Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really BS forgotten beast  (Read 1639 times)

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
Really BS forgotten beast
« on: October 06, 2012, 08:25:35 pm »

Herpaderp the skinless horse decides to invade and as usual I send the military to dog pile it. But then something really weird happen that completely devastated my troops. 
He had a deadly dust, but not like any deadly dust I've seen before. This dust exploded off him causing my dwarfs to go flying back and die from colliding with he wall. He completely murdered 30 troops but shotgunning them into walls with his dust. The dust itself was frozen extract.

But another weird thing is the dust was hurting him and causing him to collide into walls.

Really sucks, my whole military died within 20 seconds.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Really BS forgotten beast
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:32:56 pm »

That's fairly common actually. Undirected dust attacks have a reasonable chance of killing their user each time it attacks; that becomes especially likely if the creature is made out of a soft or brittle material.

The best option is to hit them with a dog swarm and hope that it kills itself accidentally before all of the dogs die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 05:37:14 am »

Or Elite crossbow Dwarves.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:48:45 am »

When you see ine of these, just send a cat. The creature will suicide itself with his uberatack.

This kind of dust atack is actually the most dangerous thing in the (unmmoded) game. One demon with it managed to kill an adventurer of mine
with 180 levels of shield user, who was completely invulnerable to anything until them (i was hunting demons in hell without any kind of trouble)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »

Deadly DUST does that, yes. Vapors or gasses just get all over stuff, but dust actually has concussive potential - a lot of concussive potential.

Willy, have you ever seen a cave-in? If not, go cause a few, watch what they can achieve - because they, too, cause a lot of dust.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:57 pm »

Deadly DUST does that, yes. Vapors or gasses just get all over stuff, but dust actually has concussive potential - a lot of concussive potential.

Willy, have you ever seen a cave-in? If not, go cause a few, watch what they can achieve - because they, too, cause a lot of dust.

Waitwaitwait. Minnakht from Kongregate? O.o I know you. :o