Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 47398 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.5a*--->]})| Phoebus & ASCII DF-34.02
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2012, 11:07:52 am »

When is the last time you played a 40 year old fortress ? ^^ I would reduce it to 5.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:41 am »

i like the idea kobolds cant dig. i also like that they might die of old age they should live longer then 20 though. possible 40?

So maybe 30:40 years sound good? Since Kobolds can't dig the use of screwpumps and player made piping for getting drinking water to them (also embarking on caves so you can have cavern access)

Im also going to make small 1x1 workshops called "wood/stone pile" it will take 25 wood or stone to build, of course you would have to deconstruct it to use the stone or wood, but when you have a large amount of stones and whatnot but know your going to use it later you can stockpile them that way (for those that don't want to make a quantom stockpile by setting a 1x1 dump zone and dumping all the stone into one tile)

When is the last time you played a 40 year old fortress ? ^^ I would reduce it to 5.
Sometimes migrants come pre-aged :P but since they only live a little longer then livestock you will have quite a few "Has died of old age". But I fear in REGEN you might last too long as Kobolds due to undead (zombie/skeleton invasions) since they are tough buggers (Might make some kind of poison for kobolds and other races that "help" take zombies down, skeletons I might need a shaman/wizard/priest for them) or make Undead weak against SILVER or QUICK_SILVER (mercury and silver alloy, poisonous stuff)

EDIT:
But Kobolds have no castes as of yet, which makes them weaker then Humans or Dwarves (they are weaker in general but at least Humans and Dwarves have combat castes)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:17:30 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2012, 01:42:24 pm »

I will be releaseing V5.0 soon, I will play with interactions and what have you for V5.0a (unless there are some bug fixes then V5.1 :P )

Quote from: The Log
V5.0
-Fixed Several reactions and buildings due to missing reaction classes
-Upped wagon compacity by %1000 (bigger and better trading)
-Fixed Hammerer skill (I had left it out, now uses Hammer skill for executions)
-Miner's Workshop is now known as Tool Maker's Workshop
-Added Zombie and Skeleton Graphics back in (blood beasts and other regen creatures have graphics too)
-Booze values doubled
-Strawberries, Silver Barb, and Sun Berries can only be brewed at the brewery
-All types of new booze can now be brewed by choice at the brewery
-Plump Helmets can now be eaten raw once again.
-Removed Fences from dwarves (humans still have them, as they are more surface based)
-Made the Blast Furnace
-Whips have been modified some more
-Advacned Brewing should produce seeds for the brewed item (not flavour or sweetener items)
-Added [SPECIAL_BURIAL] back to some nobles
-Woodworker's Shop changed to Lumberyard
-Lumberyard and Brewery Require Assemblies to be built before you can build them
-Cats no longer adopt their own owners
-Fixed Double Outpost Liaison bug???
-All Organ Tissues have been renamed from "(organ name) tissue" to "soft tissue"
-Humans have a Headsman (Axe) executioner instead of the dwarven hammerer
-The "Dyer" skill is used to make all tools/assemblies in the Tool Maker's Shop (tool dyer)
-An Arcitect is needed to build assemlies (mineshaft, lumberyard, brewery, etc)
-You can now cut 1 log into 3 blocks/planks at the lumberyard
-Grinder, vats, large metal banded barrels (very large food containers) can be made at the Tool Maker's Shop
-All fences should be able to be built from both sides
-Using the blast furnace to smelt generic ores will only yield their greatest ore (if copper ore is greater then silver, copper is produced)
-Can grind slag into sand, potash, powder for glass, farming, and glazing
-Can compact slag into blocks
-Using the Blast Furnace purely for Iron will yield small chances for a steel bar and pig-iron (due to the use of flux to run the furnace)
-nerf'd Zombie bite (bleeding out should not be an issue from "one" bite, but many bites still will cause death)
-Zombie bites are now classed as ZOMBITE and will be used for future ref for interactions (last half a year (the classifycation))
-Corpse Grime is now RED was BROWN
-Removed OPOSED_TO_LIFE from skeletons (made their invasions odd, also they already hate everything)
-Removed animal people civs (cave) there should only be Trogs and Gremlins that ambush you underground. they should use weak metal for weapons but their mounts are the real danger
-Grinder and Quarry can destroy stones (dwarves have two buildings, humans have 1)
-Merged Kobold Camp with Regeneration "http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70558.0"
-You can only use COKE to run the Blast Furnace. If you lack COKE sources build a mineshaft and get digging.
-New 1x1 workshops that function solely for piling up reasources (Wood Pile take 25 logs, Stone pile takes 25 Stones) must be dismantled to use reasources.
-Zombies and Skeletons now invade "later" in the game as a kindof "End Game" invader.
-Kobolds now have a WAR caste that is somewhat common (there is only normal and war castes so far)

