Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 441252 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2655 on: January 06, 2013, 01:43:49 pm »

I would hold off on it and wait for reviews. You never know when a game is going to become a quick cash throwout

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:06 pm »

They're not adding all that much new stuff - you should read the Dev Diaries on the forums (15 so far, I think) - so it's unlikely it'll be RUINED FOREVER. I don't think Paradox does quick cash throwouts, anyway (atleast the actual dev team, not the publishing wing).

Not gonna be out until Q3 2013 as far as I know anyway, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 09, 2013, 01:18:31 am »

This game is silly sometimes. Somehow, I managed to become the Papal Controller. I'm -2 Innovative, I hate the pope (relations), I've got Ecumenism, and I'm somewhat infamous.

Yet somehow, with 0 influence, I got two Cardinals and then papal controller. I beat out my equally sized neighbor with an influence of 51%. I'm planning on going Protestant too.

Also, the pope has been over the Infamy Limit ("They are hated throughout the entire world") for a majority of the game, and there's an anti-pope all the way up in Gwynedd.

(Mod is MEIOU).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 09, 2013, 01:29:22 am »

A Welsh anti-pope?  :o
I can't even imagine what their scripture would sound like. I'm betting it's not beautiful however.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 09, 2013, 01:35:54 am »

Take a segment of kobold speech.

Run it through a nonsense-generator.

Welsh Bible.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:16 am »

It's even worse when you consider that the province was under Denmark's control for 37 years right before then. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 09, 2013, 02:49:07 am »

Welsh Bible.

Sig'd

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:13 pm »

This game is silly sometimes. Somehow, I managed to become the Papal Controller. I'm -2 Innovative, I hate the pope (relations), I've got Ecumenism, and I'm somewhat infamous.

Yet somehow, with 0 influence, I got two Cardinals and then papal controller. I beat out my equally sized neighbor with an influence of 51%. I'm planning on going Protestant too.

Also, the pope has been over the Infamy Limit ("They are hated throughout the entire world") for a majority of the game, and there's an anti-pope all the way up in Gwynedd.

(Mod is MEIOU).
A Welsh anti-pope?  :o
I can't even imagine what their scripture would sound like. I'm betting it's not beautiful however.

Welsh Bible.

I fully approve of this total nonsense.
This is a blank sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 12, 2013, 03:19:23 am »

Wow, it's amazing what a little messing around with other nations does to colonization.

BRITTANY is the first and ONLY nation to start colonizing the New World--in 1609! Previously, Brittany was annexed by France. Now, they're a leading colonial power.

Meanwhile, England is annexed by me (PU), Spain is sitting on it's ass punching Mali, Portugal is colonizing random african provinces, France does not exist, the new Mega Navarra which had replaced France is being torn apart, Ireland is my vassal (peacevassal!), Guyenne is busy with its new neighbors such as the aggressive Toulouse, and Mega Sweden is busy quarreling with Mega Denmark.

Go go Brittany! Hurry before Fez puts on their Fezes and gets enough technology to start colonizing!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 12, 2013, 06:32:36 am »

I started the game yesterday without any clue, basically first time playthrough. What I've learned:
- Incans are a boring faction to play
- Wars are going to fuck you up unless 20k soldiers
- I hate rebels
- I hate no tech advancement

I'm still going to play as Incans, tho.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 12, 2013, 06:37:22 am »

Good luck with that :P.
Just try to westernise asap, and this go for centralization and innovative whenever possible.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 12, 2013, 06:44:42 am »

I started the game yesterday without any clue, basically first time playthrough. What I've learned:
- Incans are a boring faction to play
- Wars are going to fuck you up unless 20k soldiers
- I hate rebels
- I hate no tech advancement

I'm still going to play as Incans, tho.

That's like starting to play DF with no traps, no dangerrooms next to a necromancer tower with an above ground fort challenge modes. What I mean to say is good luck.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 12, 2013, 07:56:51 am »

You forget to mention playing with no migrant waves yet the attacks will only come at pop 80.
You're in for a wait :P

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 12, 2013, 07:58:28 am »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 21, 2013, 10:14:53 am »

Apearantly, Paradox Interactive sent me a mail with a steam activation code.
So now I can ALSO be on the bandwagon!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 194