Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dark lord RTD  (Read 13967 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark lord RTD
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:37 pm »

Where are our statuses?

Go to the top of the tower, and construct magical artillery. Sorcerers staff + lucky!.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »

"ohkay i need to make some protective stuff myself eh?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:35 pm »

Ah, screw it. Enough with banking. World-Wide revolution time.

Head to the next town, and stand on a wagon preaching how they've been wronged by nobles, and how under my leadership they'd be given all the nobles land to use for their own purposes. Remember to dirty clothing to make myself look less upper-class.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »

Order the robot to help me in making guns for our use against the world.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

Ask them what they need to do the job.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 04:57:59 am »

Screw it, just grab one of them who'd rather serve me than live on the streets. A cabal's bound to have use for unskilled labor at some point, and everyone's too busy to summon imps.

Next, find a graveyard. Investigate the... availability of its contents.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 05:35:00 am »

VICTORY! Still there was more that needed to be done...

Walk out of town and back to the tower, on my way out look for any building that looks rich and poorly guarded to raid later.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:07 am »

Sorry about the delay, was rather busy moving in. (My school starts REALLY late.) I'll have an update/statuses up in an hour or so. Possibly less.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:38 pm »

Where are our statuses?
((I'll add those to the OP in just a sec.))

Go to the top of the tower, and construct magical artillery. Sorcerers staff + lucky!.
[7-1] Channeling a rather dangerous amount of magic through your staff, you manage to replace most of the tower's roof with magical, boulder hurling cannons. They don't exactly load themselves, but as long as there's someone up here, nobody's getting in you don't want to.

"ohkay i need to make some protective stuff myself eh?"/i]
[2] So you do. Er. Not that you manage to make much progress. you got a gas mask-looking thing half finished, before scrapping it due to some... design flaws. Like the number of holes you accidently put in it.

Head to the next town, and stand on a wagon preaching how they've been wronged by nobles, and how under my leadership they'd be given all the nobles land to use for their own purposes. Remember to dirty clothing to make myself look less upper-class.
[3] You give a pretty good speech, and even get some murmurs of agreement from the crowd. they don't look particularly motivated though, and look liable to wander off the instant you stop being interesting.

Order the robot to help me in making guns for our use against the world.
[2] The robot refuses. "Not harming" was clearly higher in the priority list than obeying. Besides, you haven't taught it how to make a gun yet.

Ask them what they need to do the job.
[3] They say they can handle it. Just give them their payment and they'll get to work.

Screw it, just grab one of them who'd rather serve me than live on the streets. A cabal's bound to have use for unskilled labor at some point, and everyone's too busy to summon imps.

Next, find a graveyard. Investigate the... availability of its contents.

[4] you snatch one of the orphans up, an offer of food plenty to got him to come along. And a trip later, you find the graveyard completely ungaurded. They must not have many problems with necromancers around here.

VICTORY! Still there was more that needed to be done...

Walk out of town and back to the tower, on my way out look for any building that looks rich and poorly guarded to raid later.

[5] Why, there appears to be a Large Abandoned Mansion on a hill nearby! How convenient. And surely it wasn't abandoned for good reason or anything like that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2011, 12:10:12 pm »

Expand the basement to include a lot more space for labs, bedrooms, holding cells, and other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:19:20 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2011, 12:18:09 pm »

oh so you wont cooperate materials? i shall get what i want from you and i want an gasmask!!!
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2011, 02:13:39 pm »

Tell them that they must strike now and destroy the nobility before the gap between the rich and poor gets out of hand and upward mobility is completely a thing of the past. Also, look into the crowd for any people who are really taken with my message.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2011, 02:16:02 pm »

Shove the robot out the window, and make another that will follow only my orders, and will only not harm me

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2011, 04:52:02 pm »

OOC: Do I have enough money to pay them?

Pay Them.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 05:59:08 pm »

OOC: Do I have enough money to pay them?
Yeah, you can afford it. Barely though.
Also, paying them won't take up your whole action, you can do something else too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6