Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 444301 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2011, 06:34:50 am »

Be the war leader, click on the country, it should be the second option. Remember that Call To Arms later in a war is DW only.

Do I have to click the enemy or my ally?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2011, 08:09:37 am »

How do I put army on boats?

I'm serious, by the way. Even when I have 3 regiments and my fleet can carry 3 regiments I can't put regiments on boats for whatever reason.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

martnim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2011, 08:19:24 am »

Your fleet has to be in open sea, not in the harbor then just move the army on top of the fleet.

In this pic, for example, if u want to board the army from Wessex your fleet has to in The Channel and not in the port of wessex

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2011, 08:19:38 am »

Be the war leader, click on the country, it should be the second option. Remember that Call To Arms later in a war is DW only.

Do I have to click the enemy or my ally?
Your ally.

How do I put army on boats?

I'm serious, by the way. Even when I have 3 regiments and my fleet can carry 3 regiments I can't put regiments on boats for whatever reason.
Are your fleets moving?  Fleets need to be stationary for you to order troops on board.  They also need to be stationary when the troops arrive in the sea province.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2011, 08:21:53 am »

Your fleet has to be in open sea, not in the harbor then just move the army on top of the fleet.

In this pic, for example, if u want to board the army from Wessex your fleet has to in The Channel and not in the port of wessex

I think that was it, thanks.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2011, 03:16:26 pm »

Are your fleets moving?  Fleets need to be stationary for you to order troops on board.  They also need to be stationary when the troops arrive in the sea province.
This isn't true. I recall many times where I've organized fleets to be moving while troops are boarding to save time.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2011, 05:36:34 pm »

I can assure you that on my computer that is quite true.  I just tested it now.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2011, 11:34:08 am »

It amuses me quite a bit that this game uses ducats as the currency because ducats were one of the smallest currencies out there during the time period of this game, about as valuable as a penny (a penny went a lot farther in those days but not that much farther).  It makes some of those silly AI vs AI wars even funnier.  The France was of Calais reconquest can wage for five years, claim a hundred thousand lives and then be settled for a payment of 12 cents.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:36:59 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:49 pm »

It amuses me quite a bit that this game uses ducats as the currency because ducats were one of the smallest currencies out there during the time period of this game, about as valuable as a penny (a penny went a lot farther in those days but not that much farther).  It makes some of those silly AI vs AI wars even funnier.  The France was of Calais reconquest can wage for five years, claim a hundred thousand lives and then be settled for a payment of 12 cents.

What would you suggest as a replacement currency?

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:06 pm »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:55 pm »

wherever you have a casus belli

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:16 pm »

That would be ALL INFIDELS, the hordes and technically I have a mission to take lower Italy, but the French would intervene.

I suppose I could just make ten more Carracks.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2011, 12:11:38 pm »

I am disappointed at how there aren't any fictional empires. Isn't there some sort of theory on what would happen if X took over Y, and formed *insert empire name here*?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »

and you can't stop france? remember that there is all europe between their cores and your cores. If you are quick enough you can grab some provinces, then just keep them at bay long enough to make them bored. Remember that invasions from the sea are hard.

Castille surely had huge problems landing soldiers on my undefended empire in the past :P and taht time, the enemy controlled the sea.

otherwise,  take ALL INFIDELS and the hordes, then go to southern italy.

I got lucky and had a mission to capture venice :P which was only defended by bohemia ( powerful, but slow. hadn't seen any meaningful army), Castille ( powerful and able to destroy my fleet effortlessly. Still unable to land enough troops to damage me), neaples ( collapsing) and savoy.... which was the leader of the alliance! making peace after annexing venice was easier than I feared.
and now I have a trade center and an huge boost of income.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2011, 12:32:21 pm »

Ok, playing Portugal, have dissolved all alliances and and refuse from having anymore. They always go to war with people they don't have a good chance against. England goes to war with France, can't touch them, Castille goes to war with England (thank god i disbanded that alliance with England), and I'm afraid France is going to go to war with everyone. And yet now 5 countries are spamming me with alliance requests while reducing their own relationship with me over and over, and at the same time trying to make me like them.

So now I have a guarantee from Castille and England, which is better then any alliance for Portugal.

Also, is Portugal's CoT dieing from stagnation normal? I couldn't figure out a way to stop the stagnation. But I figure I will just make a new one later.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 194