Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 47343 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Phoebus V03 DF-34.02
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2012, 04:27:46 pm »

So you think a trained war elf slaves for you army is ok, if he still wears his gear. That might work, and offer a nice solution for custom graphics as well as an entire fortress run by orcs, goblins and humans, instead of dwarves.

I would imagine that elves will trade them though (use any pet race) Buy elves from elves. ^^ (maybe adding the EVIL tag, but then goblins might bring them in invasions instead of trolls.

Wow, testing is needed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

So you think a trained war elf slaves for you army is ok, if he still wears his gear. That might work, and offer a nice solution for custom graphics as well as an entire fortress run by orcs, goblins and humans, instead of dwarves.

I would imagine that elves will trade them though (use any pet race) Buy elves from elves. ^^ (maybe adding the EVIL tag, but then goblins might bring them in invasions instead of trolls.

Wow, testing is needed.
Testing is always needed for what we do :P because all this just a theory :)

trained war elf would be good, but it would be creepy cause you have to assign them as a war dog to a soldier/civvy. Which makes me think that maybe Dwarven Ethics for Slavery should be acceptable due to the fact that now dwarves can 'own' slaves :P

EDIT:
Also Elves might just trade themselves off :P because I don't think other civs count as wildlife thus would not be traded ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »

Yeah, but testing this stuff will be maddening, since we'll have to wait for invaders, trap them, transform them, and wait for caravans for trading, without messing our fortress up in the meantime :P Not looking forward to it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2012, 04:44:58 pm »

Yes these tests are very time consuming :( of course the 3 tests can be run at once with having 2 castes for a test creature
one that is INTELLIGENT PET TRAINABLE
one that is CAN_LEARN PET TRAINABLE

this will see what caste can be tamed

All my tests have been put on hold atm. DF has been placed on hold because:
Spoiler: reason (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2012, 04:47:53 pm »

Wanderes friend is just copy+paste, the adventure mode enabled stuff will never affect fortress mode. No changes to any buildings necessary. Dont know about the megabeasts though.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2012, 04:51:57 pm »

Wanderes friend is just copy+paste, the adventure mode enabled stuff will never affect fortress mode. No changes to any buildings necessary. Dont know about the megabeasts though.
Some of the adventure mode reactions require materials with REACTION_CLASSES (like skin, chitin, hair, etc) that was all added to the material_standard I guess I could easily just drop those required REACTION_CLASSES onto those materials and be done with it. lol

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »

It's been awhile, but I am back with a billion new ideas for this mod. BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES, BECAUSE I'M HOME! Look out world, here comes The Master!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »

With the release of DF 34.06 I can finally start modding again, I was getting a little phazed by the fast releases toady was making. So back to merging Wanderer's Friend and updating the OP then probally some feature balancing. Once that is done start adding new features and creatures that "The Master" has brain stormed

EDIT:
Kindof a bit of White noise but RL has had it's way, and in some of my downtime I've been helping other modders with their projects while I waited for toady to slow the updates down a bit.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:10:15 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:46 am »

I have lost all my modding progress on REGEN, so I'm taking a break from REGEN.

But a future mod I might be making when I get ample excess time will be a GENEFORGE mod, if anyone is familar with Spiderweb Software you might like it. And if you never heard of either, you will probally like the mod regardless.

Since you will play as the Shapers, using your magic and knowleage to "create" life (in a sense you transmute magically charged plant life into intelligent beings)

Maybe in the future when I hit a Snag with Geneforge I'll come back to REGEN but I fear it will be alot of necromancy for when it's time comes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2012, 10:37:10 pm »

Arise and Regenerate.

I will be making a new thread for regeneration, and I will be keeping with ASCII for the majority of it's creation. There are great tilesets out there for ascii and if ascii is ok for tiles, but sprites are nice for critters, I might make my own sprites. ya never know

But I will be working with Sanure to make Regen from scratch. Some of the completed Portions of Regen will be scavenged, and those that are no longer needed will be disgarded.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »

Looks like all the major mods decided to scuttle their old versions and just take what works and make a new, fresh versions.

I support this, although it will delay things ;)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »

Well I was staring at the old 31.xx code and it would be a pain to port it all to the new changes in 34.10+ plus half the stuff is now obsulte lol. Thanks for the support.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:57 pm »

Well when your ready and need help just ask.
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30:10 pm »

I will be starting this great conversion 2morrow. When me and sanure get a working verison that needs to be tested, I'll PM you HOG with the prototype raws :P

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2012, 11:35:35 pm »

I will be starting this great conversion 2morrow. When me and sanure get a working verison that needs to be tested, I'll PM you HOG with the prototype raws :P

Just a note I'm in a civil war reenactment so I'm going to be gone this Thursday till next Tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:37:15 pm by HiritconOvermindGibbross »
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19