Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hands up  (Read 799 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Hands up
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

if you love 17X17 maps, these are seriously brilliant i love em whats your favourite size?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hands up
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

Just generated my first .38b world, and made it 17x17.  I think the sizing options will make modding much easier, since they generate s'dang fast.

On another note, my tiny little 17x17 pocket world was called "the infinite dimensions".

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

I've been trying to get Medium worlds but they seem to go Upwards of 1000 Rejections... but I also give it a custom name (Was calling it The Tesselaeted Oceans)  Wondering if it got Name dependent again... hrmmm....  *tries for another Medium Sized World*

interesting side note, The most common reason for Rejections on the Medium map I'm trying to Create is "Rainfall Not Evenly Distributed"    
Gonna take a rest and see if it has found a spot by the time I woke up, if not, I may bug report this.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Kaelem Gaen ]

Also: 2500 Rejects and STILL going.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Kaelem Gaen ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

It's probably a side effect of the word size. A medium size is enough to fit most of a normal world in, but because of it, temperature set by normal standards goes haywire. In a small world, you get only a fracture of that, and weather is a lot more even, simply because there is so little room where deviations might take place.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:57:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>I like "small" worlds. Mine generated in like 30 seconds.</STRONG>

you have a slow machine.  mine took <15  :D

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 12:10:00 am »

I made a score of pocket worlds just because they are so cute.   But then I made a 33x33 world to play on- just so I'm more certain to have some cool places.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

I made one and threw at least 20 adventurers at the local goblin fort before breaking it. I should make a fort on it now and collapse their towers to fully complete the destruction. :P

I must see if my raiding had any effect on their potential for sieging, ambushing, and child-snatching. On another note, there does not seem to be any kobold caves at all. A cave with a hydra and three named camels though. Oddly enough, those camels used to be at the dark fortress, and two of them earned a name from killing goblins. The last one earned a name from killing one of my adventurers. :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

I still prefer the full map.  I can handle worldgen times because I have a DS and I've been neglecting my pokemon for too long. (quiet all you people about to say I'm too old for pokemon!  Get em Garchomp!)

The small worlds are awesome for testing out mods though.

[ February 25, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

I've had a pocket world with a weird creature setup.

There was one settlement of kentauri (not immortal) that died out, but was ruled by an immortal divine being, and thus was kept on the map. I started a human, and was tasked to kill the divine being. I went there, and, well, attempted to kill him, barely stabbing him once.
Next time, I wanted to play a kentaur, but noticed that the kentauri were missing from the selection list this time. "Odd" I thought, and started a PlayNow! kentaur. I went to the retreat where they were supposed to live, and retired. Then I started another adventurer, and noticed that kentauri were now available for selection.

I wonder, if I left enough people there for long enough, would they reproduce?
Another thought - for an extinct race that is ruled by rulers, not powers, will adding PlayNow!s to the race's sites actually register them as rulers?

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

quote:
A cave with a hydra and three named camels though. Oddly enough, those camels used to be at the dark fortress, and two of them earned a name from killing goblins. The last one earned a name from killing one of my adventurers. :P[/QB]

From what I understand, right now the game can't track creatures in random wilderness areas (or something like that) so any creatures who get a name are moved into a random cave somewhere in the world to preserve them.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!