Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19120 times)

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
Questions and Answers
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:27 pm »

Hello everyone, I'm new here to Bay 12 and I have a few questions about LCS. Though I an not a newbie at LCS (though I have hacked it to make me invincible), I have questions about the Stealth and Security Skills.
*How can I train them?
*What is the best clothing to use for Stealth?
*And how well does Security how to be to unlock the doors to the CIA Headquarters?

Thank you.   
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »

For security, you need at least 1 point, and to do a trip at the industrial housing projects. All the squad gains experience for successful unlocking.
For stealth, try to do one tag at the crack house, then walk around.
The best clothing for stealth is the black catsuit (the ninja costume only has a higher drug bonus for interrogation and costs 50 more $ to make, and anyway, the Bondage gear is all around better for interrogation).
If I remember correctly, 8 security opens almost every door pretty much consistently. 10 security opens the safes pretty much consistently.

You're welcome.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:39 pm »

Thank you, and I have another question I forgot to ask.
*To hack the XML files for armor and such, how do you make yourself invincible? If I make myself too invincible I end up being the opposite; it becomes 1 hit kills.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:15:54 pm by DeathsDisciple »
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »

I've never tried messing with armor, but if you don't mind recompiling the code, there's a debug def in includes.h that if you uncomment, makes enemies not attack you.  That's not to say you completely can't die by some means or other...but you stand a darn good chance if the enemy doesn't attack you in the first place.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »

How do I access the Debug?
My YouTube Channel.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »

The simplest way to make you invincible to damage is to take the toga armor from the armor.xml file in the art folder and replacing the toga code with

<armortype idname="ARMOR_TOGA">
        <armor>
            <body>100</body>
            <head>100</head>
            <limbs>100</limbs>
            <fireprotection>true</fireprotection>
        </armor>
        <make_difficulty>2</make_difficulty>
        <make_price>5</make_price>
        <body_covering>
            <head>true</head>
        </body_covering>
        <name>Liberal Armor</name>
        <shortname>LibArmor</shortname>
        <fencevalue>10</fencevalue>
        <professionalism>1</professionalism>
    </armortype>

Then, you WILL be invincible. I guess. Equip everyone with that armor afterward. Just never surrender, never fight the evil Arch Conservative, and always try escaping immediately afterward if the army comes with jets fighters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:51:20 pm »

I'd agree with Elodie Hiras, 100 armor is probably pretty safe from wraparound effects.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:55:15 pm »

Why would you want to be invincible?

After all, Losing is Fun
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 06:28:17 am »

Why would you want to be invincible?

After all, Losing is Fun
-
In LCS, losing only gives you another tombstone, you can't just reclaim your fortress later.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 07:29:52 pm »

Forgive me, but I have another question.
*In LCS 4.04.0, what is the purpose of buying rations for your bases if you can't hold out for a siege?
My YouTube Channel.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »

Forgive me, but I have another question.
*In LCS 4.04.0, what is the purpose of buying rations for your bases if you can't hold out for a siege?
It's easier to defeat (or escape from) enemy forces if you wait until they make their way inside your compound. Forcing your way out of a siege is, in most occasions, a suicidal choice. That’s why you ought to hold a lot of rations inside compounds you intend to use as a base for guerrilla operations.

Sometimes the police/army will wait outside hideouts for a whole month before actually invading the place, what they try to do is starve your liberals out of their entrenched positions, that's just a basic tactic of military sieges.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 07:36:33 pm »

It's easier to defeat (or escape from) enemy forces if you wait until they make their way inside your compound. Forcing your way out of a siege is, in most occasions, a suicidal choice. That’s why you ought to hold a lot of rations inside compounds you intend to use as a base for guerrilla operations.

Sometimes the police/army will wait outside hideouts for a whole month before actually invading the place, what they try to do is starve your liberals out of their entrenched positions, that's just a basic tactic of military sieges.
All my bases have more than 2000 days worth of rations. When the police raid they wait one day.
Then I have to fight or flee. What gives?
My YouTube Channel.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 11:55:36 pm »

All my bases have more than 2000 days worth of rations. When the police raid they wait one day.
Then I have to fight or flee. What gives?

Sounds like unlucky dice rolls.  I typically see them wait awhile.  Or just sniper the founder dead on day three...which has happened multiple times...I need to fortify these places better...

Just the heck of playing around, I went into the source and found a way to completely disable sieges from occurring.  It was actually trivial to do (add a return statement to the beginning of one method and sieges never happen).  I did it because I wanted just one game where I didn't have to move my hackers once a week between five different locations just to keep heat down enough so they could work in peace.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

For Mr. Jonathan S. Fox:
*Are there any mods (CCS...) for Liberal Crime Squad?
My YouTube Channel.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 04:39:16 pm »

For Mr. Jonathan S. Fox:
*Are there any mods (CCS...) for Liberal Crime Squad?
That would be awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12