Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19150 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:11 pm »

Presumably you would identify whatever tag causes the M1 to have invulnerability and apply it to your liberal's profession.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »

Critical flaw: The M1 Abrams is vulnerable to fire. ;)

Its invulnerability is actually a very large armor value, and the armor value is actually lower versus flamethrowers and molotovs.

The game really needs fire's lethality reduced to 0 in the early stages of a tile catching fire so that fire weapons are more viable.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 09:32:32 pm »

I recall having someone go on a flamethrower hunt against the M1 and failing miserably, so it isn't so much lower as to make it killable.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 01:30:49 am »

It very well may be that fire doesn't lower the tank's armor enough to be viable. Still, I'm pretty sure environmental fire damage ignores armor.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 02:59:50 pm »

I think the M1 Abrams is vulnerable to more than fire.

That was the first and only attack I made on that tank.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »

Another thing here is something I've wanted to bring up ever since I saw a guard dog say "better dead than liberal" when it died:

The "death message"-function doesn't care what kind of creature, or even lack thereof, it's working with. If Dean wants to introduce robots at some point, this will probably need changing. Might as well start with this.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:52 pm »

There is conservative art buried in the walls!  :o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 03:47:29 pm »

That was the first and only attack I made on that tank.
Wha.....

When my liberals went up against the M1, all of our attacks were registered as hitting treads and having no effect. Every round the tank would launch a 120 MM shell which always hit a liberal and always killed them. I am confused.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 03:54:45 pm »

With 18 rifle skill, he probably rolled a gigantic damage bonus, large enough to overcome the armor and then some.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2011, 09:34:17 pm »

That's probably it, Jonathan. I only engaged two tanks in that entire playthrough; while the first one was an execution, the second one took shots from my entire squad before I downed it.

I'm still amused by those final words.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »

I guess once a liberal hits high rifle skill they automatically begin to liberally use HEIAP rounds.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 11:12:06 am »

That's probably it, Jonathan. I only engaged two tanks in that entire playthrough; while the first one was an execution, the second one took shots from my entire squad before I downed it.

I'm still amused by those final words.
Is it... Is it a LCS LP possibility I see?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »

Nah, Deon, don't get your hopes up. I redownloaded 4.04 two weeks ago and playtested it twice to see whether I wanted to record LCS again. The tank murders occurred during my first playtest, and I thought those amusing enough to be worthy of screenshotting. Nothing more.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 09:02:37 pm »

Alright, since this seems to be the thread for random questions; what counts as a "crime" for the purposes of nightmare mode? I know if you have someone selling music they accumulate "loitering" charges; are these likely to incur the wrath of the death squads? What about selling art? I'm trying to work out what I can and can't do without being death-squadded, and so far credit card fraud is looking like the least risky money-making strategy until I liberalize the system somewhat.

Also, selling brownies is supposed to provide "boatloads" of money with the laws at C+, how much is "boatloads"? I never found brownies to be worth it in the regular game, but if I'm going to get shot at for selling music I might as well sell a more profitable product  :)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »

Alright, since this seems to be the thread for random questions; what counts as a "crime" for the purposes of nightmare mode? I know if you have someone selling music they accumulate "loitering" charges; are these likely to incur the wrath of the death squads? What about selling art? I'm trying to work out what I can and can't do without being death-squadded, and so far credit card fraud is looking like the least risky money-making strategy until I liberalize the system somewhat.
Yes. Loitering is what you get charged with if the Conservative Court System fails to find any legitimate crimes to slap you with. The Death Squad of the United States Police Force is duty bound to go after any and all criminals with lethal force, so they will pursue you for loitering.
Also, selling brownies is supposed to provide "boatloads" of money with the laws at C+, how much is "boatloads"? I never found brownies to be worth it in the regular game, but if I'm going to get shot at for selling music I might as well sell a more profitable product  :)
At C+ Drug Law, the brownies are so very hard to actually get that there is a x4 multiplier on their price, which is gotten from your liberal's Street Smarts (Or whatever it is called) skill. Of course, this will quickly bring down the Death Squads upon all but the most stealthy liberal, so make sure they can run or fight.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12