Other Projects > Other Games

Europa Universalis III

<< < (329/582) > >>

RedKing:

--- Quote from: Johnfalcon99977 on March 26, 2012, 08:46:22 am ---Just changed to Monarchy and formed Kingdom of Italia as Venice in the mod I'm playing. Now the entirety of the HRE  (And to an extent, the rest of Europe) hates my guts. In case your curious, there is a national Decision called "Take the Iron Crown of Lombardy" which is an alternate way of forming Italia which basically requires you to: 1. Be a Monarchy, and 2. Control Lombardy or Vassal the guy who has it. The drawback is massive Diplo hits to everyone, especially if they are in the HRE. It also only gives you cores on the Lombardy Region, and not all of Italy.

Any Advice for reclaiming my Italian Cores?

--- End quote ---
Hmm...so did the Lombardy decision actually make you "Italy"? Because if so, that would invalidate the "Form the Italian Nation" decision (which would give you cores on the whole peninsula). Otherwise, you just need to be an Italian culture group (Lombard, Umbrian or Sicilian) and own and have cores on Lombardia, Firenze, Siena, Roma and Ancona. Which is no small feat, since it means taking on the Papacy. If that Lombardy decision made you Italy, you're probably looking at having to use RM and piecemeal wars to chew Italy up piece by piece. Nationalism CB could help with that (once you have Absolute Monarchy).

Johnfalcon99977:
Since the decision did make me Italia, so I can't use the Form Italian Nation decision. Actually considering using Fabricate Claims on Naples when it pops up, but it requires that I border them in order for that to work. Also, Nationalism is not a valid option for me if I need Absolute monarchy. Its still only the early 1500's. Also, provinces take 150 years to core instead of 50, because of the mod-pack I'm using. I think I will be able to wait it out though, because I have cores on most of the better Provinces in Italy.

What I am more concerned about is the provinces I need to conquer. I do have the Reconquest CB on all the nations, but there all in the HRE, and Austria's the Emperor (Who happens to have recently Inherited Burgundy and borders me directly), and that's without considering the Legitimacy Hit I take for removing Provinces from the empire.

RedKing:
Austria inherited Burgundy?

Good game, time for a new one.  :P

Reminds me, I need to find a "no-time-limit" mod, so I can pick up my Scando-Russamerica game, because I got Austria in an unexpected PU 12 in 1802. I want to see just what would happen if/when I actually inherited. The Empire of Protestantia awaits!  :D

Johnfalcon99977:

--- Quote from: RedKing on March 26, 2012, 11:30:50 am ---Austria inherited Burgundy?

Good game, time for another one. :P

--- End quote ---

Well, not inherited the normal way. They didn't have any eligible heirs to the throne left, so they just collapsed. It was split between France and Austria, France being one of my Major Allies.

Also modding the game to extend the time limit is fairly easy, it isn't hard coded anymore, so you can just go into the data files and find the right thing.

Rex_Nex:
Oi. Playing Russia; having some issues. I am huge, obviously, but I border the three largest western countries in the world as well as two Hordes. I own almost all of the Golden Horde's land. My borders are still-large Lithuania, the Horde Khazak, the Khanate Nogai, Mega-Persia, and Mega-Jalayrids. I can take them out individually, but when one declares war (and the hordes do every 5 years) they dogpile me. I've gotten away thus far with holding out as long as possible and offering gold to all but one of the them (then promptly crushing whoever is left), but I don't think that will last much longer. I really want to take out those Hordes, but they are allied with Jalayrids.... ugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version