Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 443793 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2865 on: August 08, 2013, 05:31:14 pm »

As far as I know, your provinces will always trade in your CoT if you have one. So getting high-trade provinces will increase the value of your CoT.
I'm pretty sure I've sometimes seen otherwise in provinces literally bordering another's CoT that aren't embargoed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: August 08, 2013, 10:59:10 pm »

Someone PLEASE help me figure out why Bohemia doesn't become part of a union with me after accepting peace with the union option selected.

Or at the very least, someone help me figure out how to edit the save game so I can force a personal union!

They have a monarch, he is alive. I forged PUs with Hungary and Burgundy no problem. I did not declare war on them, I got pulled in through some alliance. I'm Austria, emperor. I have activated the 4th(maybe 5th?) HRE event which pulls me into all fights.

I NEED this.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:02:23 pm by Micro102 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: August 09, 2013, 02:02:45 am »

Sorry, but I have no idea why Bohemia is acting that way and I am not that knowledgeable on save editing, and know very little about editing country-to-country relations.

If you are extremely desperate, you could ask on the Paradox forum. They very likely know more than us.

If you can't be bothered to sign up there, and nobody responds here, then perhaps you should just throw that game away and wait 4 days for EU4 and start a game there instead (unless, of course, you find the changes unacceptable).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: August 09, 2013, 02:59:16 am »

Someone PLEASE help me figure out why Bohemia doesn't become part of a union with me after accepting peace with the union option selected.

Or at the very least, someone help me figure out how to edit the save game so I can force a personal union!

They have a monarch, he is alive. I forged PUs with Hungary and Burgundy no problem. I did not declare war on them, I got pulled in through some alliance. I'm Austria, emperor. I have activated the 4th(maybe 5th?) HRE event which pulls me into all fights.

I NEED this.
I said a while back, open save with notepad++, drudge through text to determine how PU status is recorded, copy code onto bohemia.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:59 am »

I NEED this.
I said a while back, open save with notepad++, drudge through text to determine how PU status is recorded, copy code onto bohemia.

I did that, and it's a mess. The code doesn't work like that. It's more like a list of everything in the game. None of which is organized by country. The best I can find is my PU with burgundy, and I WOULD copy and past that right below it, but I don't know if the spot will make a difference, or if the date needs to be modified.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: August 09, 2013, 04:13:40 am »

Well, try it after making a back-up of your save. Trial and error dude, trial and error.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: August 09, 2013, 05:02:24 am »

I NEED this.

I did that, and it's a mess. The code doesn't work like that. It's more like a list of everything in the game. None of which is organized by country. The best I can find is my PU with burgundy, and I WOULD copy and past that right below it, but I don't know if the spot will make a difference, or if the date needs to be modified.
Ctrl+f. Didn't say it was easy  :-\ .

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: August 11, 2013, 02:48:01 am »

Well, my guess was right and I didn't break the game  :D

Just copied and pasted the burgundy union code right below it, changed the country to bohemia, and the date to a day after I won the war.

Now.....I need a way to get 100 more imperial authority to make the HRE. However no one is stupid enough to try anything when you have Burgundy(the big kind after they have eaten France) Bohemia and Hungary as vassals, the largest army and income in the world, and too much free time.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: August 12, 2013, 12:03:27 pm »

So, anyone know how to remove pirates in Divine Wind? None of the methods for previous versions seem to work.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: August 12, 2013, 12:40:12 pm »

Just sit a galley in each port.

As for removing them out of the game I don't think it can be done easily.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: August 12, 2013, 12:52:26 pm »

Just sit a galley in each port.

As for removing them out of the game I don't think it can be done easily.

Oh, that's right, having a ship in port resets the counter each month in DW. My main beef was having to constantly set up and take down finicky patrol routes every time I go to war.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: August 12, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »

It also covers the surrounding ports as well. I usually have a ship every three ports. If I'm in the Mediterranean I don't bother because the computer is a huge fan of removing pirates. Also works in the Caribbean if enough computers are there.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: August 13, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »

Ok....My EU3 has suddenly started lagging like hell after loading up my game. I cannot move the camera without it stuttering pretty much every time a boat changes provinces.

The fixes I have seen don't apply to my situation, and this has happened to me before, but I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: August 15, 2013, 07:16:23 am »

So, anyone know how to remove pirates in Divine Wind? None of the methods for previous versions seem to work.

I think you can mod it so all ships have infinite patrol range, which would cause pirates not to spawn anywhere.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:19 am »

Last chance to sign up for the EU4 game!

@Micro, maybe turn down sea textures?

WRT pirates, just stick your obsolete ships in dock, one every three sea tiles. That normally does the trick, and saves you money to boot.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194