I will also take some time to Update the OP as it is Waaaaaay Out of date (some buildings have been completely changed)

EDIT:
Phoebus V5.0 of Regen is almost uploaded, I also noticed something. The Temple of Regeneration, the very building that started this mod. Is acually not very useful, I might just make it a part of the lore (kinda like the Fountian of Youth) it being there but only in lore. Of course I could make it a super building that requires Cotten Candy and some other rare stuff to build, and it allows you to REGEN your Dwarves/Humans (sorry kobolds, but you can't dig)

I'm liking the idea of just as a lore building, as this building did start Regeneration.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:18:43 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Phoebus V03 DF-34.02
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »

V5.0 Phoebus V03 DF 34.02 Plug and Play has been released, the OP was updated but this helps Regen Latest

EDIT:
Wow I just update to V5.0 and these are some features/bugs I forgot to fix:
-Dwarves should have beards and facial hair back (not %100 sure if working)
-Kobolds now live to 30 to 40 years (was 10 to 20)
-Dwarves and Humans now have skill rusting back (excluding scholors of the races)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:37:14 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »

Thanks!

Two questions that I can't really find from the OP or the last few pages (unless I'm missing something):

1. Will this type of stuff show up/matter in adventure mode? What kinds of things will I find with this? For instance I used to genesis mod and I'd run into dragon raptors and etc. I realize this is probably a stupid question, and I am sorry to ask it.

2. Is adventure crafting (a la Wanderer's Friend) in?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2012, 05:03:18 pm »

Thanks!

Two questions that I can't really find from the OP or the last few pages (unless I'm missing something):

1. Will this type of stuff show up/matter in adventure mode? What kinds of things will I find with this? For instance I used to genesis mod and I'd run into dragon raptors and etc. I realize this is probably a stupid question, and I am sorry to ask it.

2. Is adventure crafting (a la Wanderer's Friend) in?

1. Mithril, Bloodbeasts (in cavern 3 so no worries unless you do alot of cave exploring), Zombies in EVIL biomes (seriously I would not recommend fast traveling in EVIL biomes), The ABS (advanced bone structure) so try not to get your arms, legs, knees, elbows, etc broken ;) , Umm quite a few of the features will show up in Adv. Mode (like dual weapons) But I haven't acaully delved into the Adv. Mode part of REGEN as of yet, everyone (even myself) seem to like Fortress Mode. But maybe I should add some adventuring features. ;)

2. Sorry no, But I can ask the creator if I can include it within Regen. I will have a look and see how compatiable Wanderer's Friend is with Regen. If it's a simple drag and drop and has no issues with Regen. I'll let you know (so you can add it in while I wait for a response)

Also I kinda cleared the OP because alot of that info is now out-dated due to so many updates and advances.

EDIT:
Would there be any other type of Mod that has features that you think would be good In Regen? or perhaps a feature that you want and haven't seen anywhere else?

EDIT2:
Wanderer's friend is almost compatable with REGEN, I would have to add some REACTION_CLASS(s) and HAS_MATERIAL_PRODUCT(s) onto a few vanilla materials for it to work %100. I'm still checking it out as I wait for my !!SCIENCE!! of making pets that can turn into weak dwarves for cheap labor

EDIT3:
Wow if I had to merge Wanderer's Friend into Regen. Man thats gonna take awhile, once I get the Go ahead from Lofn I'll create a Poll and see how many people would like it included (This mod is quite exstensive, and a great deal of vanilla raws have been altered. Which means I have to see what changes where made and apply them aswell along with mine)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:19:30 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2012, 05:35:56 pm »

Thanks for the fast response!

But I haven't acaully delved into the Adv. Mode part of REGEN as of yet, everyone (even myself) seem to like Fortress Mode.

Ha, I like Fortress Mode but I view this release (of DF) as more of an adventure mode release.

I will have a look and see how compatiable Wanderer's Friend is with Regen. If it's a simple drag and drop and has no issues with Regen. I'll let you know (so you can add it in while I wait for a response)

Thanks, I figure it's a drag and drop for the most part except that Scale, fur and chitin must be applied via variations to creature raws - the rest of the raws are handled automatically.

Would there be any other type of Mod that has features that you think would be good In Regen? or perhaps a feature that you want and haven't seen anywhere else?

Umm... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85890.0

That's just a little riff off of wanderer's friend, but you could probably do something similar with your own smithing stuff for adventure mode.

Just read your 2nd edit after I typed some of this, but anyway thanks for jumping on this so fast. I think it was genesis that incorporated wanderer's friend, and genesis won't be updated for a while, so I think you have a real opportunity here to inject regen in as a good replacement.

