Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

LP Modded Master of Orion 3 - Just so you know, this means war...

(1/20) > >>

MonkeyHead:
Ok, so here goes with an OOC post to get this off the ground.

We all know this game was a dog. However, over the years a huge number of modifications have been developed by a small yet determined community that I was part of to turn this dog into a damn good 4X. The changes are far too many to list, and you can look in the spoiler tab below for a short guide to the mods I run.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)The work done by the community culminated in a number of mod packs. Firstly, "Vanilla", which made the game play as the devs intended. Secondly, "Strawberry" which included a whole host of cosmetic changes. Thirdly, "Chocolate", which rebalanced all races, weapons and techs. Finally, "Tropical", which totally rewrote the tech trees and combat mechanics. I play a custom built mod based around a combination of Chocolate and Tropical.
In this LP my intent is to play as a Human empire doing its best to thrive in a turbulent galaxy. Race creation stats spoliered below...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I choose poor mining and farming as mineral rich and fertile planets are hardly rare in a huge Galaxy, so colonies can and will provide all our needs here. I upped our manufacturing so we can try and keep pace with some of our rivals. We are good researchers already so we should out tech most of our rivals... more on that later. Seeing as we will be at war more often than not with our rivals trade is hardly essential. Humans are environmetally poor by defualt, which is fine by me. I nerfed our ground troop capability as I have no intention of using our citizens a meat shields. It pleases me more to glass enemy colonies, or to invade with conscripted captured races... I left our diplomacy as default as the odd vassal race might come in handy. Representative governmnets are the strongest but are tricky to play due to unrest factors, which is why I upped our citizenship. To prevent early game shortages I have gifted Earth with some nice mineral and fertility bonii. Our cunning as maximum by default, which will mean spying and other sneaky tricks will be a must for success. I cut our creativity back, which will mean less techs availiable for research, but spying will get us more than what we need to stay ahead, and this should also lead for more fun choices when designing ships due to tech gaps.

Here is the Galaxy we will be playing in:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, what do I need from you guys? Well, feel free to take naming privelages for star systems, colonies, ships, fleets and anything else I can give names. Feel free to ask questions about any game content and details. Feel free to suggest courses of action, strategies or tactics to be used. First few turns to follow.

AS REQUESTED: a link to my mod bundle ready for you to unzip and use - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NFM4QOX2

cerapa:
I have a question.

Why is there a juicer on the title screen?

That is all.

MonkeyHead:
Its the old Atari forums avatar of the individual responsible for most of the mod work...

MonkeyHead:
So it has fallen to me to take us into the stars. This journal should serve as either a record of our triumph or our eventual humilition, whichever fate has in store for us.

The Galaxy: Spoiler (click to show/hide)Our home system: Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It has been known for generations that a number of planets in our system could support human colonies, but the technology for reaching them has not been availiable until now. I have instructed them to be marked for colonization, hoping some pioneers will make thier way there for me. My next task is to get our homeworld geared up for supporting these future colonies, and some domestic policies.

Earth: Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This basic housekeeping done, let us explore our neighbouring systems... however, for this, we need some state of the art ships, both for reaching new systems, and for keeping order in our own. Before they can be built, our engineers need to design them.

Scout design: Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These ships are hardly death dealing behemoths. If we are to control the stars, we will need bigger and better. To that end, my Scientists could do with some direction.

Early labs: Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am happy for them to have a broad remit for the time being. No doubt this will change as dictated by future circumstances.

Our shipyards report that it will take a number of years before our first scout is ready for spaceflight. By then, our infrastructure will have imporved to the point where we could crank them out at a rate of one per year. So there is little to do for now but wait for the first scouts to be availiable for active service...

Sheb:
I'd like a scout to be named after me, preferentially the first one. And we should research rocket chassis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version