Other Projects > Other Games

Europa Universalis III

<< < (2/582) > >>

Cheese:

--- Quote from: NRDL on August 26, 2011, 02:07:08 am ---How would this game compare to say, Victoria 2, or Hearts of Iron 2?  Better or worse, any particular differences other than the time period, etc.

--- End quote ---

I don't think hearts of iron should be compared to other Paradox games, it's focused around WW2 and sort of the early cold war, while the other games are more about forging a powerful nation/dynasty over a few centuries or so.

As for Victoria, it's focused more on the domestic side of managing a country than EU. It does have plenty of war, but the wars are fuelled by the goods such as ammunition and small arms produced by factories manned by the appropriate population and fed by mines. It also has more politics and diplomacy, the former being things as social/political reform within your country that might decide who gets to vote and how much money is put into pensions and political parties, the latter being spheres of influence, which great powers can use to stop other powers and nations being too expansionist and for their own gain.

Videonfan:
I have divine wind and to stop allies just don't check call to arms allies.also if you are the leader of war you can control peace negiotanios

Digital Hellhound:
Allies have a disturbing tendency to plant 0.1 armies on every enemy province, knowing you'll wipe out their real armies anyhow. So it's kinda annoying when you want to take those two cored provinces of yours but Polotsk has decided to sit its ass on the other one just to spite you.

In DW I usually don't call anyone immediately (if attacking), but Call To Arms manually with a diplomat if I need them. You just can't trust allies.

Videonfan:

--- Quote from: Digital Hellhound on August 26, 2011, 05:52:44 am ---Allies have a disturbing tendency to plant 0.1 armies on every enemy province, knowing you'll wipe out their real armies anyhow. So it's kinda annoying when you want to take those two cored provinces of yours but Polotsk has decided to sit its ass on the other one just to spite you.

In DW I usually don't call anyone immediately (if attacking), but Call To Arms manually with a diplomat if I need them. You just can't trust allies.

--- End quote ---
True.Also know how to sig?i am still new :(

Johnfalcon99977:
Out of curisoty, whatever happened to that EU III to Vicky 2 save conversion mod? Is it finished?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version