(EDIT)
Just read your 3rd edit. I'd hoped it would have been somewhat more simple, at least for adventure mode (you can see from the readme adventure mode is a smaller install than the full dwarf mode). But if it's a whole lot of work then definitely make sure it's something a lot of people are interested in. Thanks for your communication and openness to this idea so far.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:38:06 pm by Isher »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:18 pm »

Hey no problem, I usally watch my thread so I can catch suggestions and bugs (bugs that I miss in my quick tests) Like one bug (not major) but somehow I've managed to removed beards from dwarves D: I am trying to fix this issue (A dwarf without a beard is just a really small human)

But If I have to I can bend Wanderer's Friend to my will (If it seems like it will be too much to try and merge completely) I merged Kobold Camp and there was a few issues where the was the same reactions (So I just had to remove Kobolds camp's second (mine was just as good or better) reactions and dropped their custom buildings into my reactions)

I will also look at the blacksmiths friend. But I think I'll just make my own smithing reactions (when I have time AND Wanderer's friend is a go)

If you decide to play REGEN let me know if you like it (or don't like it) :P I like feedback, and if you don't like it. What feature or change didn't you like. Either way GENESIS is a good mod I don't know if REGEN could be a replacement (as GENESIS has been in the making long before REGEN and has alot of new stuff (and always more))

But I will look into adventure mode then.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

I got the Go for merging wanderers friend with REGEN. THe current poll says:

Dwarves should lead a life towards !!SCIENCE!! and the runner up was full out wizardry/magic Sooooo.... I will try and merge Science with some magic (perhaps magically attaching a mechanical arm to a dwarf that not only has a mean cutting attack but can shoot lead bullets)

I'm putting the next Poll up about:

Wanderer's friend
Yay
Nay

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2012, 11:13:10 am »

4 Are saying Yay to Wanderer's Friend being included, Now I will be returning to the city of knowledge today, and then I'll be back in college. Which means I probally  will be very very slow on updating, I will still drop by to answer questions and see how interested people are in Regen. But updating will be slow. I will probally close the Poll in a few days (since Yay is winning by a landslide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

Ok looks like my future plan will be merging wanderer's friend for V6.0 (yes my versions seem to sky rocket, I will have to make Regen go by V1.0.0 soon :/ ) but First I must do some science on Geneforging and Dwarven test tubes. To solve the myth of "Can you make dwarves?" I will be doing this with a story fortress based on making labrotory for these tests.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

The thread that I am posting my test results in Lifesearch the Confidence of Myth

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:27 pm »

Science is going well, This will allow me to make a egg laying creature that effectivly will lay eggs that will create a modified dwarf that can help a dying fortress through labor/army but only 'real' dwarves will be nobles (captains, advisors, sheriffs, etc) mayors could be a postion that they could be elected. But trying to figure out a way to effectivly force the 'fake dwarves' into the army (labors can be done right after maturity, but army needs another step that I am fighting with a solution (by this i mean player controlled))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2012, 04:10:29 pm »

Any thoughts about "taming" invaders as a workforce ? They can be pastured/place nearby, are intelligent and have hands (to grasp tools/equip) So everything you need is there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »

Any thoughts about "taming" invaders as a workforce ? They can be pastured/place nearby, are intelligent and have hands (to grasp tools/equip) So everything you need is there.
All I have is a theory, and it would be:
Make all hostile civ creatures have the PET tag (I have no idea on how this would work, could have no effect on ambushes, could mess everything up)
invaders that have been captured by cage trap (the ones that haven't killed a dwarf (making them a perm. enemy to your civ thus loyalty cascade))
^^can be tamed at the kennels

Now this is where I am stumped, I have no idea if being 'tamed' will changed them to your civ and make them friendly. Or simply make them 'appear' to be friendly but really they are still hostile.

It could also end-up they cannot be tamed due to being INTELLIGENT or CAN_SPEAK, which could be fixed by placing captured invaders in a room to be gassed with a boiling stone that changes them to a CAN_LEARN, STERILE, PET caste of the invader.

But since they are now a Pet I donno if this is possible
are intelligent and have hands (to grasp tools/equip) So everything you need is there.
unless of course they still hold and wear their gear after the 'enslavement' transformation. Then Yes

But for
invaders as a workforce
saddly only MAIN RACE creatures can perform labors (but I don't know about temp. transforming them into a caste of MAIN RACE for like a few seconds then assigning labors will allow them to continue working even after they revert back (kindof like your MAIN RACE to pet, where soldiers still follow their old squads commands even tho they are now a PET creature that is no longer MAIN RACE))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19