Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Small question about the next release  (Read 1055 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Small question about the next release
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

I just want to be a Dwarvish Paladin for Urist Rockwhispers, the God who appears as the form of a Fire Carp, and is the patron god of Beer, Health, and Cedar Trees.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small question about the next release
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>

April has been very thin so far donation-wise (I wasn't on track to make rent when I replied on the 8th; it's slightly better now), and I wasn't feeling like I can grind away on world-gen details quite so much.  I dunno.  If I have to cut out and jump to the presentation arc, I'd rather have completed in-game army features that you can use during play rather than the other stuff.  On the other hand it's best to get as much of the foundation down as possible early on.  I'm not sure how it's going to play out at this point.  I'll probably have to make some tough decisions soon.</STRONG>

I didn't know that the donation cycle was so tied to the current releases. I thought people just gave money when they could. Being late for rent really sucks. I hope that you don't get pushed into a development cycle that isn't as efficient as it could be.

I'm excited about the Caravan arc, partly because I'm an economics nerd and partly because I want my rarer items in a fort to be persistent and make their way across the game world after I abandon.

Pages: 1 [2]