made up of the Emperor, the Imperial Council, the Vastri, and the Kras. The Emperor is chosen by the Council, Vastri, and Kras among thousands of canidates who can come from any segment of the population, as long as they are a Kringi citizen and they're family has been loyal to the nation for at least 5 generations and they have moderate wealth. The Council advises the Emperor and can be given command of nearly everything in the empire, as long as the Emperor and a majority of the Council agrees. Nearly all Councilmen are Kringi. The Council usually number from 5-30. The Vastri are the non-Kringi lords and chiefs of the empire. They hold immense power, but only in their realms. They can force certain issues to be discussed. Finally, the Kras are the lowborn of the empire. They are farmers, merchants, artistians and the such. They are the only part of the Empire's politicians that are voted in by all citizens of the empire.

The Prisoner

Conchobar (Sinpwn)

Well with little else to do, you head back to your base. You once again try learning shape-shifting...(6) And succeed wonderfully. Shame that it only works for a few seconds and that it turns you into a tree.

The Pack

Alterix(Alkyon)

(2)"It was a long time ago son, the god is lost to the ages...Some say Helos, others Dren. I don't know myself."

Acheran(Tarran)

She's abandoning you...Your emotions are mixed, but you must leave...You head outside and take flight. No one has taken the offer to go with you. You set off; into the winds. Where to go...A village...But which one? Drevis' village...yes that would do for now. You follow the winds and find the village. Gurten it was called.

Things are different...Buildings have been burnt down and there are less people than usual...What happened here? You ask a nearby farmer.

(5) He kneels "Lord, please do not kill me! I don't have any trouble with you! Spare your servant!"

Strange....

"I asked what happened here."
"One of your brother came here and took this village...The black mi'lord."
"Has Drevis arrived yet?"
"No great lord!."
"Anything else happen?"
"Some dark-cloaked men have been seen around here."

Azkul's been busy since he was kicked out...And this lord thing was getting annoying.

You hear flapping...And you see the source. Azkul, your brother has come.

"Ughh...I best be off mi'lord"

The farmer retreats to the relative safety of a hut.

Koraeleth(Yoink)

"Mother!"

"Yes, Koraeleth?"

(1)"I'll be going now. thanks for everything."

Ḧ̴̝̗̟̹͇́̒͂͂A̱̼̼̤̘ͥ̾ͥ̃̇̇́H̄ͥ͑̄̈́҉̣A̞̲̲̬͇͔͚̯̔͑̉͛Ḧ̉̊͗ͭ̑͐͏҉̺̪̱͕̻̰Ä̻̞͕̯̘ͣ̌̀͜H̜̙̼͐̌̎̌̀͜Ä̡̭̺̝͚̳́H̩̹͚͙̭̗̰̠̽ͬ͌͌̂A̜̥̠͉̦̞̘̝̝ͬͯ͡

Damn him! You...decide to go outside and fly off. (5) It does wonders for clearing your head of stress...But not of the voice.

Jaxar(Spaghetti7)

Freedom! It was yours now. Your wing were still hurting, but you could fly now, at least. Time to look for your brother...Taking wing, you go. You look through the forest canopies and find no sight of Kefka. As you travel along you see a clearing...And Kefka talking to a tree. peculiar. You swoop down and land next to him. He's not paying attention to you at all; too focused on the tree.

Kefka(Firelordsky)

Well...If a tree could teleport why not talk to it.

"Hello? Tree are you ok?'

No response.

'Hi? Want to be friends?"

Nothing.

For some reason, to persist to talk to the thing...It's strange really, you hear nothing but you feel so good talking to it.
The Monster

Azkul(Azkul)

Dragons were lords of the realm, kings of the sky and emperors of land! This land must be conquered!

You demand from the villages of Fare and Gurten levies of men to fight. Fare is able to spare 15 men. They are barely armed, although some have spears and bows. The others have working equipment such as rakes, pitchforks, and hammers. When you head off to Gurten to recruit men, you find your brother Acheran in your village. What the hell was he doing here? Trying to take away your land!?

Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon/Alterix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 19, Memories and Insanities
« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »

Do we have a list of gods somewhere, or do we just find out later?
For now: Gather up my stuff and head out, looking for some more treasure and maybe Acheran if he's on the way. Use the Ring of Kevin's form if I must hide from someone.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 08, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »

"Azkul, is this your doing?" Tarran asked sternly. "Burning down buildings and killing the people of this small village? Exploiting the villagers who wish to live in peace?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2011, 09:45:53 pm »

Conchobar builds on his new knowledge, using a combination of shape shifting, mind bending and pure magic from the air around him to transform into something that could pass as an elf. He then tells one of his thralls to become a dentist. Nobody could resist being his thrall if they had free dental. Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2011, 09:50:49 pm »

Do you guys want me to make a list of the gods you'd be aware of now?  I'll just make it now.

Known Gods-Pack

Elom- God of the mountains
Jers-God of the harvest
Ream-Goddess of the seasons
Yurn-God of the waters
Bert- God of forest
Loin-God of the house
Elm-God of the night
Mle-Goddess of the day
Loro-God of the high places
Weme- Goddess of nature
Hul-God of metals
Poras-God of learning

Gofs known to Dekoth

Hemen- Spirit of the oasis
Gehef-Spirit of the sands
Lohom-Spirit of the winds
Brehim-Spirit of towns
Meha- Spirit of  metals
Jue-em-Spirit of the sun
Feb-Spirit of grass
Jehest-Spirit of high places
Hefe-Spirit of low places
Umah- God of gods
Laksh-God of mountains
Gal-God of work

Gods known to Astaroth and Nirathi
....Way too much for me to write

Conchobar

Inumberable amounts of spirits and minor dieties.
Lafa-im- God of Nature
Des-aj- Goddess of War
Ret-oi-Goddess of fertility
Sed-um-God of Thought
Oros- Creator god/goddess
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »

Conchobar builds on his new knowledge, using a combination of shape shifting, mind bending and pure magic from the air around him to transform into something that could pass as an elf. He then tells one of his thralls to become a dentist. Nobody could resist being his thrall if they had free dental. Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!

...I'm sigging that.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

That was the best possible use of a high int roll.

"I don't really want to go, but I guess I can't spend the rest of my life sulking over one mistake ... Sorry, I'd rather not talk about it right now. It was quite embarrassing."

Go down to the Boars Garden. Should any dwarves bring up Nirathi's failure, she'll apologize for being too excited about meeting a new dragon to think things through properly.
Should she encounter the other dragon, she'll avoid approaching him and try to evade eye contact. Should he initiate conversation, she'll be relieved that he doesn't hate her for her foolishness and respond. If he asks what she was trying to accomplish, shell say she thought it might have been fun to see how long it took him to notice that she wasn't a real dwarf, and that she wanted her first meeting with a dragon other than her mother to go without having to worry about offending him ... But she's not very good at maintaining a different form without concentrating fully on it.

Naturally, she'll avoid talking during the stories.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »

Koraeleth flies. Just flies. He tries to block out the voice in his head, just fitting his entire consciousness into the beats of his wings. He has no destination, he doesn't even see his surroundings, all he sees or feels is the struggle in his mind. The struggle For his mind.
"Get out! Out of my head!!" He roars, and lets loose an occasional blast of flame as he soars along at high speeds.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 08, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

he doesn't see his surroundings
This sounds like the perfect time for an avoid ramming into tree roll. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:50 pm »

It Seems I'm being thrown into this... Cool :D
So At Micelus' Request, I'm Re-posting my Char-sheet.
I've updated the personality section however because the game has left the hatchling stage however.

If you want to start me as a hatchling than disregard that part i guess :p

Spoiler: Schketz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:30:26 pm by Shiney »

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:52 am »

Attack Acheran

Not necessarily to try and kill him, but to humiliate him and/or force him to leave my lands alone.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 09, 2011, 05:13:02 am »

Aww, not even talking back? Meh.

Retaliate, using mostly biting or ramming. Also call to the villagers asking for help and remind them that this may be their one chance to get rid of Azkul.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 09, 2011, 06:20:41 am »

Aww, not even talking back? Meh.
Actions speak louder than words!
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 09, 2011, 06:26:43 am »

Until actions are not an option and you have to speak and then you realize you have a charisma of 1.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43