Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Cancel Clean  (Read 2838 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
[0.31.01] Cancel Clean
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:46:25 pm »

My dwarves are spamming the "[enter name] cancels Clean; could not find path". Over and over again. What is going on?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Cancel Clean
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:43:13 pm »

"XXX cancels Clean Self: Area inaccessible"

The error spam shows up for pets, children and adult dwarves alike.

This appeared for me after I edited the raws to fix the soap bug (i.e. changed GLOB to BAR) and made a few soap bars available to the dwarves. I did not see this message before soap in bar form existed on the map (I also have a few pieces of soap in glob form, from a previous soapmaking run before I edited the raws).

I'm guessing multiple dwarves (and pets) are attempting to use the same bar of soap and failing (I have about four bars of soap available outside the hospital).

Edit: (Z)oom to location puts the cursor over one of the soap bars I keep in stockpiles by the well, which is why I suspect soap usage is to blame.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:58:20 am by Langdon »

Khumash-Gor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:04 pm »

I also have this problem, after creating soap.

Is there a fix? or work around?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:34:11 pm »

Make sure every bar of soap you have is stored in the hospital.  This means creating a hospital zone, setting it to take all the soap you have on hand, and building enough chests to make sure all the soap (and all the other hospital items like splints and crutches) are stored in chests in the hospital.  Just placing a soap bar stockpile in the hospital doesn't do it, you need to build lots of chests/coffers/bags in the hospital zone.  Once all the soap is locked up in your hospital the spam should stop.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.