Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Dark lord RTD  (Read 14063 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Dark lord RTD
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:43:20 pm »

Hmm... I think it's time I make another of these. Slightly more complicated rules than usual though! Essentially, while success/failure is still determined by a simple die roll, skills and items do not give bonuses to that roll(Usually. Some things will give +1s, but never more than that. and even that is rare) Instead, skills give you extra abilities that can modify your roll in a number of ways. ie: Say you have the skill "Marksman". By mentioning you wish to use the skill in your post, you can take a -1 to your damage roll, in exchange for +1 to hit. (Items work similarly, though their effects MUST be applied when using them, instead of being optional)
Spoiler: couple other examples (click to show/hide)

Setup: You all are recent graduates of a prestigious academy. The place teaches everything from swordfighting to magic, and has turned out a number of successful graduates. Oh, and the faculty insists it's a coincidence that 90% of those graduates tried to take over the world. Your group in particular has received an old abandoned tower with minimal furnishings as a graduation gift. Clearly this has NO connections to world domination plans. Nope. None at all.

Bob B. Boberton/Robert the Terrible
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shargas

Derm

Ahngem

Franklin Freman

Robid Hoon

Ulspa of the house of the Heavenly Dungeons
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:06:23 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Dark lord RTD
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »

Name: Bob B. Boberton (Goes by Robert the Terrible)
Inventory: Incendiary sticks, Fire proof clothing
Skills: Pyromancer, Burn proof, Great chef
A bit of backstory if you want: Bob was a young man who enjoyed setting things on fire, he did so at an alarming rate, his fires to date cost him 3 carpets, 1 cat, 3 chickens, 8 chairs, two tables, 1 great aunt, 1 fully furnished home, and 68 suits of clothing. He came to the academy to learn to control his talent with fire, while he never liked his great aunt it was a cautionary tale. One of these days he'll vaporize someone he likes.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »

Name: Shargas
Inventory: Bone Staff, Jet Ring
Skills: Life Eater, Soul Eater, Dream Eater
A bit of backstory if you want: Shargas is a clearly human necromancer with unusually sharp teeth and completely white eyes, which obviously doesn't mean a thing. He showed a particular interest in some of the more ambitious, wide-ranging, and in some cases permanent aspects of necromancy (and power in general), which sat quite well with his instructors for reasons not relating to world domination in the slightest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:38 pm »

Name: Derm
Inventory: The die of ten thousand faces.
Sorcerers staff.
Skills:
Lucky!
Extended Elemental Eminence.
Sight2

Welp I hope that works.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »

Name: Ahngem
Inventory: enchanted vials
magical herbs
Skills:
mad alchemist
used to pain
herbalist

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:59:54 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:03:02 pm »

Name: Franklin Freman
Inventory: Gun, Bag of Scrap Parts
Skills: Inventor, Tinkerer, Craftsman
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:05:53 pm by adwarf »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:23 pm »

Name: Robid Hoon
Inventory: Bow and Arrow, Green Hat
Skills: Archery, Stealth, Learned Economist
Bio: When Hoon was a child, he would always go into the woods, and pretend that he and a band of men would slay foolish tyrants, save stranded damsels, and make the peasants lives better. However, when he was shipped off to school, he like all the other children in Nommingham had to take economics and he quickly realized that the only way the economy worked was on the backs of the poor, and that stealing money was counterproductive in the long run. However, it was during this time that some guy in a green hat and peasant clothes with a bow robbed him at arrow-point, and from then on Robid Hoon developed a distinct dislike for the lower classes. In the academy, he studied  archery and adopted a green hat just like his assailant, but he promised himself that he would steal from the rich to pay himself, and make the peasants pay for their insolence.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »

Name: Ulspa of the house of the Heavenly Dungeons
Inventory: Iron Rapier, stone dueling pistol
Skills: Fencer, Masonery, gunmen
Bio: An exiled Goblin "prince"(In truth he was the son of the now dead goblin commisar), his family was killed by some demonic bastard who wants to take over the world. He's planning on beating the demon to it, despite the fact he can't bare to see women in children in pain (for long).
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »

Well that was quick... I'll just let everyone who posted a sheet already in, maybe open a waiting list later.

*gets to work on turn 1*
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 05:33:12 pm »

Damn, just missed it...

Name: Taric Alaveri
Inventory: Two-handed Saber, Silk Coat.
Skills: Charming, Swordsman, Psionic
Backstory: A graduate that generally went around being a smartass in his classes (Considering he just stole the answers from his classmate's minds).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:38:18 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 05:59:49 pm »

Name: Nahk the lich
Inventory: Necromacy staff, traditional Necromancer Robe
Skills: Necromacy, Self Raising, Technically already dead
A bit of backstory if you want: Nahk was a necromancer then he died now he is a lich.
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »

Posting to watch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »

Could I bit waiting listed if you will have one?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 07:04:47 pm »

Turn 1:
Well, the graduation ceremony is over, and your group has moved into their new tower. It's a bit bland, and the land around it contains a few too many flowers, but it'll do for now. It's even got a decent sized dungeon and a throne room. No throne yet, but hey, details. Now, time to get to work putting everything you have learned to use...

Bob B. Boberton/Robert the Terrible

Shargas

Derm

Ahngem

Franklin Freman

Robid Hoon

Ulspa of the house of the Heavenly Dungeons

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »

Attempt to use the classical greek element of earth to magic up some magical (And regular) firing ranges and training rooms.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6