Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 443795 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2610 on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »

There is only so much you can do to stop a stack of 20 troops.....Wait..... I haven't tried scorched earth.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 12, 2012, 12:41:12 pm »

This is little off topic, but I didnt want to make a new thread about it.
I am planning to start playing one of the game from this series, so what game is best? I never played any game from this series, and thinking of getting one (well already have rome). So what do you people that played all of them think is the best one, and should I get any expansions and similar things (if there are any)?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »

Europa Universalis III Chronicles is the package that contains all the expansions for EU3. It's $30 on Steam right now, and it's what everyone else is playing.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Ludorum Rex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wizards and Warlords
« Reply #2613 on: December 12, 2012, 01:01:24 pm »

Europa Universalis III Chronicles is the package that contains all the expansions for EU3. It's $30 on Steam right now, and it's what everyone else is playing.

Beware that you cannot "downgrade" this version to run without Divine Wind, which means that you fx cannot run Magna Mundi. As much as a I love steam, I recommend getting EU3 from gamersgate.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 12, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »

Man, I really want to get back into playing EU3 once I get my system restored. Technically, I want to finish my CK2 Irish Empire game, then export it to EU3 and take over all of Europe. Then use Victoria II to take over all of Eurasia. Then use HoI 3 to take over THE WORLD!

...then Aurora to take over the galaxy (Aurora has become my unofficial 5th game in a GC chain)  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: December 12, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »

Beware that you cannot "downgrade" this version to run without Divine Wind, which means that you fx cannot run Magna Mundi. As much as a I love steam, I recommend getting EU3 from gamersgate.

What is Divine Wind and Magna Mundi? So this game is better than all the older ones?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 12, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »

What is Divine Wind and Magna Mundi? So this game is better than all the older ones?

Divine Wind is the final expansion of EUIII. Magna Mundi is one of the most comprehensive mods for EUIII, but isn't compatible with DW, only vanilla + NA, IN, and HttT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 12, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »

Divine Wind = Last released expansion for EU3. The expansions are (in order):
Napoleon's Ambition (adds revolutions and enhanced late-game tech)
In Nomine (LOT of new features)
Heir to the Throne (adds in royal families, enhanced casus belli, spheres of influence, and a lot of other goodies)
Divine Wind (more unique mechanics for China, Japan and the Mongol hordes)

To confuse the issue more, there's two compilation packs available:
EU3: Complete (base + NA + IN)
EU3: Chronicles (base + NA + IN + HttT + DW)

Because "complete" actually means "half-done".  :P

Magna Mundi = popular fan-made mod for EU3. MM Platinum is only compatible up through Heir to the Throne. Which means that if you wanted to play it, you'd need to either buy the expansions seperately, or get the "Complete" version and then just HttT as an add-on.

Now....if you're asking about which is the best of the entire Paradox series....that's a tough one because they all have different focus. Hearts of Iron is almost purely a strategic wargame, while Victoria is focused on economics and politics. Crusader Kings is heavily concerned with strategic marriages and inheritance, and Europa Universalis covers a little bit of everything.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 12, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »

And if you're talking about EU1+2...?

Yeah, no. The difference is like Pong vs Starcraft.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 12, 2012, 02:56:06 pm »

GRAAAAAAHHHH.

It annoys me that I can't change the defines!

I set it in the defines, that cores are lost after 70 years, but no, game still decides it must be 50 years!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 12, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »

Are you running any mods? Are you editing the core game files or copies off them?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 12, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »

Core game files, no mods.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 14, 2012, 05:46:05 am »

So from the comments I guess Europa Universalis III is better than the first two. So, should I get all official expansions, or go for the mod that was talked here about?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 14, 2012, 05:47:25 am »

That mod sucks imo. Go for Divine Wind.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 14, 2012, 05:51:08 am »

Considering pretty much every other active mod is up to date is already on Divine Wind, I'd suggest getting Divine Wind. Why hold back for one mod?

Plus, Magna Mundi already has a beta for Divine Wind: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?622221-Bringing-Magna-Mundi-to-Divine-Wind
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:53:24 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 194