Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 443715 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2700 on: January 21, 2013, 10:19:44 pm »

Yay, free EU III!  My months of subscribing to the Paradox newsletter have payed off!  With EU III, I finally have all the games I need for an epic run!

Epic run, for me, is CK (II if they can get something working) to EU III, to Victoria 2 (dunno why victoria 2 is always refered to with a standard numeral instead of a roman one), to HOI II (it took me forever to realize that Darkest Hour comes with HOI II).  I don't have, and see no reason to get, EU: Rome.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28:15 am »

Hey, so I have huge territory as the British Empire. However there is a problem, I am about double over my infamy limit and if I don't do something soon my Empire will collapse.

Would it be better for me to create vassals till I am within my infamy limit again or should I just try and take the beating?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:48 am »

Print money, spam government buildings to lower revolt risk, research nothing but government to get the next new idea and make it a reduction of revolt risk, get as high a level diplomat as you can, and revolt risk reduction adviser if you think you can.

That, or say "screw it" and try to take over the world.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 22, 2013, 10:15:12 am »

Gamey solution: Release vassals you have cores on, cancel vassalization, annex with reconquest cb.
Other solution: Release vassals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

I think releasing vassals now makes the cores disappear. Might just be the beta though.

pedrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:08 pm »

Going over the badboy even while you're stronger than everyone else is mainly a bad idea because of the dozens of rebel stacks that will spawn. A nice way to deal with BB is releasing vassals, and then granting them military access - they will not only help you with your wars but also hunt down rebels on your territory.

Also I got this code for EUIII Chronicles from Paradox which I don't need: 9BC74-BV36V-DPQEP

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:05 pm »

I like to start using vassals when I get to the point where I'm large enough that its very unlikely I'll ever use any more of my gained forcelimits. Once I'm sitting around with 100k troops, anything extra is completely pointless. I'll start to release vassals as I grow from then on, but more often than not I quit playing. I don't like the snowball effect.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 22, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »

Being the Holy Roman Emperor as Burgundy is awesome. I have a fractured France to my west, and only have the last two HRE dealies to pass. I've got good relations with most of the electors, though I repeatedly have to put down Bohemia when they absorb some of the OPMs. All my major opponents are fractured, and I've got plenty of time left in the game. The Mings are the biggest threat, but aren't immediate. They've swallowed 90% of Asia, though the nomads have been a great barrier between East and West. My war strategy has been to overrun my opponent and force them to release as many nations as possible. Since I'm not looking to conquer everything, seeing a metric shitton of OPMs doesn't phase me at all.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:28 pm »

a fractured france? thats terrible for a burgundy, it means you cant PU and get free cores as easily!

also rex you shoulda played the MP game with us, having 300k men is a lot more important then :D

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:04 pm »

I just got a cray idea.. Is it possible to somehow conquer europe as the Aztec/Inca/Maya?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:19:45 pm by Ultimuh »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 22, 2013, 02:22:35 pm »

There is an LP about one of those doing a world conquest.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 22, 2013, 02:31:37 pm »

Here's an HTTT AAR which kind of does so, getting a chunk of Iberia, and it's in MEIOU one of all things. Though it hasn't been updated in a while. Here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?498134-Children-of-the-Sun-a-Cuzco-MEIOU-AAR

There's also that Iroquois one by Prawnstar, too. Though it's a bit outdated as it's in IN. Here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?384744-The-Audacity-of-Hope-An-Iroquois-IN-AAR
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:44:16 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 22, 2013, 05:31:39 pm »

I just got a cray idea.. Is it possible to somehow conquer europe as the Aztec/Inca/Maya?

That's not that crazy. If you want crazy, then try playing as Granada (bottom of castille). Just playing as them. Try it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:22 pm »

Don't they get clobbered by not-yet-spain nearly immediately?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 22, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »

Try playing as Chimnu (?). Same setup as Granada, but in the new world.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 194